Home

Extremely high tackle #s in week 3?

This is a discussion on Extremely high tackle #s in week 3? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
Pyramid Lake Games

OVR: 1
Extremely high tackle #s in week 3?

Have any of you run into the problem where mid-game the overlay comes up and says your LB has 80+ tackles and you are only playing in the 3rd game of the season?

Naturally, I thought it was a glitch. But after the game I looked at my team's defensive stats. My LB has over 80 tackles, my FS has over 80. I looked at other teams and about half of them have the same problem.

Does anyone know why this is? Severely takes away from realism and I can see it causing huge problems in the annual awards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Extremely high tackle #s in week 3?

Some players have stats messed up if you made, lets say, a rookie out of an old player who had 5 years worth of stats. If you do not clear the stats of this player, for some reason during the season, it will have him playing 32 games a season (instead of 16 of course). You have to find out which players are doing this (if they are not all rookies) and clear their stats with finn's editor. If they are rookies, you can clear stats with Finn's editor by just clearing all rookies stats (which you should run anyway). This problem usually happens in the 2nd year of a franchise.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #3
Pyramid Lake Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare
Some players have stats messed up if you made, lets say, a rookie out of an old player who had 5 years worth of stats. If you do not clear the stats of this player, for some reason during the season, it will have him playing 32 games a season (instead of 16 of course). You have to find out which players are doing this (if they are not all rookies) and clear their stats with finn's editor. If they are rookies, you can clear stats with Finn's editor by just clearing all rookies stats (which you should run anyway). This problem usually happens in the 2nd year of a franchise.
Thanks. I am in year two as well. However, the players that have this problem are either veterans or rookies directly from the draft class. Not players 'revised' to create other rookies.

Does it still happen in that regard?

I'd hate to clear the stats at this point.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
Rookie

It can happen with veterans IF they were created over top of some other player. Lets say some player retired yet was still in the game, like rich gannon. Then lets say some QB came back to the league, like Akili Smith, and someone needed to edit gannon into smith. You can have the stat problem with them also if the years dont match up correctly i have seen. Id say the best you can do is take the roster you played the franchise with and try to clear the stats of any player who is having this problem along with all the rookies. The roster i use used to have this problem with many, but i believe i have eliminated the problem completely. Its a pain, but its really the only way i have found to get rid of the crap.

EDIT: I have never had problems with players that came from the in-game draft though.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #5
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I believe it happens because the years pro for players were changed through the editor. (Which most roster makers did so that last years rookies would no longer be rookies). However, the number of years worth of stats in the save does not change so the the game gets confused (for lack of a better word). I still haven't cracked the stats but if I get a chance, I will look again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #6
Pyramid Lake Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I believe it happens because the years pro for players were changed through the editor. (Which most roster makers did so that last years rookies would no longer be rookies). However, the number of years worth of stats in the save does not change so the the game gets confused (for lack of a better word). I still haven't cracked the stats but if I get a chance, I will look again.
Thanks everybody. What happens if I don't reset the stats? Will it be the same the following year as well?

I'd hate to lose 4 games of great in-game stats for a few of my players because of this glitch multiplying the real stats by 3 or 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »