Home

Sim Only Franchise Question

This is a discussion on Sim Only Franchise Question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Sim Only Franchise Question

I'm about to begin the 2014-15 season in a sim only Redskins franchise. I've only made the playoffs once and have only have winning seasons twice. Jason Campbell has been outstanding at QB for us in his 10th season. He's already thrown for 29,000+ yards.

My question is tendencies. Is there any way to see what your opponent's tendencies are so that you can change your gameplan from week to week? That's most likely why I'm not winning but amazingly have been able to keep my job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Sim Only Franchise Question

You can't view them if you don't control the team. And the tendencies of any CPU-controlled team are no doubt set @ even or half-way, although you can of course look at the Coach's VIP run/pass % (though it's not the same thing). That's the problem IMO if one doesn't take control of all teams and edit the CPU teams' tendencies as the franchise progresses. Those tendencies and the CPU coachs' run/pass % will stay the same, year after year. Not very realistic.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Thanks baa! Maybe that will help me win some more games. Can't wait to get home from work now. Plus, the facility is closed tomorrow but I've got a dentist appointment in the A.M.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
Banned

The thing is, as the CPU teams draft players over several seasons, the makeup of their team evolves. If they draft a top RB, then they're going to use him a lot more than if they just had some average guy in there. So that team needs their game plan sliders shifted more towards emphasizing the run. And if the guy’s a Bettis-type back rather than a Westbrook-type back, then the run sliders should probably be shifted more towards running Inside than running Outside... that sort of thing.

Same thing with defense: if the team ends up drafting, say, a number of fast DE’s and LB’s with high Pass Rush ratings, then that team probably needs their Blitz slider moved up. And of course another way of emphasizing all that is to create and continually adjust CPU custom playbooks. In the case of a team with a blitzing D, you’d remove a number of the non-blitz plays in each of the various formations, and maybe even add more blitz plays. The more blitz plays there are in the playbook versus non-blitz plays, the more the CPU will choose those blitz plays during a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Thanks baa! Maybe that will help me win some more games. Can't wait to get home from work now. Plus, the facility is closed tomorrow but I've got a dentist appointment in the A.M.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:05 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Thanks again. I think I have an idea of how to set my gameplan now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #6
Banned

Come to think of it... I wonder if the custom playbook option is even viable for sim-only? Maybe too time-consuming? It is a possible option though: assign playbooks, then start the game as if to play, and then choose to sim through to the end. And I would imagine playbooks have an effect on sim results, but who knows?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Come to think of it... I wonder if the custom playbook option is even viable for sim-only? Maybe too time-consuming? It is a possible option though: assign playbooks, then start the game as if to play, and then choose to sim through to the end. And I would imagine playbooks have an effect on sim results, but who knows?
My gameplan does have an affect on simmed games though right?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
My gameplan does have an affect on simmed games though right?
You'd think so. You could test that by creating a test save and running a few sim games with teams' game plan running sliders maxed out, and then a few games with the passing sliders on full. In the one, you should see many more run plays than pass plays when you check the end-of-game stats, and vise-versa for the other games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »