Home

Hey Rickster and all you NFL 2K5 Experts.............

This is a discussion on Hey Rickster and all you NFL 2K5 Experts............. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Hey Rickster and all you NFL 2K5 Experts.............

sup guys.......i havent been on here for a while(maybe about a month). Ive noticed some new rosters by rickster and also talk about "zero" sliders(whatever the hell that is..lol). It seems pretty confusing, but i just wanted to know as of right now....and i mean right now............lol............what is the best combo of roster set/gameplay sliders. If u just want to know im a sim guy so lookin for those type of things in my nfl 2k5. Thanks so much guys and all those who keep this game alive.....simply amazing............

How bout them Superbowl refs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Hey Rickster and all you NFL 2K5 Experts.............

Hey SoCal.... well since you haven't been in all these discussions, a fresh look would be nice to have. I updated and tweaked rosters playing off of Rickster/Candyman's and are available here:

Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

I just now updated the slider set to go with it found in that sub-forum.

Hopefully you'll give them a chance and can give some good (in-season) feedback).

Thankx bro.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Hey Rickster and all you NFL 2K5 Experts.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
sup guys.......i havent been on here for a while(maybe about a month). Ive noticed some new rosters by rickster and also talk about "zero" sliders(whatever the hell that is..lol). It seems pretty confusing, but i just wanted to know as of right now....and i mean right now............lol............what is the best combo of roster set/gameplay sliders. If u just want to know im a sim guy so lookin for those type of things in my nfl 2k5. Thanks so much guys and all those who keep this game alive.....simply amazing............

How bout them Superbowl refs!

Greetings SoCal-Phenom its always great to hear from my fellow Cali breteren so wazz sup to you bro!!!

Well to answer you question in all fairness and honesty I would tend to agree with Daflyboy here as far as the discussions part and think reading thru some would give you a better prespective on what we've been doing and to get you up to speed.

As far as who has best roster set/gameplay that would be something you'd have to decide for yourself bro, the best is what I and Daflyboy have presented here in the forums and threads available for DL and free to all who are interested in playing the best of what we have to offer.

I'm not really into self promotion (well maybe a little) myself and share all my files to anyone whoes a member of this site and wants to learn more about 2k Football via postings and my own thoughts and opinions on 2K Football found in the various threads which I encourage others to participate in for lively healthy discussions that way we all win and share the knowledge in putting together the "Best" Football game on the planet.

As far as I'm concerned we're all the "Best" at what we do including members who've done rosters that haven't been mentioned, you guys know who you are and I'm aware of rosters you've done here and wished you guys would step up and let your voices be heard!!!

Socal-Phenom there is no best in regards of a No. 1 hit but there are some that may be better then others as far as certain aspects and gameplay issues. For example I have and excellent set (for real) and Daflyboy has an excellent set in doing what they do and so are mine, neither is perfect but present excellent play styles depending on your preference.

I myself am more into sim and gameplay issues particularly the sim aspect due to my quest for a game that reflects NFL statistics and realistic gameplay reflected in the final tabulation of what the NFL should look like in the games simulation and the way it plays so I feel I've achieve that goal with dam near perfect results you can actually see for yourself.

When my rosters are simulated they will and do produce the desired results that would lead you to believe you have wittness an actual NFL game stats and all in their final end. Daflyboys will produce simular results also in their own way.

We have both worked hard and tireless in these efforts to present to you and our members the "Best" we have to offer and again with amazing results but of course I'm going to slight myself with the edge because of my custom edits and our unique versions of the game and at the same time humble myself because of the input I've recieved from fellow members who have been a part of this process.

Both are very good at what they do and both are very different in the way they present it...check em' both out!!!

There are alot of guys here both vet and new members who have contributed greatly to both our succeses and to you guys I want to say thanks.

I myself want to personally thank my partner in crime "Candyman56" and give a special shout to "slapnutz" who always seemed to show up just when I though I had things just right with the rosters his contributions were a big help in finishing up the last minute addtions and roster changes and there are others particularly "Bascape666 who I think is the "Best" roster tester and critic ( a little too critical at times) ever, he really gets into breaking the gameplay down and finding those little things that make a big difference in finishing up the final product he in my opinion is one of the "Best" in his continuious efforts in seeing that the rosters and settings play the "Best" they can and does an excellent job at it...he IMO is one of the "Best" who did come thru and again to him and the others I say thanks your contributions are always welcomed and appreciated.

Well I didn't mean to go on with a speech here but thought it was important that you know that these guys are also part of the process and should be credited IMO for their input and like Daflyboy did say about the discussions it'd be to your advantage to check em' out!!!...and now the speech....

At this point right now I've pretty much has to say I'm gonna say check out both rosters and then some also check out earlier roster to see their progress and how and if they're being worked on this is important well maybe not the point is I've have roster sets that do and do not include edits and different personel as far as roster moves,anyone of them can be used or played and they can still be edited anyway you want using Finns. 274,275 or.276 editor use of any other edition may result in roster breakdowns.

The original base roster was "Candyman56" the roster he and I worked on back in da day and there were several other rosters available but I chose to stay with this project we started...but thinking back there was a roster that was really great as far as the personel on it and that was "Noplaces" roster it was pretty impressive with amost every available rookie in it...and he did this before any Franchise all of them were FA or retired players...so you see this game is very much dated...ancient by mordern standards but somehow by justing working on it and updating and using Finns editor its been possible for me to keep the roster going.

At this time I saw Daflyboy working on 2K4 and wanted to see if it could be done because it had better gameplay especially the kick return game as far as that missing thing niether one of us has really been able to solve, well it didn't have an edtor available and without one you can only do so many players and other items plus it maxed out in-game.

Back to the "Candyman"...I kept it updated and current with no edits just roster moves. I was still waiting on someone to update some rosters like the GCOv3 to come out and like a video game copy it was delayed and never showed up!!!

So that left me and Daflyboy, I myself didn't have any interest in Madden on the new systems and it didn't have 2K Football so I just didn't need it!!!

And from I've seen and heard of Madden on the newer system I don't need that either so why bother!!!

Well thats it bro just a little story to get ya' goin' bro, have fun and enjoy your games!!!

P.S. I do like Madden but not on the XBOX 360...to those who might have been offend.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »