Home

After a season removed I really miss the NFL 2K series.

This is a discussion on After a season removed I really miss the NFL 2K series. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: After a season removed I really miss the NFL 2K series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Why are u missing it...with the roster updates on this board 2k6 is definitely here ...get the editor and a AR and once again you wont wanna go back to Madden

Because while 2k5 was a great game, it wasn't perfect. I wanted to see what they could do with 2k6 and beyond, especially after playing NBA 2K6 on 360.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #10
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Because while 2k5 was a great game, it wasn't perfect. I wanted to see what they could do with 2k6 and beyond, especially after playing NBA 2K6 on 360.
regardless 2k5 > this years madden easily...
Old 02-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #11
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
That's how I feel as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
That's how I feel as well.
Co-sign.

And well I enjoyed madden 06 for a time, it just isn't doing anything for me now. I started playing 2k5 again and remembering just why I fell in love with this game.

What could have been.

Last edited by vinny; 02-12-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #13
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Maybe missing the joy of slipping off the wrapper and opening up a new game, and then popping it in the tray, anticipating what it'll look like and how it will play. Can't beat that.

Well that may be so (why so cold?) but doing what we've done up to this point which does include some work projects you yourself have worked on must give you some feeling of joy if you're still tweaking and working on it after all this time.

Then again that feeling might not be the chummy gitty feeling you get on that special occasion but you sure do feel something and if its not joy or whatever then maybe its somethin' you just can't say an absolute no to after all you're still showing some interest in keeping it around and talked about as a topic of conversation...hell we all still talk about it and miss it including yours truly but waiting 5 or 6 years just isn't fair and there are options to fill the void, I'd recommend a healty dose of Rickster101 or Daflyboys rosters and their options which include credits to you for your helpful thoughts and earlier projects putting together what we have.

Anyway to beat back those common feelings of sadness try some out today you might not get that feeling you've describe, what you've contributed is still greatly appreciated and I hope they'll at least ease the pain of missing a new game for 2K Football but for now we're holdin' up quite well until the VC crew or whomever it is steps up and gives us all some joy!!!

WARNING: MUST READ!!!

Feelings of joy and new found appreciation for the game have been reported and have been known to lead to gamers interest and appreciation for the game not first appreciated when originally purchased use these rosters and all their associated appliances including use of editors (Finns editors) and associated products (AR devices) with caution for appreciation of the game will overtake you. Symptons include and/or leaving you wanting more in the form of gaming interest/entusiasim and prolong hours gameplaying...you have been warned...there is no cure as of yet so use with EXTREME caution!!!

Take it easy baa7 I'm just messing with ya' but really check em' out and see what happens!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 02-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #14
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Well that may be so (why so cold?) but doing what we've done up to this point which does include some work projects you yourself have worked on must give you some feeling of joy if you're still tweaking and working on it after all this time.

Then again that feeling might not be the chummy gitty feeling you get on that special occasion but you sure do feel something and if its not joy or whatever then maybe its somethin' you just can't say an absolute no to after all you're still showing some interest in keeping it around and talked about as a topic of conversation...hell we all still talk about it and miss it including yours truly but waiting 5 or 6 years just isn't fair and there are options to fill the void, I'd recommend a healty dose of Rickster101 or Daflyboys rosters and their options which include credits to you for your helpful thoughts and earlier projects putting together what we have.

Anyway to beat back those common feelings of sadness try some out today you might not get that feeling you've describe, what you've contributed is still greatly appreciated and I hope they'll at least ease the pain of missing a new game for 2K Football but for now we're holdin' up quite well until the VC crew or whomever it is steps up and gives us all some joy!!!

WARNING: MUST READ!!!

Feelings of joy and new found appreciation for the game have been reported and have been known to lead to gamers interest and appreciation for the game not first appreciated when originally purchased use these rosters and all their associated appliances including use of editors (Finns editors) and associated products (AR devices) with caution for appreciation of the game will overtake you. Symptons include and/or leaving you wanting more in the form of gaming interest/entusiasim and prolong hours gameplaying...you have been warned...there is no cure as of yet so use with EXTREME caution!!!

Take it easy baa7 I'm just messing with ya' but really check em' out and see what happens!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
^^^^ truth ...his game with all the tweaks was a even better surprise than me buyin madden o any other football game (which i did i bought ncaa and madden). I had this game pegged for dead never to be played again basically and had my heart set on becoming a madden player for the next 10 years or whatever because basically i had no choice...this game was more satisyfying to me because i never saw it coming and didnt expext it..Unlike the roster update which is the pile of crap that EA calls Madden
Old 02-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Pretty much...def a good good game, but had a lot of rpoblems as well. Roster updates and slider settings are not going to fix that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2006, 12:32 AM   #16
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Pretty much...def a good good game, but had a lot of rpoblems as well. Roster updates and slider settings are not going to fix that.

You made a valid point but still even if VC had the rights to put out another edtion of their game I'd bet guys would still find issues with it...its just some peoples nature to look at the glass as half full as it is to see it halfway empty and dispite its short comings as for being the latest and newest addtion for the now defunk 2K Football series, I along with some other 2K fans have found it better to at least give it an effort to keep the base core of the game going and still enjoyable for what appears to be replay value!!!

I can see where you're coming from though and wish such a game did exist but the reality of it all is it doesn't in the brand new tradition of new and exciting for 2006 and beyond but for some of us the game already had issues and complicated settings that fell short of being the perfect game anyway.

No we didn't fix all of its gameplay and oddities that are already know in the game but neither have we just abandon it like yesterdays news...its still just as good, no wait maybe better then what had been before in certain ways and most of them have been improvements to at least find the game just as enjoyable if not more.

Like I said no we didn't fix all the gameplay issues and no we didn't fix thoses crazy settings that give guys fits and what not but I know at least for me the game was worth my time to keep playing it and make whatever changes and improvements possible and it all wasn't easy but guess what...I among others did something about it when the VC crew couldn't!!!

I saw the grass on the other side and yeah it was very pretty and very shining new as in the big thing but wasn't impressed all that much as I'm sure alot of other guys weren't either but still some were and thats ok.

Nothing wrong with wanting to stay with what still is the best Football game on the planet (IMO) just a little dated by todays standard and does include features that are still superior to its one time rival, the rosters are a vast improvement from its 2004 roster base and online update dated 01-15-05...long time with nothing from the VC crew huh?

The rosters and their edits (or without edits) are pretty much on the money and done with detail to include most if not all important updates to present time that you won't find online but here so why not take advantage of em' and continue to play the game with something that makes it still worth playing for a little while more and perhaps beyond for some guys!!!

Rice,Brown,Smith,George and others have gone their ways into retire and left the 2K series to fend on its own. Guys like me still want one more year (and then some) from the game and what it has to offer despite the flaws that can be worked on an improved to a point where its still playable and updated to rival yet still its newer more prettier,shiny one time competitor in the form of the next big thing, (Next Gen Madden) so its here and didn't impress as first precieved I imagine in time it will and thats ok but right now as I see it 2K Football is still the game to pattern after and they missed the mark this time around...2K Football is still here in this format we've presented and its suppose to be old, outdated and stripe of all its rights to exist for 5 or 6 years but some smart innovatived guys here at "OS...Da Spot" thought otherwise and chose to keep it going because its a better more realistic and absolutely more polished game of Football in all its presentation for a video Football game...buts its suppose to be flawed and settings that won't fix the game...maybe but its still the better Football game even now with updates and fixes that haven't done it all but improved better then what it was!!!

Its here if you give it a fair chance and rivals anything Madden has to offer in the versions we've presented here, just something we wanted to share and keep having fun with without going thru the rendered sentence of 5 to 6 years with no 2K period nothing,nadda,zip...just a few guys who have a passion for the game and what it has to offer!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »