Home

Frequency of Linemen injuries?

This is a discussion on Frequency of Linemen injuries? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Frequency of Linemen injuries?

Just a ball park estimate of what you remember seeing in your experience with this game. I can't recall linemen going down that much, especially offensive linemen. Maybe durability needs to be reduced some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Frequency of Linemen injuries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Just a ball park estimate of what you remember seeing in your experience with this game. I can't recall linemen going down that much, especially offensive linemen. Maybe durability needs to be reduced some.
this is very interesting.... b/c if you look at the contracts section of the game... most teams stock 4 OG.. 4OT.. and 3 OC..... I reduce it by one... my center has go down a few times... and I've seen OG go down with other teams... but 4OT is just to much in (2k5) IMO.....
Old 02-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
this is very interesting.... b/c if you look at the contracts section of the game... most teams stock 4 OG.. 4OT.. and 3 OC..... I reduce it by one... my center has go down a few times... and I've seen OG go down with other teams... but 4OT is just to much in (2k5) IMO.....
Defensive lineman get hurt very often, moreso than wide receivers and safeties even... I usually lose one OL per season at most.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Defensive lineman get hurt very often, moreso than wide receivers and safeties even... I usually lose one OL per season at most.
that's good to hear.... I have my injury level at about 1/4 the way of max.... I don't like how 2K5 does it's injuries.... not that I mind them.. its just that that most injuries last the whole season.... also, when I do resign at big time player that turns out to have a high rtg... he invariably gets hurt the begining of the next season.....
one time I had so many injuries... I couldn't put anymore on injured reserve...
Old 02-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
that's good to hear.... I have my injury level at about 1/4 the way of max.... I don't like how 2K5 does it's injuries.... not that I mind them.. its just that that most injuries last the whole season.... also, when I do resign at big time player that turns out to have a high rtg... he invariably gets hurt the begining of the next season.....
one time I had so many injuries... I couldn't put anymore on injured reserve...
I have it set at the default setting... Are you using weekly preps? I feel like using it gives you more control over injuries as there's a lot of stuff (especially in the alternate methodology section) to help prevent injuries. As far as season ending injuries, most of my injuries go between 1 and 10 weeks, with maybe one or 2 injuries that are 15 weeks or higher. Usually to a running back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2006, 05:27 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

OL guys don't go down at the same rate as other positions, except in simmed games. And they never go down in user played games, period. So yeah, it's a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »