Home

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

This is a discussion on Hate to be the bearer of bad news... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #25
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Hey Fellas my Idea is that we as consumer have rights, we buy product but we also would like to have choice. If we start a petition and get an advocate to support us as consumers because no one company should have a monopoly on any product I.E Microsoft. I am a fan of Madden but I felt that madden 06 did not have the quality as the 05 version and there were many bugs. EA is a company and they need to have competition so that they are held to a certain quality. I am only one voice but I bet other feel the same way. I feel for the 2k people there were qualities in that title and I played it as a change because they had thing that Madden did not. maybe someone could start a tread if it is ok with this website host. I thank them for putting this forum together were we can talk to each other regarding our concerns for the Virtual Gaming world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
Hey Fellas my Idea is that we as consumer have rights, we buy product but we also would like to have choice. If we start a petition and get an advocate to support us as consumers because no one company should have a monopoly on any product I.E Microsoft. I am a fan of Madden but I felt that madden 06 did not have the quality as the 05 version and there were many bugs. EA is a company and they need to have competition so that they are held to a certain quality. I am only one voice but I bet other feel the same way. I feel for the 2k people there were qualities in that title and I played it as a change because they had thing that Madden did not. maybe someone could start a tread if it is ok with this website host. I thank them for putting this forum together were we can talk to each other regarding our concerns for the Virtual Gaming world.
Okay, once again: EA is not preventing 2K from getting an NFL license, the NFL is. Think of it this way: EA cannot force the NFL to give them an exclusive but the NFL can sell or deny the license to anyone it chooses. THe NFL could even decide they're not selling videogame licenses anymore and we'd have no game at all. The point is, from a legal perspective, EA cannot be blamed for buying an exclusive license because the decision to go exclusive is ultimately the NFL's. So, because the decision to have an exclusive license is the NFL's, you cannot use the exclusive license as a legal argument to argue monopoly on the part of EA.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:38 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 16

So what your saying is that the NFL went to EA and said..Ahh..tell you what you give us 300 million and we will tell the rest of these guys they cant make a nfl game anymore...deal?......(and EA says)
Old 03-10-2006, 05:23 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Turning this into a generic game is a 4 to 6 month job. That's just ot redo the art without any NFL properties. If you want improved ai and some customizability, it's at least a year.

You seem to think it would be costless to just make 2K5 generic. But you're forgetting one thing: people already have 2K5 and it has NFL teams, stadiums players. You really think people would pay for the same game stripped of the NFL stuff?
And they've had a lot more than year already to do all that.

And who in the world would stick with 2K5, if a new generic version of 2K football was available on the 360? Nobody.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And who in the world would stick with 2K5, if a new generic version of 2K football was available on the 360? Nobody.
Wile guess, but what about people who don't have a 360.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Yeah but the guy had suggested that they should only remove all NFL content and rerelease as a generic game, claiming it would hardly cost anything. His argument at least seemed based on the idea that no other changes would have to be made. THat is no customizability, no gameplay improvements, etc. since he was clear that they "just" have to remove all NFL content and they have a new generic game at little to no cost. He never mentinned anything about a 360 version, which even as a simple port would require much more than just removing NFL content and would generate high costs.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #31
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

There may not be a 2k football title. But before I give up I will see what E3 brings!!! I would love to see a football title from 2k sports comes but if it doesn't I'll play with what I have now and what will come out. No big deal to me. I loved the 2k series but it is dead...Oh ohh I had a thought. What if at E3 on the stage 2k had a coffin with lightning going and lights flashing. From the top you see the 2007 titles come from the rafters with the lights still flashing. They announce the titles and when they finish have a bolt of lightning and a explosion. You see smoke coming out of the coffin and rubble bubbles out. Slowly the box art for 2k7 football comes out and they announce the game while the crrowd is drawn in because of the noise and lights flashing and they all stop and focus in of 2k7 football rising once again!..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constipated Hippo
Wile guess, but what about people who don't have a 360.
Anybody who is still playing on a current-gen system are going have to look at the reality. It's next-gen time, now. Time to climb on the bus

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »