Home

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

This is a discussion on Hate to be the bearer of bad news... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Yeah but the guy had suggested that they should only remove all NFL content and rerelease as a generic game, claiming it would hardly cost anything. His argument at least seemed based on the idea that no other changes would have to be made. THat is no customizability, no gameplay improvements, etc. since he was clear that they "just" have to remove all NFL content and they have a new generic game at little to no cost. He never mentinned anything about a 360 version, which even as a simple port would require much more than just removing NFL content and would generate high costs.
Right... okay, gotcha
Old 03-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The title should have read "Hate to be the bearer of reality".

With the exclusive deal in place, I'm not sure we will ever see 2K make a football game again. Enough with the rumours about the legends game, etc. I've moved on.
Not all of us are going off of rumors.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #35
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Anybody who is still playing on a current-gen system are going have to look at the reality. It's next-gen time, now. Time to climb on the bus

Uhhhhhh . . . not yet.

The one next gen console that is out is buggy and still difficult to find, while 2 others are no where near being released. Not even close "next-gen time."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
The one next gen console that is out is buggy
Ehh, I'm not so sure about that. There are many people that have a 360 and haven't had one issue (myself included).

It's just that the one's with problems are more vocal.....which is to be expected. Every launch goes through this and I'm sure the PS3 and Nintendo will have the same % of problems (which really isn't very high overall).
Old 03-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
Uhhhhhh . . . not yet.

The one next gen console that is out is buggy and still difficult to find, while 2 others are no where near being released. Not even close "next-gen time."
The buggy stuff is all nonsense and internet gossip. The 360 works great. And pretty hard to imagine buying a current-gen game ever again, so I suppose the issue is relative.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:10 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Anybody who is still playing on a current-gen system are going have to look at the reality. It's next-gen time, now. Time to climb on the bus
Kingdom Hearts II. FFXII. And to a lesser extent, MLB 06: The Show, which I'm currently having a blast with. For me, it is not that time yet.

(Which is good, seeing as I can't afford a 360 right now anyway)
Old 03-13-2006, 05:41 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Kingdom Hearts II. FFXII. And to a lesser extent, MLB 06: The Show, which I'm currently having a blast with. For me, it is not that time yet.

(Which is good, seeing as I can't afford a 360 right now anyway)
That's a good point. I've never owned a PS2, so I missed out on a lot of great games. For me, I can't imagine buying another Xbox current-gen game -- and there haven't been very many games worth buying in the last 6-9 months. It's like Xbox game developers gave up on the system as the launch of the 360 drew closer.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not all of us are going off of rumors.
I know Steve posted something months ago but there hasn't been a sniff of anything concrete for a long time. Even if they are working on something, it doesn't even mean they will publish it. TT is doing lousy financially.

While some people are hanging on for dear life, waiting for an announcement about the next game, I view their next game like a lottery ticket. If I win (they make a game), I'm really happy but if the ticket gets me nothing I don't care since I never expected to win. Quite frankly, I don't know why anyone would publish a competing football title on a next gen platform until the user base gets much larger anyway. I wouldn't even try until fall 2007 at the earliest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »