Home

what would you rate the top 10 picks?

This is a discussion on what would you rate the top 10 picks? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #25
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: what would you rate the top 10 picks?

I'm curious about something here concerning these ratings you guys are coming up with and was wondering if any of you have been using any outside sources for your figures as they relate to actual players?

For example I've been following the media and listening to actual conversations and talks about certain aspects to these rookies and really don't understand some of the ratings here presented, not that they're bad or anything but really...how do you know whats what?

I picked up the "ESPN Draft" guide 2006 and have noticed the comparisions and refrences made to how these rookies compare to their NFL counter parts.

Now with that said has anyone eles seen this "Draft" guide or listen in on whats being said about them by people who are in the know?

This is just a suggestion but wouldn't it be easier to reference some type of data or real info to get a pictute or some idea as to how to create or edit a player for example...Reggie Bush has been compared to Marshall Faulk and that sounds like a very good template to start out with instead of something speculative...of course you wouldn't create Bush as Faulk but use that info as a "GUIDE" to get a picture or general idea as to how to proceed in working on him...the guides available and if you're able to get one you'd be saving yourself alot of "GUESS" work in being on top of the "Draft" and knowing about those "Hidden" gems!

Again its just a suggestion guys but worth its weight in gold knowing whats being talked about by the pro and draft gurus taking out the guess work!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 11:36 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 15

Ratings wise, I dont really have a system except for the last number ending in a 2, 5, 7, 8 or 0. Other then that, I use VC's final roster update and I go according to the football book that I'll have that tells me all the stats that the players had which will tell me whether I should increase a decrease a player's rating.

For example, in VC's final roster, Panthers WR Steve Smith is in the low-mid 80's and after this past season, he will definitely be in the 90's somewhere come September.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:04 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

I would try to rate them how VC rated the rookies in the year the game shipped...Leinart stacks up probably as well as Eli Manning did, so what was he in the original game? 80? Maybe a little higher than Eli was, but I wouldn't make him too far from that. Similarly, a guy like Vernon Davis would compare favorably to Kellen Winslow except a bit better. As a guide I'd have most of the top 10 over 80 but under 85. The rest of the first rounders should be in the upper 70s. However some players should be rated kind of low coming straight out of college if they are projects. A guy like Vince Young probably isn't close to starting his rookie year, and I'd rate him at 75-76 b/c he is really raw. I'd give him very impressive stats except lower his consistency to bring down his overall and make his play erratic like it would be in the NFL...the consistency will go up as he progresses and he'll turn out to be a long term investment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »