Home

Updated 2K4 roster coming soon

This is a discussion on Updated 2K4 roster coming soon within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Updated 2K4 roster coming soon

Dreaded,
I did this a little different last night just to see how many created players I could create. I got "boxed in" with my created team. I had been running alot of players through my created team and then assigning them to their real team from there. I ended up with a situation where a screen would pop up saying that I had to release someone in order to sign anymore players, but the problem was that I had only 42 players on the created team. In short, I was only allowed to have 42 players in my created team and I couldn't sign anyone else because the computer would either say "you have to have 42 players" or "your roster is full, you have to release someone." (This is why I called it boxed in)
Anyway, didn't spend alot of time with it or mess around with ratings, I just wanted to see how many created players I could create. It cut me off around the 150 mark. Does that sound about right to you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 06-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #34
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Yup, 150 sounds about right.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 12

I have been trying to update a roster for 2k4, but it is not going well. I thought that I would do a roster set for each division that way the 150 player limit wouldn't come into play, but the downside is that you can only play a "quick game" within a division and no season.
Anyway,
I got the Bears and Lions done and I went to play a game and the announcers are saying the wrong numbers for alot of different players. I don't know why this is happening, and I don't really want to spend all the time to do this and have it end up like that when I play a game. This game really, really needs an editor as the gameplay is very good. (Please Finn) I will post this division when I am done with it, but I don't know if I will do the others onless there is a demand for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

For those asking, 2K4 cannot be played on a 360, only 2K5.

I'm curious, can you play the game with fictional characters? I remember a football game at some point that allowed us to play with fake players, I just can't remember which game it was.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:58 AM   #37
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
For those asking, 2K4 cannot be played on a 360, only 2K5.

I'm curious, can you play the game with fictional characters? I remember a football game at some point that allowed us to play with fake players, I just can't remember which game it was.
Backbreaker?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

Mbalmer thanks for the work your doing. Please post the rosters when your done. I haven't played 2k4, but with all of the people on this post giving it major props I'm going to pick it up today at a local gamestore. I think I can pick it up for a whopping $2! I'm a huge 49ers fan, if you could complete the NFC West that would be great! Thanks again for all of your hard work.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 15

Aside from the DB AI being better in 2K4, I just dont see the advantages of playing 2K4 over 2K5 especially when im sure that you could eventually find/create a slider/attribute combo that eliminates the horrible DB AI in 2K5.

Plus, since you cant change defenses from 4-3 to 3-4 and vice versa, change positions, etc., I dont see the point in wasting to try to finish something that cant be finished due to the editing limits of 2K4.

But either way, good luck and I give you credit for attempting to create a 2010 roster for 2K4.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #40
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Aside from the DB AI being better in 2K4, I just dont see the advantages of playing 2K4 over 2K5 especially when im sure that you could eventually find/create a slider/attribute combo that eliminates the horrible DB AI in 2K5.
Not to hijack the thread, but that is tough. It's along the same order of having to put all the slow guys on the kick coverage just to get normal typical runbacks without cheesing the AI.

I think for the DB's it will take some experimenting between attributes in the coverage, consistency, aggression, catching (0) areas and then tweaking the coverage sliders (with INT @ 0).

GL w/ the 2K4 roster. I still have the game install on my Xbox and would surely give it a go!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »