Home

Is E3 2006 the last shot?

This is a discussion on Is E3 2006 the last shot? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2006, 10:42 PM   #25
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: Is E3 2006 the last shot?

Its amazing, Gaming was supposed to be fun. I loved having options. This deal effected tons of people..The people who loved 2k football, and it even affected EA MLB guys..

Its not fair, someday i hope i will be able to play a 2k football game again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 23
Sorry guys...

i hate to be the barer of bad news but did anyone think about this or just me???

after this contract is over with EA and the NFL, EA will just buy the license again, and again, and again, which will completely kill any chance of a 2k nfl title... EA will always have more money than 2k, thats why they can buy their way to victory...

the only chance for 2k, would be to make a game, (probably only possible for ps3) that is COMPLETELY custimizable... league, divisions, team names, team locations, uniforms, colors, stadium names, logos, and of course a roster editor built into the program...

the great thing about this would be the fact that once ONE PERSON, customized the game, to be NFL 2k whatever, people would be able to load it to their system easily...

this idea should be possible on 360 and ps3 because of the great deal of memory it would need to work... essencially you would be greating your own version of nfl 2k, or course with the great 2k game engine...

someone needs to contact me, i should be a game developer, i have soo many ideas...

[email protected]

someone, please, give me a job...

regards
chris galligan
Old 05-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Sorry guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
i hate to be the barer of bad news but did anyone think about this or just me???

after this contract is over with EA and the NFL, EA will just buy the license again, and again, and again, which will completely kill any chance of a 2k nfl title... EA will always have more money than 2k, thats why they can buy their way to victory...
I have my doubts about whether or not 2K Games will still exist by the time this contract runs out.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #28
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan

This has crossed my mind as well. EA just recently extended it's exclusive license with FIFA, so this leads me to believe that once the current contract with the NFL is up, EA willl more than likely get the nod from the NFL to extend the exclusive deal.

I wish the NFL would see things the way the NBA does regarding these types of issues. Simply not relying on a single developer's vision of what an NBA video game should entail, but rather having multiple partners which creates competition and raises the quality of each game for the fans.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:49 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I have my doubts about whether or not 2K Games will still exist by the time this contract runs out.
I think they will in one form or another. GTA and the NBA franchise has developed a strong brand.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #30
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

But, even IGN is saying there working on a Football game.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #31
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Where?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
EGM and Game informer said they were working on a football game also but who cares Table Tennis will be in store on 5/23/06.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »