Home

Is E3 2006 the last shot?

This is a discussion on Is E3 2006 the last shot? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #33
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is E3 2006 the last shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
Where?
It was in one of those Weekly columns they do. But, it was along time ago
Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
EGM and Game informer said they were working on a football game also but who cares Table Tennis will be in store on 5/23/06.
I vaguely recall IGN reporting it, but I don't remember EGM or Game Informer saying anything about it...you have any links?
Old 05-06-2006, 01:00 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 28

I think we can forget about the Legends game from 2K. I just read this on IGN about Madden o7 (yeah I used "o" on purpose)
"Earn enough influence, and one day you'll be inducted into the Hall of Fame. But you won't be the only legend in the game as EA Sports went out and signed approximately 160 legends this year for you to unlock in Madden. Players like Barry Sanders, Steve Largent, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, Deacon Jones, Dan Fouts, and Sonny Jurgensen. Some, like Sanders, have dominated Madden games in the past. Others like Earl Campbell, might just make those Truck Stick moves more lethal than ever."

So they decided to sign legends also. I'm wondering when we'll hear about EA signing the rights to air?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2006, 08:10 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 21

2K sports is not planning or developing a football game for any platform in 2006 or 2007. Not a generic game...not a Legends game. Period.

C
Old 05-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #37
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
But, even IGN is saying there working on a Football game.
I remember when they said that. But I also remember them quickly changing/deleting the story.

I'm sure 2K had something in the works, and maybe it's on the back burner for now, or maybe it's completely off the stove.

It's my understanding that projects start and stop, get the go ahead then are cancelled, etc. Seems like 2K Football is one of those projects.

It's kind of an awkward time to be puting a game too, right in between the release of consoles. Sure it woulda been nice if they woulda squeezed one last game out, but what type of game would it have been? Evidently it would not have been on par with NFL 2K5. So they decided to go out like Koufax, not Mays.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Sorry guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I have my doubts about whether or not 2K Games will still exist by the time this contract runs out.
Maybe it's EA you should be worried about, since their profits were cut in half last year after signing up all the exclusives. Shareholders don't like it when profits get slashed like that.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/705/705027p1.html

I didn't buy Madden last year, and I won't buy it again this year if it's more of the same garbage. With Tiburon still making the game, I'm not expecting much. They're like Kush with baseball.

Last edited by GTheorenHobbes; 05-07-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #39
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Well, um, yeah, you can expect a decrease in profits during the year you spend millions on licenses that are meant for long term profits and marketshare. Shareholders love it when you have 100% market share, particularly when the market hosted the company's best selling product before it was exclusively theirs.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Maybe it's EA you should be worried about, since their profits were cut in half last year after signing up all the exclusives. Shareholders don't like it when profits get slashed like that.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/705/705027p1.html

I didn't buy Madden last year, and I won't buy it again this year if it's more of the same garbage. With Tiburon still making the game, I'm not expecting much. They're like Kush with baseball.
EA may have had a decrease in profits but they're not in financial troubles like 2K was reported to be earlier this year. These guys were not having decreased profits but rather losses. Take 2's entire finances seem to rest on the GTA series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »