Home

Is E3 2006 the last shot?

This is a discussion on Is E3 2006 the last shot? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #41
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Sorry guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
EA may have had a decrease in profits but they're not in financial troubles like 2K was reported to be earlier this year. These guys were not having decreased profits but rather losses. Take 2's entire finances seem to rest on the GTA series.
I think you might be forgetting about another game they put out. I'm trying to remember the name... "Oblivion" is it?

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Sorry guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I think you might be forgetting about another game they put out. I'm trying to remember the name... "Oblivion" is it?
It's possible. I just remember that early this year there were reports of Take Two's financial difficulties and how the company's revenues were pretty much driven by the GTA series. Of course, at that time, Oblivion's sale numbers were not known because the articles were based on the last quarter's financial reports. This was not meant to slam T2 or 2K in any way but rather a staement of fact that despite its reduced profits, EA is still in much better financial shape than 2K.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Is E3 2006 the last shot?

So E3's come and gone and no word on 2k football...oh well, that's what most of us expected. Guess we'll all just have to stick with 2K5, which isn't a bad thing cuz I bet it will still be better than the Xbox version of Madden 07. I'll just hope EA keeps producing underwhelming products and 2k sports continues to do better on their other sports titles so they have a shot at getting the license in the future.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:57 AM   #44
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
So E3's come and gone and no word on 2k football...oh well, that's what most of us expected. Guess we'll all just have to stick with 2K5, which isn't a bad thing cuz I bet it will still be better than the Xbox version of Madden 07. I'll just hope EA keeps producing underwhelming products and 2k sports continues to do better on their other sports titles so they have a shot at getting the license in the future.
LOL how long can you play a 2 year old game.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:33 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
For as long as Madden is the only NFL licensed game available. I rather play Backyard Football then play crappy overrated and overpriced Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
For as long as Madden is the only NFL licensed game available. I rather play Backyard Football then play crappy overrated and overpriced Madden.
Preach on, Brotha Dan
Old 05-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 8

As a diehard fan of MVP 05 from EA that died the same death of NFL 2K5, I can truly understand the dedication guys have for their beloved 2K5 football. I'm a big presentation gamer and one the one thing that NFL 2K5 blew Madden away with was overall presentation. You actually felt like you were immersed into a real NFL season with all the ESPN integration...ya know, the REAL ESPN integration that EA has been promising since getting exclusive rights only to give every one a cute little sports ticker and repetitive ESPN radio feed.

I say all this and I'm a big EA proponent who will be buying NCAA and Madden 07 for the 360. But after reading the threads here and other places where 2K football guys share the same pain I have for not having anymore MVP baseball, I went out and found a rare unopened version of 2k5 for the PS2 to see what the 2k5 guys loved so much about the game. I'm not overly fond of the gameplay being so used to Madden and NCAA, but I can get used to it. But, again, I have to say that the presentation is just insane in this game.

This game definitely goes into my personal video game HOF along with MVP Baseball 05.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Honestly, if NFL 2K5 didn't have some nasty offseason glitches, I'd able to play this game until the deal was over. However, exhibition play with updated rosters will hold me over at least through this season. The fact is that some of the "New" Madden features have been in NFL 2K5, so I don't really feel like I'm missing out...yay, they just added "precision passing" in 06 when "Maximum Passing" has been around for the 2k series. Yay, they're adding a juke stick for 07, oh wait 2k5 has that. The fact is, I'd rather not pay 50 bucks for an updated Madden roster when I have free roster updates available for a game that is on par and in many ways exceeds the current renditions of Madden (just for clarification I am talking about on Xbox). I've clocked in hundreds of hours playing 2k5 and I don't see why I can't clock in a couple hundred more

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »