Home

Is the AI for 2K5 flawed beyond repair?

This is a discussion on Is the AI for 2K5 flawed beyond repair? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Is the AI for 2K5 flawed beyond repair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I wasn't trying to be an a$$, but seriously when we see a guy who has come on here after only a dozen posts and make the statement you did.....you sound like a troller, and an EA one at that.

I understand. Trust me, I am not a Madden fan.

See, there again, you're not reading accurately and keeping things straight. I don't have a slider theory, that's Rickster. I don't agree with what he proposes there, but then again, it may work for him. So again, keep your information accurate before you "print" it.

I did read it accurately: I just wanted to irritate you (I know; bad Juggernaut).

I never said I was a 2K5 genius..... I'm just saying be careful making strongly stated postings at such an early point in your postings around here.

Thanks for the warning.

Look, if you took this personally, please don't. It's not meant that way. I'm just trying to help in an off-handed way from you getting into a potential flame war...... I mean let's face it, you made some very strong statements.

I did not take it personally. I understand your position and I respect your opinion. I was actually venting and asking a series of questions.

Actually you want what we all want. I think the 2K enthusiasts (including K4 players) don't really look at this as a "2 year old" game, but moreso, a game that is still very far ahead of what the current competition has offered and looks as if they will continue to offer. Therefore, since we have the tools and enthusiasm to keep it current, we also want to find what makes the best possible package with what we have to work...... which is especially made largely possible through Finn's editor.

Unfortunately it is a two year old game. You are right, the game does still offer more than Madden 06 and from what I have read, Madden 07. Since I have a PS2, I am unable to use the Finn Editor, so I can only relate to what problems the PS2 version has.

So again, my apologies if it came across as harsh. I would just suggest maybe tempering what you say/how you put it. We've all learned from those who delved into this game before us and tried to build on it....which is what makes a community effort great!
I appreciate that, and offer my apologies for trying to irritate you. I am a Lions fan, so I have been called worse lol
Thanks for your hardwork, and keep 2K5 ALIVE.

Last edited by Juggernaut XX; 05-04-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
Juggernaut, there's really no need to go after DFB. Truth be told, he's done a ton of work to help improve the game experience both online and off.

Now to talk to your question. First and foremost, the single best way to make the game play better is to play on XBOX. Not because the system is any better or anything, but simply because Finn's editor only works for XBOX. You want dramatic changes to the way the game plays? Run some global edits until the game plays more realistic to you. If you want to stick with PS2, you're going to have some problems.

As to online play, there is a fantastic slider set that we play with in our sim league that gives great results. If you want it, just email me at nflchampion at gmail dot com.

Don't go after the people who have done the most to help us enjoy this game a little bit more. I hope that someday Madden approaches what 2K5 is now, but with no incentive to do so, I don't expect it to happen.
I guess that I will just buy a used XBOX. Thanks. Oh yeah, are those sliders for the PS2?

Last edited by Juggernaut XX; 05-04-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
Great post Juggernaut XX. I agree with you for the most part. Unfortunately some guys think that they have all the answers and are sooo smart just because they have over 10,000 posts. To call someone ignorant is just plain foul. I was under the impression that regardless of the amount of posts you have, everyones opinion is welcomed. Daflyboy needs to take a chill pill. If he would had read your post he should have understood that you were expressing your opinion and asking for help. I do not have a million posts, but I have played the game just as much as anyone else, and know the game of football.

The zero slider theory does work if you tweak it right. Yes, despite my years of trying to get consistant gameplay, I realize that 2K5 is not perfect and has it's problems. My best advise is to continue to monitor posts (especially after the draft).

I will finish by saying that most of us now play the game on the X-Box. I had to buy a used X-Box so that I could utilize all of the new rosters, sliders and the Finn editor. None of them are perfect, but they do offer a better game experience than playing the game on the PS2. Sorry but you may have to invest in an X-Box if you want to get a better game experience with 2K5. If not, NCAA 2007 does sound very interesting (I hate Madden). I feel like the BORG (EA) is trying to assimilate me as well. lol
Thanks, I thought I was clear, but people interpret things differently. All is good.

I guess that I will just buy a used XBOX. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
I guess that I will just buy a used XBOX. Thanks. Oh yeah, are those sliders for the PS2?
I don't know why they wouldn't work on PS2. It's quite a bit of tweaking, but the results are great--you see very close games, guys playing smarter and the like. Definately worth a try.

PS--If you're just playing people online, they aren't likely to want to play an unranked game with slider tweaks. If you know some people who just want to play good games, this is probably the best way to go.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry
Great post Juggernaut XX. I agree with you for the most part. Unfortunately some guys think that they have all the answers and are sooo smart just because they have over 10,000 posts. To call someone ignorant is just plain foul. I was under the impression that regardless of the amount of posts you have, everyones opinion is welcomed. Daflyboy needs to take a chill pill. If he would had read your post he should have understood that you were expressing your opinion and asking for help. I do not have a million posts, but I have played the game just as much as anyone else, and know the game of football.

The zero slider theory does work if you tweak it right. Yes, despite my years of trying to get consistant gameplay, I realize that 2K5 is not perfect and has it's problems. My best advise is to continue to monitor posts (especially after the draft).

I will finish by saying that most of us now play the game on the X-Box. I had to buy a used X-Box so that I could utilize all of the new rosters, sliders and the Finn editor. None of them are perfect, but they do offer a better game experience than playing the game on the PS2. Sorry but you may have to invest in an X-Box if you want to get a better game experience with 2K5. If not, NCAA 2007 does sound very interesting (I hate Madden). I feel like the BORG (EA) is trying to assimilate me as well. lol
When did ignorant become a bad word? It doesn't mean you are dumb or stupid. I'm ignorant when it comes to hockey & cars.. We are all ignorant to a certain degree, unless you know everything..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #14
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Everything's been asked, answered and addressed......no reason to extend it, bro. All's good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »