Home

Is the AI for 2K5 flawed beyond repair?

This is a discussion on Is the AI for 2K5 flawed beyond repair? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2006, 10:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Is the AI for 2K5 flawed beyond repair?

Is the AI for 2K5 flawed beyond repair? After a year of trying to find the solution to why DB AI, DL AI, WR AI, and QB AI are really not adjustable; I have finally reached the conclusion that the game programmers pulled an EA move by giving us the ability to adjust sliders and edit attributes knowing that they do not work. Yeah, you can see a slight change after adjusting certain sliders and attributes, but there is no real solution to any of the aforementioned AI problems.

I have read most of the threads pertaining to the game and have not found anything that works 100% (not even 75%). If I missed something; please let me know. If not, I think that I will be assimilated by NCAA 2007. Resistance appears to be futile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Is the AI for 2K5 flawed beyond repair?

You probably need to look around and read more about all of the accomplishments with this game (AI-wise) that have been accomplished before you post such an ignorant statement.

And by ignorant, I mean uninformed.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:15 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You probably need to look around and read more about all of the accomplishments with this game (AI-wise) that have been accomplished before you post such an ignorant statement.

And by ignorant, I mean uninformed.
LOL. Ignorant? That is a powerful adjective. Since obviously you are very intelligent, maybe you can educate this "ignorant" individual? Please bestow your vast knowledge of ESPN 2K5 upon me. You can start by explaining why your "zero slider" theory is just a theory. Although the initial application of your theory was thought to have been promising; after further research it appears to be invalid. Maybe you should have researched it a little more before you posted it. Or maybe you posted it as an attempt to help others enhance their 2K5 experience. My theory is that you have played the game for numerous days or months and believe that you are the 2K5 genius. I will not dispute your hardwork and dedication which has been evident over the past several months (I have read the posts). I do commend your efforts and will be the first to offer my grattitude to all of the individuals that have posted very helpful information. Now back to my "ignorant" post; I will admit that I am frustrated with trying to find the most realistic football game experience, and wanting more from a two year old game. If you want to misconstrue that as "ignorant", than so be it. I play 2K5 on my PS2 and have used all of the rosters, and sliders that are available for th PS2 (which is limited). I have played the game on a regular basis since it's release date, and believe that my post is based on my experience with the game. Oh yeah, I am well informed. Okay, sometimes I am misinformed. If you can offer any assistance; it will be welcomed (refer to the ignorant post).
Old 04-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
LOL. Ignorant? That is a powerful adjective. Since obviously you are very intelligent, maybe you can educate this "ignorant" individual? Please bestow your vast knowledge of ESPN 2K5 upon me.
I wasn't trying to be an a$$, but seriously when we see a guy who has come on here after only a dozen posts and make the statement you did.....you sound like a troller, and an EA one at that.

Quote:
You can start by explaining why your "zero slider" theory is just a theory. Although the initial application of your theory was thought to have been promising; after further research it appears to be invalid. Maybe you should have researched it a little more before you posted it. Or maybe you posted it as an attempt to help others enhance their 2K5 experience.
See, there again, you're not reading accurately and keeping things straight. I don't have a slider theory, that's Rickster. I don't agree with what he proposes there, but then again, it may work for him. So again, keep your information accurate before you "print" it.

Quote:
My theory is that you have played the game for numerous days or months and believe that you are the 2K5 genius. I will not dispute your hardwork and dedication which has been evident over the past several months (I have read the posts). I do commend your efforts and will be the first to offer my grattitude to all of the individuals that have posted very helpful information.
I never said I was a 2K5 genius..... I'm just saying be careful making strongly stated postings at such an early point in your postings around here.

Quote:
Now back to my "ignorant" post; I will admit that I am frustrated with trying to find the most realistic football game experience, and wanting more from a two year old game. If you want to misconstrue that as "ignorant", than so be it. I play 2K5 on my PS2 and have used all of the rosters, and sliders that are available for th PS2 (which is limited). I have played the game on a regular basis since it's release date, and believe that my post is based on my experience with the game. Oh yeah, I am well informed. Okay, sometimes I am misinformed. If you can offer any assistance; it will be welcomed (refer to the ignorant post).
Look, if you took this personally, please don't. It's not meant that way. I'm just trying to help in an off-handed way from you getting into a potential flame war...... I mean let's face it, you made some very strong statements.

Actually you want what we all want. I think the 2K enthusiasts (including K4 players) don't really look at this as a "2 year old" game, but moreso, a game that is still very far ahead of what the current competition has offered and looks as if they will continue to offer. Therefore, since we have the tools and enthusiasm to keep it current, we also want to find what makes the best possible package with what we have to work...... which is especially made largely possible through Finn's editor.

So again, my apologies if it came across as harsh. I would just suggest maybe tempering what you say/how you put it. We've all learned from those who delved into this game before us and tried to build on it....which is what makes a community effort great!
Old 04-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Juggernaut, there's really no need to go after DFB. Truth be told, he's done a ton of work to help improve the game experience both online and off.

Now to talk to your question. First and foremost, the single best way to make the game play better is to play on XBOX. Not because the system is any better or anything, but simply because Finn's editor only works for XBOX. You want dramatic changes to the way the game plays? Run some global edits until the game plays more realistic to you. If you want to stick with PS2, you're going to have some problems.

As to online play, there is a fantastic slider set that we play with in our sim league that gives great results. If you want it, just email me at nflchampion at gmail dot com.

Don't go after the people who have done the most to help us enjoy this game a little bit more. I hope that someday Madden approaches what 2K5 is now, but with no incentive to do so, I don't expect it to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #6
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
Juggernaut, there's really no need to go after DFB. Truth be told, he's done a ton of work to help improve the game experience both online and off.

Now to talk to your question. First and foremost, the single best way to make the game play better is to play on XBOX. Not because the system is any better or anything, but simply because Finn's editor only works for XBOX. You want dramatic changes to the way the game plays? Run some global edits until the game plays more realistic to you. If you want to stick with PS2, you're going to have some problems.

As to online play, there is a fantastic slider set that we play with in our sim league that gives great results. If you want it, just email me at nflchampion at gmail dot com.

Don't go after the people who have done the most to help us enjoy this game a little bit more. I hope that someday Madden approaches what 2K5 is now, but with no incentive to do so, I don't expect it to happen.

so do u know what the best rosters and sliders are to make the game better? and is it possible to put it onto the 360?
Old 04-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #7
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Great post Juggernaut XX. I agree with you for the most part. Unfortunately some guys think that they have all the answers and are sooo smart just because they have over 10,000 posts. To call someone ignorant is just plain foul. I was under the impression that regardless of the amount of posts you have, everyones opinion is welcomed. Daflyboy needs to take a chill pill. If he would had read your post he should have understood that you were expressing your opinion and asking for help. I do not have a million posts, but I have played the game just as much as anyone else, and know the game of football.

The zero slider theory does work if you tweak it right. Yes, despite my years of trying to get consistant gameplay, I realize that 2K5 is not perfect and has it's problems. My best advise is to continue to monitor posts (especially after the draft).

I will finish by saying that most of us now play the game on the X-Box. I had to buy a used X-Box so that I could utilize all of the new rosters, sliders and the Finn editor. None of them are perfect, but they do offer a better game experience than playing the game on the PS2. Sorry but you may have to invest in an X-Box if you want to get a better game experience with 2K5. If not, NCAA 2007 does sound very interesting (I hate Madden). I feel like the BORG (EA) is trying to assimilate me as well. lol

Last edited by murry; 04-29-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Claws in, dude. I didn't call him ignorant. I said the statemen was..... as in uninformed. Not stupid. Not ********. Not an ignoramus. And definitely not him. And I came back and apologized. He's a big boy and can speak for himself. I explained myself. Everybody seems okay. No reason to stir the pot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »