Home

A petition?

This is a discussion on A petition? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2006, 02:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
A petition?

Ok, so I remember people petitioning EA and the NFL and trying to get reversals on the exclusive deal when it was first made, but has the 2k football community ever tried to petition 2k Sports directly? I'm not one to say that petitions make things happen all the time, but I really don't see much to lose in petitioning 2k Sports to make a football game. I think a petition would generate a lot of signatures given the fanbase here at OS, the fanbase still on the 2k football forum, and even if it was spread around IGN, GameSpot forums, and whatnot, especially since a January poll of 2k vs EA indicated readers prefered NFL 2K5 over Madden 06. I bet you could even get some Maddenites to sign a petition b/c some of the smarter ones have to see that a lack of competition only brings down EAs product and creates complacency in the development team. I'm just tired of sitting around and hoping for news from 2k Sports...I just think we should do anything we can to show 2k Sports that their seeming apathy is discouraging and may even be affecting the sales of their other games...last year I bought the whole 2k sports line up, this year I only bought NBA 2k6. The fact that they're not doing anything is leaving me disenfranchised with them on top of EA.

If there is a petition would someone please let me know...if there isn't, can we please get this underway? Sorry for the rant guys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2006, 04:00 AM   #2
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: A petition?

All I have to say is.... If they don't make a game this year or show it at E3. Its over for a long time. So, just move on after E3.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

While I agree with what you are saying, it would be a futile effort. Your time and energy would be better spent working to keep 2K5 as up to date and fresh as possible. I am getting excited about trying out a few of the files that the roster guys have put together in the Rosters forum.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
While I agree with what you are saying, it would be a futile effort. Your time and energy would be better spent working to keep 2K5 as up to date and fresh as possible. I am getting excited about trying out a few of the files that the roster guys have put together in the Rosters forum.
It doesn't help those of us without an xbox. We need to petiton 2k to make it backwards compatible.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3271
It doesn't help those of us without an xbox. We need to petiton 2k to make it backwards compatible.
I thought it was up to Microsoft???
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »