Home

tips on weekly preperation?

This is a discussion on tips on weekly preperation? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
tips on weekly preperation?

so my first attempt at weekly preperation, i tried to balance out the drills between players, varied the drills from day to day, THOUGHT i did a good job...only to see at the end of the week ALL my players dropped at least 1 or 2 points . my team morale was nearly maxed out, and my team focus was a little better then half. what are some ways to improve the players during training, and not hurt their ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
Pro

AugustWest71's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: tips on weekly preperation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
so my first attempt at weekly preperation, i tried to balance out the drills between players, varied the drills from day to day, THOUGHT i did a good job...only to see at the end of the week ALL my players dropped at least 1 or 2 points . my team morale was nearly maxed out, and my team focus was a little better then half. what are some ways to improve the players during training, and not hurt their ratings?
I PMd Flipmo23 and asked him the same thing. This is what he said:

What's up man. Weekly Preps, and I don't know why so many people won't take the time to learn it, changes the game completely and allows you, over the course of a season, 2 seasons, 3 seasons, develop your players how you want. Think your RB can be an inside runner in the future? Build up his strength and break tackle from week to week. Think he's a bit slow? Let's work those ankles and quads.

For starters, you want to use this workout plan as a base:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/...eekly_prep.txt

Use the prep that gives your players the half day off on Friday (there are two preps in on that page). This allows for your players to be rested before the game and thus gets you less injuries.

As far as developing players, if you have a bunch of star wide receivers, then it would only make sense to take a couple of WR drills out of that weekly prep and use those hours to develop the player(s) that you think need it more.

For example, my main man in my franchises has always been Boss Bailey. He was about a 79 overall when I traded for him. The thing with him is that even though his overall is low, he has alot of potential considering he's in the mid 70s in every major category and his speed rating is a 92, amazing for an OLB. Basically, I put in a bunch of drills for strength and tackling for OLBs, and he's now a 90 overall 2 seasons later.

A little trick before I let you go. From week to week, it may seem like the players are going down in rating and then back up again. They might go up by 2 points in speed at the beginning of the week, and by the end of the week they go back down. This is normal. There are three times during the season when all those little increases add up and remain that way for good. These times are the end of the pre-season, somewhere between weeks 5-8 (it's random) and then again at the end of the season.

So basically, if you are trying to get a player's speed up, and his speed goes up 1 or 2 points each week and then goes back down after the game, you are doing it correctly. He will eventually peak at one of the above times and stay there, trust me.

Ok one more trick. The preseason is the best time to get the most added to your player's ratings. So for the preseason, and the preseason ONLY, you'll want to go crazy with the drills for a specific player/position. Do 3 or 4 Tire Relays a week for running backs for an entire preseason. Risk it, it's early, and the benefits of that speed far outweigh that increased chance of him getting hurt, and if he does, it's the preseason, he'll be back. When the season starts, go back to the regular workout prep. And never, ever mess with the team drills; leave them the same at all times, they should not be touched.

Hope this helps you out, and have fun with the roster.

Again, credit goes to Flipmo23. Haven't tried it yet, but it seems very helpful.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggmanchris
I PMd Flipmo23 and asked him the same thing. This is what he said:

What's up man. Weekly Preps, and I don't know why so many people won't take the time to learn it, changes the game completely and allows you, over the course of a season, 2 seasons, 3 seasons, develop your players how you want. Think your RB can be an inside runner in the future? Build up his strength and break tackle from week to week. Think he's a bit slow? Let's work those ankles and quads.

For starters, you want to use this workout plan as a base:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/...eekly_prep.txt

Use the prep that gives your players the half day off on Friday (there are two preps in on that page). This allows for your players to be rested before the game and thus gets you less injuries.

As far as developing players, if you have a bunch of star wide receivers, then it would only make sense to take a couple of WR drills out of that weekly prep and use those hours to develop the player(s) that you think need it more.

For example, my main man in my franchises has always been Boss Bailey. He was about a 79 overall when I traded for him. The thing with him is that even though his overall is low, he has alot of potential considering he's in the mid 70s in every major category and his speed rating is a 92, amazing for an OLB. Basically, I put in a bunch of drills for strength and tackling for OLBs, and he's now a 90 overall 2 seasons later.

A little trick before I let you go. From week to week, it may seem like the players are going down in rating and then back up again. They might go up by 2 points in speed at the beginning of the week, and by the end of the week they go back down. This is normal. There are three times during the season when all those little increases add up and remain that way for good. These times are the end of the pre-season, somewhere between weeks 5-8 (it's random) and then again at the end of the season.

So basically, if you are trying to get a player's speed up, and his speed goes up 1 or 2 points each week and then goes back down after the game, you are doing it correctly. He will eventually peak at one of the above times and stay there, trust me.

Ok one more trick. The preseason is the best time to get the most added to your player's ratings. So for the preseason, and the preseason ONLY, you'll want to go crazy with the drills for a specific player/position. Do 3 or 4 Tire Relays a week for running backs for an entire preseason. Risk it, it's early, and the benefits of that speed far outweigh that increased chance of him getting hurt, and if he does, it's the preseason, he'll be back. When the season starts, go back to the regular workout prep. And never, ever mess with the team drills; leave them the same at all times, they should not be touched.

Hope this helps you out, and have fun with the roster.

Again, credit goes to Flipmo23. Haven't tried it yet, but it seems very helpful.
thanks, that is really helpful
Old 06-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

But are the cpu teams doing the same? If not, then doesn't it seem like weekly preps that build up your team skills/attributes is a type of "cheat" if the cpu doesn't impliment the same?
Old 06-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #5
Pro

AugustWest71's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
But are the cpu teams doing the same? If not, then doesn't it seem like weekly preps that build up your team skills/attributes is a type of "cheat" if the cpu doesn't impliment the same?
My thoughts exactly. That's why I chose not to use weekly preps. Plus, it seems like a waste of time since the players progress only lasts for that game and then his ratings go back down/up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2006, 07:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have seen teams' ratings go up and down. And also at the end of the year, I have noticed that players regress or improve.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:58 AM   #7
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggmanchris
My thoughts exactly. That's why I chose not to use weekly preps. Plus, it seems like a waste of time since the players progress only lasts for that game and then his ratings go back down/up.
No the other teans do the same, In my season the Texans got this souped up HB & this unbelievable line backer, & the Cowboys got the rawest secondary....
Old 06-07-2006, 03:05 AM   #8
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

From my observations they cpu only seems to use it when you use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »