Home

2K7 on the 360 i wish

This is a discussion on 2K7 on the 360 i wish within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 2K7 on the 360 i wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_secondary
At this point it doesn't matter. We have been very, VERY faithful to 2K sports and their football franchise and since the EA/NFL deal they have given us NOTHING. No details, no inkling that a game is on the way!

Don't get me wrong, I love 2K5 as much as the next guy, I still play it, but 2K sports needs to realize that we need a bone thrown our way.

My only fleeting hope is this. 2K sports is not tied to NFL seasons anymore. If they want to release the best football game ever made, they have all the time in the world to do it. No bugs, no deadlines. The kind of polish in a game that's needed if you don't have the NFL license. No sense in giving the other company ideas by telling us about all the cool new features.

I just hope they have a game that gives someone the feeling that they are involved in a league. Things going on all over the place. Trade rumors, contract disputes, player coach issues, all highlighted in a weekly show, these guys can do it, but they can not compete if they release anything below perfection.
I think you're right here, and unfortunately I think that 2K threw in the towel as soon as they lost the NFL. I honestly don't picture any football game coming from my favorite team ever again.

From a financial sense, it probably isn't going to make sense for them to make a generic football game, and while it sucks for us (especially considering that we can't play ESPN NFL 2K5 on our 360s) I guess them's the breaks.

I'm beyond the point of at this point. I think there's no hope and I'll have to get back into EA's games. Luckily, I haven't been with 2K for that long (only since 2K3) so it shouldn't be as hard of a transition.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 16

...I think there's no hope and I'll have to get back into EA's games.

Then EA has won....And got what they wanted.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #11
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Obviously we have been saying the same things over and over for the last two years.

I wish 2K would just release 2K5 for the 360, just remove the logos and names and see if they make a profit from it. I doubt this would cost them much to produce. And if they were really nice, the would upgrade the graphics for the next gen ... but then it might not make financial sense.

They could use every city in the game because no one can buy a license for that. Make all the names generic and we are set. Just try 2K, I would guess they would make a profit with simple modifications. If all goes well from a profit standpoint, then go all out the following year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactraxx
...I think there's no hope and I'll have to get back into EA's games.

Then EA has won....And got what they wanted.

Ummmm, EA has won, the football battle at least. Look, there aren't any other choices for 11 on 11 football. No matter how much you love the game, I don't think I will be able to play 2k5 until 2010 or what have you.

I think I have to give Madden another fair shot this year. It's been quite a few years but if I want to play football, there is no other choice. NFL license or no NFL license.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »