Home

2K5 Gamer Vs. Madden 06 Gamer...

This is a discussion on 2K5 Gamer Vs. Madden 06 Gamer... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 2K5 Gamer Vs. Madden 06 Gamer...

I tried to have a mature discussion with you guys on this topic and it's not feasible. I don't understand why people on message boards can't post respectfully while also getting their points across. For those of you that have, thank you for the intelligent discussion.

To say, "how old are you?" just baffles me. Why would you ask that..? Am I saying something that you don't like so you try and combat it with my age? I'm in my 20's and don't see how that pertains to the discussion.

You guys also say that people who play Madden don't know anything about the real NFL. I don't even know how to begin responding to this. That statement is so ludicrous I can't even fathom it. I can't respond to it because there is no clear cut answer.

Basically, you are telling me....since I play Madden, that I don't know anything about the real NFL??? Please don't tell me you are that shallow? It can't be....I know you have more sense then to group millions of people into ONE category....

You are saying millions of people who play Madden don't know anything about the real NFL. That is cool if it's your opinion.....

But I don't like to make a habit, or necessarily like people who make a habit of making an assumption of millions of people while only knowing 2-3 of them.

Not that this is of importance, but I live in Jacksonville, die-hard Jags fan, been to every home game since they began their journney in 95. I love the NFL, follow it daily....But since I play Madden, suddenly I don't know anything about the NFL???

You are basically saying that 99% of people who play football video games know nothing about the NFL. Because only 1% makes up the rest of the games out there.

I don't feel it's legit to judge me on what video game I play. I won't even sit here and be like "I know more than anyone about the NFL!!!"

It's not worth it and it's a stupid argument. You don't know everyone who plays Madden, so please don't judge them. If you know a few people who play Madden who don't know much about the NFL, that's fine, but don't put that label on millions of other people because it's just not fair or intelligent...

I could easily say people who play 2k know nothing about the NFL....but I never would since it's a pointless argument..

There are people who play NEITHER game who know more about the NFL than all of us. So don't make poor judgements anymore, it really kills your credibility.

And for the person who didn't know who Reggie Bush was.....that's fine and dandy, but don't blame it on Madden, blame it on your inability or choice not to follow the NFL or college football please.

I gave your game 2 weeks and just didn't see "it."

I thought the passing game was too easy and the running game was normal.

I'm a realistic gamer......I like realism....Just look at my work on MVP 2005. I can't play a game unless it's as realistic as it can be. Madden satisfies that part of me. In a way, 2k did to, just not to the extent Madden did.

And no, I don't smoke crack. Another poor assumption based on the fact that I play Madden. I just don't get why people like you can't post your opinions respectfully. It would make me think much more of your opinions and take them seriously.

So please, PLEASE, start making intelligent discussion on this game, or don't dicsuss it with me at all. I have been more than courteous to you guys. And again, those that have contributed thoughtfully, THANKS!

But for the rest of you, maybe you should be asking yourselves.....how old are you???

Last edited by maddeninyoeye; 06-15-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why are we even having this discussion? Why does this thread exist? The stereotypes advanced by both sides on the 2K5 vs. Madden debate are wrong. I have a friend who loves to play Madden. I'm still into 2K5. We both agree that each other's games are stronger in some areas and weaker in others. We both play different games. He is probably more knowledgable about football than anyone on this forum, and he plays Madden because of the flexibility of the offensive and defensive playcalling system, something I agree that 2K5 cannot compete with.

At the same time, maddeninyoeye, I'm not really sure why you continue to post here. You've pretty much stated that your mind is made up in favor of Madden and you dislike 2K5. Congrats. I'm glad you've made your decision. Do yourself and the rest of us a service and go talk on the Madden forums. Coming here and talking about how Madden is better will not persuade anyone here, especially those like me who have given Madden an extended chance and decided that there are some serious game-breaking glitches (the high pass to a tall jumping receiver being one of them) that make it less fun. I've tried both. I picked 2K5. I don't go on Madden boards trying to convert the unbelievers. You shouldn't either. End of story.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion
Why are we even having this discussion? Why does this thread exist? The stereotypes advanced by both sides on the 2K5 vs. Madden debate are wrong. I have a friend who loves to play Madden. I'm still into 2K5. We both agree that each other's games are stronger in some areas and weaker in others. We both play different games. He is probably more knowledgable about football than anyone on this forum, and he plays Madden because of the flexibility of the offensive and defensive playcalling system, something I agree that 2K5 cannot compete with.

At the same time, maddeninyoeye, I'm not really sure why you continue to post here. You've pretty much stated that your mind is made up in favor of Madden and you dislike 2K5. Congrats. I'm glad you've made your decision. Do yourself and the rest of us a service and go talk on the Madden forums. Coming here and talking about how Madden is better will not persuade anyone here, especially those like me who have given Madden an extended chance and decided that there are some serious game-breaking glitches (the high pass to a tall jumping receiver being one of them) that make it less fun. I've tried both. I picked 2K5. I don't go on Madden boards trying to convert the unbelievers. You shouldn't either. End of story.
I didn't start this topic, I'm contributing to it. And please don't be a hypocrite.

Right after you told me not to try and convince people to like Madden, you gave me a reason that you think 2k is better.

I don't see the "glitch" where tall receivers catch passes in triple coverage. When I double cover a guy, he may catch 1/10 passes. If I triple 0/10. If single coverage, ratings come into play.

That "glitch" is people who played a few times, had a bad experience, and pass it on to everyone who hates Madden.

I appreciate your contribution, but get your facts straight. I'm contributing to a discussion that was made by someone on this board. Don't get upset with me for it. I like to throw in my 2 cents if I think it's valuable to a discussion.

No game will ever be perfect. But if someone makes stupid, inconsiderate assumptions, with no backing, I feel compelled to defend myself.

Is it fair that someone on YOUR board characterized me as a crackhead for posting my opinion?

Is it fair that my age was questioned for posting here?

The answer is obviously NO, and I will continue to contribute thoughtful opinions to this discussion as long as I'm able to.

Thanks for the input!
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddeninyoeye
I didn't start this topic, I'm contributing to it. And please don't be a hypocrite.

Right after you told me not to try and convince people to like Madden, you gave me a reason that you think 2k is better.

I don't see the "glitch" where tall receivers catch passes in triple coverage. When I double cover a guy, he may catch 1/10 passes. If I triple 0/10. If single coverage, ratings come into play.

That "glitch" is people who played a few times, had a bad experience, and pass it on to everyone who hates Madden.

I appreciate your contribution, but get your facts straight. I'm contributing to a discussion that was made by someone on this board. Don't get upset with me for it. I like to throw in my 2 cents if I think it's valuable to a discussion.

No game will ever be perfect. But if someone makes stupid, inconsiderate assumptions, with no backing, I feel compelled to defend myself.

Is it fair that someone on YOUR board characterized me as a crackhead for posting my opinion?

Is it fair that my age was questioned for posting here?

The answer is obviously NO, and I will continue to contribute thoughtful opinions to this discussion as long as I'm able to.

Thanks for the input!
You need to settle down, bro. I obviously disagree with the person who asked your age and called you a crackhead. That's just stupid. I'm also confused as to why you're here. You aren't convincing anyone to switch. This debate is pointless and stupid and should stop.

As to me being a hypocrite, seriously dude, what are you even talking about. I just said the reason that I prefer 2K5 over Madden. I openly admit that Madden does a lot of things well and even better than 2K5. At the same time, if you're denying that the high pass glitch exists, you're an idiot. My friend who plays Madden every day tells me that this is the biggest problem with the current Madden, and that even though there are things you can do about it, like doubling or tripling receivers, it screws up the rest of your D. The other reason I play 2K5 instead of Madden is the fact that Madden cannot get the Cover 2 zone to work right. The safeties cannot play wide zone in Madden and the defense falls apart. Again, my friend who is a big time Madden player agrees with me on this one. Madden has some great features like at the line control of D and O that 2K5 cannot match. I'm not being a hypocrite in any way, shape, or form by stating the reason I prefer 2K5. All I'm saying is that you're convincing no one on the board, and you should probably stop trolling around if you're truly in the Madden camp. Debate threads like this don't contribute to the appreciation of either game, and continuing them is stupid and pointless.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #29
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have a question.

First I should say that I like both games. Both have their strong points. I can enjoy either one.

What's the motive behind threads like this? Do we really feel like a discussion will sway another gamer to pledge allegiance to another game. And if a discussion could do that...why does it really matter?

So, I just wonder, why argue about this...ever?
Old 06-15-2006, 03:36 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav
I have a question.

First I should say that I like both games. Both have their strong points. I can enjoy either one.

What's the motive behind threads like this? Do we really feel like a discussion will sway another gamer to pledge allegiance to another game. And if a discussion could do that...why does it really matter?

My point exactly. I agree that both games have very good feature lists and different strengths. These debate threads need to be ceased so we can have more productive discussions. Just my two cents.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #31
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddeninyoeye
I tried to have a mature discussion with you guys on this topic and it's not feasible. I don't understand why people on message boards can't post respectfully while also getting their points across. For those of you that have, thank you for the intelligent discussion.

To say, "how old are you?" just baffles me. Why would you ask that..? Am I saying something that you don't like so you try and combat it with my age? I'm in my 20's and don't see how that pertains to the discussion.

You guys also say that people who play Madden don't know anything about the real NFL. I don't even know how to begin responding to this. That statement is so ludicrous I can't even fathom it. I can't respond to it because there is no clear cut answer.

Basically, you are telling me....since I play Madden, that I don't know anything about the real NFL??? Please don't tell me you are that shallow? It can't be....I know you have more sense then to group millions of people into ONE category....

You are saying millions of people who play Madden don't know anything about the real NFL. That is cool if it's your opinion.....

But I don't like to make a habit, or necessarily like people who make a habit of making an assumption of millions of people while only knowing 2-3 of them.

Not that this is of importance, but I live in Jacksonville, die-hard Jags fan, been to every home game since they began their journney in 95. I love the NFL, follow it daily....But since I play Madden, suddenly I don't know anything about the NFL???

You are basically saying that 99% of people who play football video games know nothing about the NFL. Because only 1% makes up the rest of the games out there.

I don't feel it's legit to judge me on what video game I play. I won't even sit here and be like "I know more than anyone about the NFL!!!"

It's not worth it and it's a stupid argument. You don't know everyone who plays Madden, so please don't judge them. If you know a few people who play Madden who don't know much about the NFL, that's fine, but don't put that label on millions of other people because it's just not fair or intelligent...

I could easily say people who play 2k know nothing about the NFL....but I never would since it's a pointless argument..

There are people who play NEITHER game who know more about the NFL than all of us. So don't make poor judgements anymore, it really kills your credibility.

And for the person who didn't know who Reggie Bush was.....that's fine and dandy, but don't blame it on Madden, blame it on your inability or choice not to follow the NFL or college football please.

I gave your game 2 weeks and just didn't see "it."

I thought the passing game was too easy and the running game was normal.

I'm a realistic gamer......I like realism....Just look at my work on MVP 2005. I can't play a game unless it's as realistic as it can be. Madden satisfies that part of me. In a way, 2k did to, just not to the extent Madden did.

And no, I don't smoke crack. Another poor assumption based on the fact that I play Madden. I just don't get why people like you can't post your opinions respectfully. It would make me think much more of your opinions and take them seriously.

So please, PLEASE, start making intelligent discussion on this game, or don't dicsuss it with me at all. I have been more than courteous to you guys. And again, those that have contributed thoughtfully, THANKS!

But for the rest of you, maybe you should be asking yourselves.....how old are you???

Sorry to make that assumption. It just that I wonder why ppl who watch the real NFL play Madden. Their could be a number of factors. ie: more confortable, better control scheme, etc. Its just that the reason why 2K has such a cult following is because it was made for those football fans who knew how the game of football is played. To tell the truth, there should be no reason why a 12 year old who more than likely knows nothing about football, has as good of a chance to beat you as a knowledgable football player in Madden. That right there tells me alot about the game design in Madden. It was made for pick up and play.

As I said before, Madden can be played as a sim but there are simply to many exploits that a single player can use to completely kill the enjoyment. There have been so many times where a game will start out great and in the end turn into an all out shootout. Where big plays seem to sprout from out of nowhere. Where clock management is pointless because its very much possible that I can score in as little as 30 seconds. There is just to many to name. More Madden players know them, some avoid using and even more utilize them to the fullest. In 2K, when you get burned on a big play, it feels legit. You ethier called the wrong play or you took a gamble pre snap In.Madden, to many times will I see freak plays. I dont have to name any, we all know them.

Anyway, sorry for the comment. I just know ppl who are'nt on my level when it comes to sports and sports games but they swear up and down that they know what they're talking about. It gets annoying and its the reason why we dont play sports games anymore. I'm not gonna lose a game of Madden even if I played sound defense the entire game but I lose simply because my opponent knows how to use the Truck Stick better than me. Or they take advantage of lob catches. Play me in a game thatdoesnthave exploits, ala 2K and holla back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2006, 03:47 PM   #32
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav
I have a question.

Because most of us are at work and bored and debates are fun. Well that just me. If you dont think threads like this should exsist, why even post? I skip threads all the time that I dont like. We need to kill the peacemakers!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »