Home

offline multi-owner franchise?

This is a discussion on offline multi-owner franchise? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
Rookie

spooon's Arena

OVR: 2
offline multi-owner franchise?

anyone doing this?

I currently got 5 guys doing an offline e-mail franchise league. Pretty much we play our games, save and e-mail to the next person (we all got action replays, well one of us got a hacked memory card + usb cable i guess it help to have guys who like to tinker.

Pretty much like playing the game solo but having other people with inflated stats. Just wondering if anyone else is doing this.

problems so far
-can't play against other VIPs in franchise. (so playing against other VIPs only in quick game?) we have decided on just simming the game.
-4min qtr w/ 4min cpu sim. using rickster v.18 roster and zero sliders. we got owners throwing 500 yards! we are new to this and slowly upping the difficulty from ZERO. I've tried the maxed cpu coverage, passing, running but the cpu tends to cheat with the 360 one handed INTs so we decided to do the zero method instead

anyone else have suggestions to add to the league and make it run smoother? Of course we have edited the schedule to reflect this seasons games and have it setup so we always play in the same sequence per week.

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: offline multi-owner franchise?

sounds cool man, but a little complicated.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooon
anyone doing this?

I currently got 5 guys doing an offline e-mail franchise league. Pretty much we play our games, save and e-mail to the next person (we all got action replays, well one of us got a hacked memory card + usb cable i guess it help to have guys who like to tinker.

Pretty much like playing the game solo but having other people with inflated stats. Just wondering if anyone else is doing this.

problems so far
-can't play against other VIPs in franchise. (so playing against other VIPs only in quick game?) we have decided on just simming the game.
-4min qtr w/ 4min cpu sim. using rickster v.18 roster and zero sliders. we got owners throwing 500 yards! we are new to this and slowly upping the difficulty from ZERO. I've tried the maxed cpu coverage, passing, running but the cpu tends to cheat with the 360 one handed INTs so we decided to do the zero method instead

anyone else have suggestions to add to the league and make it run smoother? Of course we have edited the schedule to reflect this seasons games and have it setup so we always play in the same sequence per week.

thanks
How do you guys do the draft? I really like the idea but you know there are people out there who are gonna cheat with this.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
Rookie

spooon's Arena

for offseason the only owner responsibilities are
-combine and draft
the rest the assistant coach will do. which means

no GM duties, not resigning retiring players....

We are doing this cause this is our first crack at it and just want to play and concentrate on getting solid sliders and stats.

oh, we currently have been running an online league together. we are on going to it's 11th iteration called "hookem11" and close to the playoffs in hookem10

http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/league.php?l=122718

the 5 guys in the league are personal friends and this is KEY because all rules and regulations are self imposed. We allow qb running with no limit, DE control, DE shifting before snap, running up score against CPU.... all sorts of stuff that isn't allowed in our online league.

but the big thing comes down to,
-no owner will restart a game when playing
-no owner will turn down the difficulty for easier scores...

i'm not worried they will, we are only playing agaist cpu for bragging rights and pretty much we would have played "2k7" offline anyways.

combine - team does their scouting for the day of 9 hrs, saves and send to next guy. rinse and repeat
Draft - person drafts their player within 3 min, saves and sends by e-mail
Old 07-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooon
for offseason the only owner responsibilities are
-combine and draft
the rest the assistant coach will do. which means

no GM duties, not resigning retiring players....

We are doing this cause this is our first crack at it and just want to play and concentrate on getting solid sliders and stats.

oh, we currently have been running an online league together. we are on going to it's 11th iteration called "hookem11" and close to the playoffs in hookem10

http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/league.php?l=122718

the 5 guys in the league are personal friends and this is KEY because all rules and regulations are self imposed. We allow qb running with no limit, DE control, DE shifting before snap, running up score against CPU.... all sorts of stuff that isn't allowed in our online league.

but the big thing comes down to,
-no owner will restart a game when playing
-no owner will turn down the difficulty for easier scores...

i'm not worried they will, we are only playing agaist cpu for bragging rights and pretty much we would have played "2k7" offline anyways.

combine - team does their scouting for the day of 9 hrs, saves and send to next guy. rinse and repeat
Draft - person drafts their player within 3 min, saves and sends by e-mail
Now that is hardcore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

me n my brother have been on this since lasy year...

but we play on 7-mintue quaters..sim lenght 5-mins

the only thing i hate is the guy passes all day with the rams and puts up 400+yards almost every game..

i just wish the slant routes to the outside wasn't money with a high rated wr&qb....i wish the passing was like 2k4 where the you can try any passing route and the cpu recognize over used plays and beat you.....some pass routes in 2k5 are not to be tried.

this happened when they removed the balance...they maximized slant routes and minimized other routes success!!!...everything was the same balance..then u factor in corner back speed,coverage,stamina at the time,consistency,and jumping+aggression vs wr speed,route running,stamina at the time,catching,consistency and aggression

2k4 was a more balanced passing game..
Old 07-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #7
Rookie

spooon's Arena

we are doing 4min qtr, 4min cpu sim. we are considering 5min cpu cause this one fool runs like 3 times and passing 95% so he gets like 500 yards passing with carr. trying to tweak the sliders so this bastard doesn't pass all day. going from zero, we have a couple more iterations to go.

2k4 was dreamcast right? that was the one that youd could dive tackle like 5yards aways and there was no break away speed, you had to time the hurddle so guys from behind missed your legs.

but that game was good. manual catching and screen passes
Old 07-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

peep my sliders in the thread below titled

:this game is still amazing:

one rule me n my brother use is

1.no trading for draft picks.
2.only 1 big name trade per year..

if not the fool will have..dre bly,champ bailey,samari roll,tory holt,micheal vick,issac bruce,brian urlacher,faulk all on his team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »