Home

Gang Tackling Question.......

This is a discussion on Gang Tackling Question....... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Gang Tackling Question.......

I know nfl 2k5 definitely has gang tackling and this is what makes it such a great overall football game. I always wondered if madden 06 had gang tackling and if 07 will have gang tackling. i havent played a madden game since 04. Anyone know?.....thanks dudes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Gang Tackling Question.......

I would guess Madden can't have gang tackling with that game engine. They'd have to build an all-new, all-NEW game engine. In other words, actually build that new engine they said they built but didn't obviously.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Yea I dont see how EA said they built a new engine but it has tha same flaws and animations its had since 2001. I think they meant they built an all new "graphics" engine, because the gameplay engine appears to be exactly the same minus the fluidity of the current gen.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I think they meant they built an all new "graphics" engine, because the gameplay engine appears to be exactly the same minus the fluidity of the current gen.
Exactly. Or simply recoded and tweaked the old engine to run on the 360, and therefore "built" a new engine.

Am I the only one who thinks Madden's engine and game play amounts to little more than a series of pre-scripted animations, whereas 2K player interaction is a result of real-time physics and actual collision detection? I'd like to hear how all that works in both games. That's why I believe it's probably impossible for EA to ever have gang tackling with this engine. That's my guess anyway.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Exactly. Or simply recoded and tweaked the old engine to run on the 360, and therefore "built" a new engine.

Am I the only one who thinks Madden's engine and game play amounts to little more than a series of pre-scripted animations, whereas 2K player interaction is a result of real-time physics and actual collision detection? I'd like to hear how all that works in both games. That's why I believe it's probably impossible for EA to ever have gang tackling with this engine. That's my guess anyway.
see this is why I despise EA's business plan... did they not give the impression that due to the rebuilting of there so called engine... that current gen options would be missing... so all they're really doing is holding out options as ransom for the annual donation... that just low... really low....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #6
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Yes, I play Madden regularly (against friends who refuse to play 2K5), & NO it has NO GANG TACKLING!!!! NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 06:09 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
see this is why I despise EA's business plan... did they not give the impression that due to the rebuilting of there so called engine... that current gen options would be missing... so all they're really doing is holding out options as ransom for the annual donation... that just low... really low....
Nothing that I didn't point out to the Madden players last November. They of course accused me of EA bashing.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7

I agree with this 100%. just about of all the player interactions feel scripted. there are a few that flow well, like the tackle from behind where the defender rides the ball carier to the ground. but Momentum, player position, curent animation, physics seem to have little to do with the player interactions.
Their attempt at gang tackling a few years ago was also a scripted animation that was triggered when two side by side defenders met the ball carrier at the same time. my guess also is their curent gameplay engine can not handle complex player interactions not just gang tackling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »