Home

Moving coaches?

This is a discussion on Moving coaches? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Moving coaches?

I was using a hex editor to try to move coaches from one team to another through the roster file and I am not getting any positive results. There are several clearly placed naming points at the bottom of the roster and franchise DAT files but I can't seem to find any clear definitive way to move a coach to a different team either than in game during an exhibition.

Has anyone else tried other than Finn? I really wanted to move herman edwards to the chiefs and use the chiefs this season. Though I'm a giants fan, I really liked herm and would be highly enthused if the possiblity existed to change coaches. I would probably also move Martz to the lions.

Was wondering if there was a way to get the game to point to a different coach when you pick a team or is it hardcoded that this team uses this playbook and this coach, where you can only change through in game exhibition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Moving coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Was wondering if there was a way to get the game to point to a different coach when you pick a team or is it hardcoded that this team uses this playbook and this coach, where you can only change through in game exhibition.
It's hard-coded, and you can only change coaches in quick game mode.

But you can pick any playbook you like. Likewise, you can control all teams in season mode, and switch the CPU's playbook to any playbook you like. And IMO that's all you need. You want the Chiefs to play like the Edward's-led Chiefs would play, and you want other teams to play as they would with their current coaches calling the game. Does it matter if the actual coaches-on-the-sideline don't look like their NFL counterparts?

Last edited by baa7; 07-30-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Moving coaches?

I get what your saying, but it definitely would have boosted the ambiance of the game to at least allow us to play musical chairs with the coaches. With Martz at Detroit, Capers and Mularkey at Miami, it would have been a great way to enlighten the game and keep it fresh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »