Home

1up.com Rumor

This is a discussion on 1up.com Rumor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: 1up.com Rumor

It will be football not futbol. And it will be truly next gen if it gets out of the gate.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #10
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

im really hoping this rumor is true...would love a 2k football game, hell I'd be happy if 2k5 was BC with 360 right now. Haven't player football since 2k5
Old 08-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #11
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
I suggest everyone who is interested in the 2K Football series needs to listen to the 8/4/06 podcast.

In the beginning of the podcast they talked about a playable version of Madden 07. Well they followed that up with what could be what we have been waiting to hear.

They talked about how Madden next year will face tougher competition with Blitz 2008 and what the Managing Editor said the "Secretive Football Game" from 2K Sports.

Lets hope his fly on the wall is correct.
Do you have a link or something? I just downloaded and watched the whole podcast and nothing about madden was said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #12
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Oh, my bad. I downloaded the wrong thing. I downloaded the show instead of the podcast.

I just heard it. This is great news. I'm not a diehard 2k fan, but I do realize since 2k went away madden has went into the toilet. This can only help. Competition is a good thing and now I'll have a choice.

BTW- the guy on the podcast sounded as if it were fact and not just a rumor.

Here is a link for all:
http://1upyours.1up.com/

Last edited by splff3000; 08-05-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

I have a theory for the delay of 2K Sports Football. Anyone remember Bill Gates demoing Live Anywhere (I think that's what they called it). It gives you the ability to download and modify game assests i.e. cars, logos etc. Forza2 is a prime example.

How about VC using this technology whereby you can move game assests like Stadiums, ini's etc. make your changes on your PC and post them on XBL or another site so you can load them into your generic Football game.

So after you complete the changes you now have all the correct teams, uni's, rosters, stadiums, schedules etc. I could see this happening especially with all the talented people out there.

I also would not be surprised to see this game show up on the PC as well.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #14
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

HOT DAWG I"M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will enjoy madden this year.Next year we will see!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 05:23 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
I have a theory for the delay of 2K Sports Football. Anyone remember Bill Gates demoing Live Anywhere (I think that's what they called it). It gives you the ability to download and modify game assests i.e. cars, logos etc. Forza2 is a prime example.

How about VC using this technology whereby you can move game assests like Stadiums, ini's etc. make your changes on your PC and post them on XBL or another site so you can load them into your generic Football game.

So after you complete the changes you now have all the correct teams, uni's, rosters, stadiums, schedules etc. I could see this happening especially with all the talented people out there.

I also would not be surprised to see this game show up on the PC as well.
LOL....people are creative to say the least. BTW.....any of these created NFL logo, stadiums, and players could not be used thru xbox live BTW. That would be a violation of EA's deal. 2k or MS couldnt allow any roster with NFL players, Team Likeness, or stadium likeness to be used on xbox live service.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #16
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

wouldn't have to be used on XBL, just let someone mod it like they do Winning Eleven each year, and just post it in a forum....

Using the transfer kit and there you go....NFL 2k7, 2k8, etc etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »