Home

Long term deal?

This is a discussion on Long term deal? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Long term deal?

Is it true that I will have to wait longer for a 2k NFL game? I've been hearing that EA has inked a longer exclusive deal with the NFL. This whole situation has caused such a sick feeling in my stomach that I'm going back to school for video game design. There's got to be a way to revive this franchise without the NFL behind it.

How stupid is EA anyway, they put an ESPN announcer in a cheesy NFL coach game but don't put any in NCAA or Madden 07. How about a friggin half time show recapping the highlights, that was the best thing ever in any football game period.

I'm so distraught. Time to drink another beer.

Last edited by Emmitt 22; 08-08-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 01:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Long term deal?

An NFL Couch game? Wow, that gives the term armchair quarterback so much more meaning.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:03 AM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

EA signed a deal I believe with ESPN for 15 years, while the NFL one is up in three.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt 22
How stupid is EA anyway, they put ESPN announcer in a cheesy NFL couch game but don't put any in NCAA or Madden 07. How about a friggin half time show recapping the highlights, that was the best thing ever in any football game period.
Really so im guessing Lee Corso,Kirk Herbstreit, and Brad Nessler all work for Nickelodeon....because last I checked they were announcers in NCAA 07 AND they work for ESPN ...would you look at that
Old 08-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
EA signed a deal I believe with ESPN for 15 years, while the NFL one is up in three.
Cool, you answered my question. Who cares about ESPN anyway. My point is that they don't utilize ESPN like they should. Those announcers may work for ESPN but they don't have them doing pre-game shows, half-time shows, or on-field interviews. Very little presentation for the money they've spent on the deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Is it true that I will have to wait longer for a 2k NFL game? I've been hearing that EA has inked a longer exclusive deal with the NFL. This whole situation has caused such a sick feeling in my stomach that I'm going back to school for video game design. There's got to be a way to revive this franchise without the NFL behind it.

How stupid is EA anyway, they put an ESPN announcer in a cheesy NFL coach game but don't put any in NCAA or Madden 07. How about a friggin half time show recapping the highlights, that was the best thing ever in any football game period.

I'm so distraught. Time to drink another beer.
Screw video football. This post is an obvious cry for help. Here: best of luck, and god bless:

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/...rmation_aa.cfm
Old 08-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Is it true that I will have to wait longer for a 2k NFL game? I've been hearing that EA has inked a longer exclusive deal with the NFL.
You mean longer deal as in recently renegotiated and lengthened? Haven't heard that. Regardless, many people will tell you it probably makes no difference anyway. The NFL will quite probably simply renew EA's deal when it runs out.

Gentlemen, start your guzzling.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You mean longer deal as in recently renegotiated and lengthened? Haven't heard that. Regardless, many people will tell you it probably makes no difference anyway. The NFL will quite probably simply renew EA's deal when it runs out.
Unfortunately, I think that you maybe right on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »