Home

VC needs to do the Legends game after all

This is a discussion on VC needs to do the Legends game after all within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
VC needs to do the Legends game after all

We all heard the rumor about the VC Legends game. And I also heard a rumor (or maybe wishful thinking) that VC should do a game where the Legends would be Captains of the various teams.

Here are the legends EA has locked up according to IGN:

http://sports.ign.com/articles/723/723224p1.html

But it looks like there are still plenty of guys left. And, to be honest, many would be more recognizable to your average 30-year old gamer (+/- 5-10 yrs for guys like me at 33) than Benny Friedman, Bill Dudley, and George Blanda.

How about guys recently retired with who we all still remember playing and who we still think of as big names: Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Michael Irving, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Howie Long, etc?

Put some of those guys on the cover, put each as a playable captain on a team with a bunch of nobodies, line up a sponsor like UA or others that have been discussed, and you have a game. Maybe those big names are cost prohibitive--I don't know. In which case, sign Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, and Tim Couch and call it Football Busts 2k7 (J/K).

Seriously, even without the edits (which better be in to make sure you can get even more people involved and interested), I'd buy this game. Heck, I bought Joe Montana Sports Talk Football and I'd definitely by Legends Football 2K7 if it were on the shelf right now.

Last edited by renojedi; 08-08-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cool Re: VC needs to do the Legends game after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
We all heard the rumor about the VC Legends game. And I also heard a rumor (or maybe wishful thinking) that VC should do a game where the Legends would be Captains of the various teams.

Here are the legends EA has locked up according to IGN:

http://sports.ign.com/articles/723/723224p1.html

But it looks like there are still plenty of guys left. And, to be honest, many would be more recognizable to your average 30-year old gamer (+/- 5-10 yrs for guys like me at 33) than Benny Friedman, Bill Dudley, and George Blanda.

How about guys recently retired with who we all still remember playing and who we still think of as big names: Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Michael Irving, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Howie Long, etc?Homie I Got a even better idea.

Put some of those guys on the cover, put each as a playable captain on a team with a bunch of nobodies, line up a sponsor like UA or others that have been discussed, and you have a game. Maybe those big names are cost prohibitive--I don't know. In which case, sign Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, and Tim Couch and call it Football Busts 2k7 (J/K).

Seriously, even without the edits (which better be in to make sure you can get even more people involved and interested), I'd buy this game. Heck, I bought Joe Montana Sports Talk Football and I'd definitely by Legends Football 2K7 if it were on the shelf right now.
Homie I gotta even better idea.Lets call it Maurice Claretts "Gangster Football"
Old 06-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: VC needs to do the Legends game after all

Reno, you were right on back in August of 06.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »