Home

I need help!

This is a discussion on I need help! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
I need help!

I just bought an action replay, I have downloaded it on my pc. I have also downloaded finns editor. But when I read finns instructions in regards to getting a nfl2k5 action replay zip file, I am stuck. How do I do that?

Mods if this is the wrong place for this I apologize. Move it if so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Rookie

smokedog's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
I just bought an action replay, I have downloaded it on my pc. I have also downloaded finns editor. But when I read finns instructions in regards to getting a nfl2k5 action replay zip file, I am stuck. How do I do that?

Mods if this is the wrong place for this I apologize. Move it if so.
This was posted by nickel package on the 2k5 website. I followed it to a tee on my x-box and it worked for me.

nickle_package

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:15 pm Post subject:

How to Download Rosters/ Schedules

After you download the .zip file from the 2K5 website, save it to your computer, then drag the .zip file to the Action Replay screen, it should then load onto the memory card. Load it up on the XBOX, and you should have the rosters on the memory card, load that up, and check it out.
Also, to start a Franchise with the new rosters, and a new schedule: After loading the rosters onto your XBOX (Make sure they're loaded, check the Roster Manager, and see if everyones there), start a Franchise, set it up the way you like, except turn Pre-Season games OFF for now. It should then start up a Franchise with your team and the new rosters, but with the old schedule. Save your Franchise onto your memory card. Then plug it into the Action Replay USB thing, and open up the program, it should have a ESPN NFL 2K5 folder on the memory card side, double click on that, it should have a Franchise save in it, drag and drop it into the middle window in AR, I think it's called PC Database. Open up the folder where that is, I think it might be something like: C:/Program Files/Datel/Action Replay/Saves/ESPNNFL2K5_Franchise.zip . Copy that file into a folder that's easier to find it, then open up Flying Finns editor (it should be the newest version, I think he just released it, he worked out all the bugs. Version 1.255 or later) and then load your franchise .zip file. after it loads, there should be a tab near the top, below the load/save buttons, but above the window that shows the teams and stuff. The tab should say 2004 Schedule, click on the tab, then near the bottom of the window, there should be three buttons, Load Schedule - Export Schedule - Restore Schedule. Click on load schedule, it should open up a browse window, but it should automatically bring you to the place you need to be, load up either 2005-06 schedule, or 2005-06 SaintsALLAWAY schedule. After you load it up, click the save button, and then open up Action Replay again, right click the ESPN NFL 2K5 folder in the memory card side and delete (you don't have to do this, but I find it makes it easier to find which file is which), after it's deleted, drag the Franchise.zip you just save, over to the memory card side, and voila, fire it up on the XBOX, and you should be all set!
P.S. Don't feel bad or embarrassed about this, I had a hard time figuring out, what am I supposed to do with this .zip file?!?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedog
This was posted by nickel package on the 2k5 website. I followed it to a tee on my x-box and it worked for me.

nickle_package

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:15 pm Post subject:

How to Download Rosters/ Schedules

After you download the .zip file from the 2K5 website, save it to your computer, then drag the .zip file to the Action Replay screen, it should then load onto the memory card. Load it up on the XBOX, and you should have the rosters on the memory card, load that up, and check it out.
Also, to start a Franchise with the new rosters, and a new schedule: After loading the rosters onto your XBOX (Make sure they're loaded, check the Roster Manager, and see if everyones there), start a Franchise, set it up the way you like, except turn Pre-Season games OFF for now. It should then start up a Franchise with your team and the new rosters, but with the old schedule. Save your Franchise onto your memory card. Then plug it into the Action Replay USB thing, and open up the program, it should have a ESPN NFL 2K5 folder on the memory card side, double click on that, it should have a Franchise save in it, drag and drop it into the middle window in AR, I think it's called PC Database. Open up the folder where that is, I think it might be something like: C:/Program Files/Datel/Action Replay/Saves/ESPNNFL2K5_Franchise.zip . Copy that file into a folder that's easier to find it, then open up Flying Finns editor (it should be the newest version, I think he just released it, he worked out all the bugs. Version 1.255 or later) and then load your franchise .zip file. after it loads, there should be a tab near the top, below the load/save buttons, but above the window that shows the teams and stuff. The tab should say 2004 Schedule, click on the tab, then near the bottom of the window, there should be three buttons, Load Schedule - Export Schedule - Restore Schedule. Click on load schedule, it should open up a browse window, but it should automatically bring you to the place you need to be, load up either 2005-06 schedule, or 2005-06 SaintsALLAWAY schedule. After you load it up, click the save button, and then open up Action Replay again, right click the ESPN NFL 2K5 folder in the memory card side and delete (you don't have to do this, but I find it makes it easier to find which file is which), after it's deleted, drag the Franchise.zip you just save, over to the memory card side, and voila, fire it up on the XBOX, and you should be all set!
P.S. Don't feel bad or embarrassed about this, I had a hard time figuring out, what am I supposed to do with this .zip file?!?

Thanks alot Smokedog!
Old 08-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

smokedog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Thanks alot Smokedog!
Your welcome but nikel package posted this on the 2k5 forumns for nfl 2k5 not here in operation sports.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
Rookie

smokedog's Arena

Novastar if you got the above to work download this franchise file for x-box, not from me but again from the 2k5 forumn website

Rookie

dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies)

Hey everyone, here is my "franchise2k6" file. It uses my "roster2k6" file.

Features -

- 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are already included and can be seen in the Draft Class option in Finn's editor as well as in-game in the rookie scouting option that appears after Week 7
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class have been globally edited (my setup can be seen in the "roster2k6" topic) while the generated rookies are as is
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are listed below along with their overall rating and are projected first and second round draft picks
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class were created in the Draft Class option in Finn's editor, version .280
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are accurate in terms of personal information such as height, weight, date of birth, etc.
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are 50/50 in terms of being accurate to player equipment. I used photos for the majority of players by searching on Yahoo
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are also 50/50 in terms of skin tone and face type. You wont see a black player white or vice versa but the faces may be "off" but there's nothing that can really be done about it except trying to select the closest skin tone and face possible to match the actual player
- No FB, K and P were created (sorry)
- The entire Draft Class has had their photo's removed
- The entire Draft Class has had their body type adjusted (my setup can be seen in the "roster2k6" topic)
- All 32 teams are "user" controlled
- 2005 NFL Schedule has already been loaded in-file (the KC/MIA game from Week 7 has also been changed to a Friday night matchup)
- All Saints "home" games are still played in the Superdome
- Auto substitutions have been preset (5% in / 5% out)
- Injury status has also been preset (healthy)
- Substitutions for 2 teams have also been preset and are posted below
- All 32 teams are under the salary cap

Notes -

- Some "generated" rookies may actually be better then the "real" rookies so you may want to adjust those players.
- The "edit rookies" option is turned off in-game as a "heads up". It's not advised to edit any rookies in-game. Any editing that you may want to do should be done in Finn's editor before any games have been played or simulated. This is strongly recommended as I dont know what will happen if editing is done in-game. I have noticed that when editing in Finn's editor and then editing in-game seems to screw things up and vice versa. In other words, its better to do your editing one way or the other, not both.
- I have tested out the franchise file by simulating the 2005 season week by week and going through the off-season period by period. I also went through the free agent wire, scouting combine and the NFL Draft itself. There were no freezing or lock-up issues at any time. I was able to start the 2006 season without any problems. Please be advised that if you simulate the NFL Draft, there is a slight "pause" at times but dont be alarmed as its just the disc spinning and loading the list of players being drafted.
- I have not tested out playing the actual games themselves but im going to be playing an Eagles franchise starting tomorrow (Monday) and should finish the season within 2 to 3 days. If I encounter any problems whatsoever, I will post them here to let everyone know and be aware of what they are.
- I have not tested out importing and/or exporting the Draft Class.
- The options that my franchise are set on will be posted below.

As always, a HUGE thanks to Finn for making all this possible. He truly is a GOD. Thanks, Finn.

Also, feedback is wanted whether its positive or negative. Thanks.
Attached Files
ESPNNFL2K5_franchise2.zip (256.5 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by dan77733 : 03-14-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedog
Novastar if you got the above to work download this franchise file for x-box, not from me but again from the 2k5 forumn website

Rookie

dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies)

Hey everyone, here is my "franchise2k6" file. It uses my "roster2k6" file.

Features -

- 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are already included and can be seen in the Draft Class option in Finn's editor as well as in-game in the rookie scouting option that appears after Week 7
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class have been globally edited (my setup can be seen in the "roster2k6" topic) while the generated rookies are as is
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are listed below along with their overall rating and are projected first and second round draft picks
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class were created in the Draft Class option in Finn's editor, version .280
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are accurate in terms of personal information such as height, weight, date of birth, etc.
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are 50/50 in terms of being accurate to player equipment. I used photos for the majority of players by searching on Yahoo
- All 50 rookies from the 2006 Draft Class are also 50/50 in terms of skin tone and face type. You wont see a black player white or vice versa but the faces may be "off" but there's nothing that can really be done about it except trying to select the closest skin tone and face possible to match the actual player
- No FB, K and P were created (sorry)
- The entire Draft Class has had their photo's removed
- The entire Draft Class has had their body type adjusted (my setup can be seen in the "roster2k6" topic)
- All 32 teams are "user" controlled
- 2005 NFL Schedule has already been loaded in-file (the KC/MIA game from Week 7 has also been changed to a Friday night matchup)
- All Saints "home" games are still played in the Superdome
- Auto substitutions have been preset (5% in / 5% out)
- Injury status has also been preset (healthy)
- Substitutions for 2 teams have also been preset and are posted below
- All 32 teams are under the salary cap

Notes -

- Some "generated" rookies may actually be better then the "real" rookies so you may want to adjust those players.
- The "edit rookies" option is turned off in-game as a "heads up". It's not advised to edit any rookies in-game. Any editing that you may want to do should be done in Finn's editor before any games have been played or simulated. This is strongly recommended as I dont know what will happen if editing is done in-game. I have noticed that when editing in Finn's editor and then editing in-game seems to screw things up and vice versa. In other words, its better to do your editing one way or the other, not both.
- I have tested out the franchise file by simulating the 2005 season week by week and going through the off-season period by period. I also went through the free agent wire, scouting combine and the NFL Draft itself. There were no freezing or lock-up issues at any time. I was able to start the 2006 season without any problems. Please be advised that if you simulate the NFL Draft, there is a slight "pause" at times but dont be alarmed as its just the disc spinning and loading the list of players being drafted.
- I have not tested out playing the actual games themselves but im going to be playing an Eagles franchise starting tomorrow (Monday) and should finish the season within 2 to 3 days. If I encounter any problems whatsoever, I will post them here to let everyone know and be aware of what they are.
- I have not tested out importing and/or exporting the Draft Class.
- The options that my franchise are set on will be posted below.

As always, a HUGE thanks to Finn for making all this possible. He truly is a GOD. Thanks, Finn.

Also, feedback is wanted whether its positive or negative. Thanks.
Attached Files
ESPNNFL2K5_franchise2.zip (256.5 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by dan77733 : 03-14-2006 at 10:52 PM.

Will give it a shot, thanks again for your help Smokedog.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »