Home

2K Forums - Cryptic Announcement on Tuesday

This is a discussion on 2K Forums - Cryptic Announcement on Tuesday within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 12:34 AM   #17
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2K Forums - Cryptic Announcement on Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Yeah but IMO its a ploy

Those forums were dead until they made up this PFL thing. 2k is very smart, get people very excited for a generic game, by talking about team names. Then finally announce it.

The PFL is a..."Lets get excited about 2k football"

In my opinion ofcourse
Exicted for what? If they have no product to sell, then why would they care if the forums go dead? What would they have to gain by getting people excited if they have no product?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:19 AM   #18
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Exicted for what? If they have no product to sell, then why would they care if the forums go dead? What would they have to gain by getting people excited if they have no product?

I agree with this... I've been a regular at the 2K forums... and IMO for Blue or any 2K MOD to do something like this is unprecedented.... and highly unusual... I mean if the MOD's intent was to raise forum activity... there are numerous ways to go about it other than a thread about a fictional football game.... It just hits to close to home to be a ploy.... what's the point...

PS... I just hope that they don't take some of the winning names to heart.... the Green Bay "FREEZE"... how atrocious....!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 02:24 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Green Bay Gouda would have been much worse. I can live with Freeze compared to that. I'd think these names are "standard" for the fictional league, so you can just pop the disk in and play, but very likely that you can go and change them as you please.

It would be nice to have a list of team names and logos to choose from, and I'd create the Green Bay Pack (with a wolf type logo) given the chance over Freeze.

As a Miami fan, I have to say that Hammerheads is a great name.

Man, I really hope there is a game behind all this, it's hard not to get excited about playing a new 2K football game.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:46 AM   #20
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams

I agree with this... I've been a regular at the 2K forums... and IMO for Blue or any 2K MOD to do something like this is unprecedented.... and highly unusual... I mean if the MOD's intent was to raise forum activity... there are numerous ways to go about it other than a thread about a fictional football game.... It just hits to close to home to be a ploy.... what's the point...

PS... I just hope that they don't take some of the winning names to heart.... the Green Bay "FREEZE"... how atrocious....!!!
Just so everyone knows, I used to be a moderator there, and believe me when I say that every other moderator/administrator there that is not a direct 2K employee is in the dark about any news that may concern a possible new 2K football game.

So, that means that... if Blue Lightning knows what the secret is, then it's not an announcement for a new football game. If he still has yet to know (but just knows that there will be an announcement), then it at least has the possibility to be a new football game.

But the Admin was really lipped tight about ESPN NFL 2K5's release date when I was a mod there. We didn't know before anyone else. Our only advantage was to get a few games for free, I guess.

I don't quite associate with the moderation group there, anymore. So, I couldn't even probably begin to ask BL whether he knows what the announcement is (to some extent).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-14-2006, 03:33 AM   #21
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I feel Tuesday will be a day that will bring more confusion.

Unless that is, 2K5 is going BC. But wouldn't MS have to annouce it before they could?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #22
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

my guess...

a new game is on the way...current gen (but is BC for next-geneers)

much of the code is 2k5 (meaning not many new things since 2k5)

player/team editor included..."your game, your choice" mantra

i hope the bread/butter is in the editor programs...maybe they found a way/designed a way to easily import team colors/logos into the game making
a near-NFL game (still don't think it will be exact (stadiums will be generic)
Old 08-14-2006, 06:16 AM   #23
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
PFL Fantasy Football!!!
gah they better not! but then im prepared for whatever they announce...
Old 08-14-2006, 06:22 AM   #24
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams

Just so everyone knows, I used to be a moderator there, and believe me when I say that every other moderator/administrator there that is not a direct 2K employee is in the dark about any news that may concern a possible new 2K football game.
well elprez, you and the mod say they know nothing... I understand that, but what they know or don't... really has little to do with the impetus behind starting such a thread...?!? I just don't think Blue did this while falling out of bed.... the obvious ensuing scuttlebutt of such a thread had to be premeditated... Blue doesn't even frequent that section....
Quote:
So, that means that... if Blue Lightning knows what the secret is, then it's not an announcement for a new football game. If he still has yet to know (but just knows that there will be an announcement), then it at least has the possibility to be a new football game.
I repeat whether he knows or not is irrelevant... he's still only going to disseminate procribed info.... so for now I'm satisfied that next yr I'll have a new (PS3) console and a new 2Kfootball game to play....

Quote:
But the Admin was really lipped tight about ESPN NFL 2K5's release date when I was a mod there. We didn't know before anyone else. Our only advantage was to get a few games for free, I guess.

I don't quite associate with the moderation group there, anymore. So, I couldn't even probably begin to ask BL whether he knows what the announcement is (to some extent).
Blzer... when EA took the NFL away from every1... there was 3months when the whole NFL2K5 discussion section could've been shut down... every1 expected it would be... what reason was there to keep it open... but all the sudden they change the section heading too "NFL2Kx"... now I don't know about any1 else but that to me said they were coming back.... so I've never been worried...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »