Home

Old 08-14-2006, 07:28 AM   #1
Rookie

Malignant's Arena

OVR: 7
Question NFL 2K3

I have both NFL 2K4 and NFL 2K5 and enjoy both of them very much. I was just wondering if it was worth purchasing NFL 2K3 as well?

How different is it to the others?

Does the gameplay suffer with no gang tackling?

Who does the commentary? Is it the same duo?

I've read that the weekly round-up is done by Sportscenter's Dan Patrick, is it any good?

The Draft is great on 2K4 but poor on 2K5 (due to the 1st round bug) how does 2K3 compare?

Basically if there's anything else (positive or negative) about NFL 2K3 you want to share then that would be great too.

Any help would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NFL 2K3

the 5 yard super dive for tackling is a bummer

at times players will "skate" around the field vs moving more natural like 2k4/5

floaty passing
Old 08-14-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malignant
I have both NFL 2K4 and NFL 2K5 and enjoy both of them very much. I was just wondering if it was worth purchasing NFL 2K3 as well?

How different is it to the others?
NFL 2K3 differs in too many ways gameplay-wise, and they certainly aren't for the better:

- Superhuman leaps and dives

- Floaty passing

- No gang-tackling

- Terrible O-Line blockage (they don't give you a pocket, but a straight wall in front of you instead)

- Shoulder-charge is a rather poorly implemented feature in this game
- Running game equals poopoo

- 32-directional running (no momentum, no angled cuts... nada!)

- ESPN NFL Football began "The Charge", where player animations would accurately portray all the hard-hitting tackles, double teams, and sideline catches that NFL 2K3 did not include. NFL 2K3 also didn't feature right-thumbstick juking.

- Radial playcalling system. ESPN NFL Football also began unique playbooks, broadened them, and went to the 3-box style

- Challenges were a NO

That's just a few things that affect the overall gameplay package. I could definitely think of more, but that's just a few that came off of the top of my head. Plus the fact that the presentation wasn't like its successors have, nor were graphics/player models top-notch. No first-person football, no crib, and online play has been shut down. Their first year with ESPN wasn't their prettiest looking, let me say that much.

I'd say save your $1.99 and about 48 minutes of your life and not pick this up.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Malignant's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'd say save your $1.99 and about 48 minutes of your life and not pick this up.
More like £9.99 ($18.98), everything is expensive in this country.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

uh oh.....i have a feeling Dan773 is gonna come in here and tell u some great things about 2k3. It was his favorite of all of them. While blzer makes it sound pretty bad, phil will make it sound very good. Stay tune for his reponse....latez dude.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

My .02 ,, I couldnt see much enjoyment in playing 2k3 after you have played 2k4 - 2k5. The hype of the PFL game may be getting to you. I would sit and wait.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
uh oh.....i have a feeling Dan773 is gonna come in here and tell u some great things about 2k3. It was his favorite of all of them. While blzer makes it sound pretty bad, phil will make it sound very good. Stay tune for his reponse....latez dude.

He sure is into his beloved 2K3 and maybe justly so it is playable in alot of ways and is the only 2K game in the series that lets you use NCAA 2K3 College Football to port players...both products of "Sega Sports" at its time and both not so bad for its time and day with simplistic sliders and decent gameplay IMO and that still can hold its own when it comes to playing on the old "Gridiron"!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Old 08-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

If it's dirt cheap, then I would DEFINITELY buy 2K3. It is very fun. It has a great inside run game. You can run for 3-5 yards a carry. I ran my offense entirely out of Quads and I loved it. It's harder to complete passes, but it's still a good game.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »