Home

Most popular football forum on OS

This is a discussion on Most popular football forum on OS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Most popular football forum on OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
It's called the vocal minority. If you polled every single member of the OS Community, including those who don't post, I'm willing to bet that you'll find more people who like Madden as opposed to the 2K series.
A good point. Would you agree that this vocal minority has made OS an uncomfortable place for the average Madden fan, hence the silent majority's reluctance to post? I say that because it seems like every new thread in the Madden forum gets hijacked at some point by one or more disgruntled 2kers. That's not something the 2k crowd has to worry about in this forum, you rarely if ever see posts ripping the 2k series.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #18
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Wasn't that done a while ago? I remember 2K having more votes than Madden.
thank you...

and that very poll is on the 2K forums now...
Old 08-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
My statement is directed at your point about 2K fans "having no place to go".... My argument is that 2K fans are more mature... the very fact that 2K5 customers are still find the game more than satisfactory by virtue of the modding... illustrates a mentality diff. (not better) than that of madden.... we don't need 10 other sites for 2K cheerleading....
You can't really argue that 2K fans are 'more' mature. True, there are some younger Madden fans out there. I've seen them. But there are a lot of adult Madden fans, like a few on these forums. You will find maybe the younger Madden fans at Maddenmania or whatever the sites are called. (haven't visited one of them in a while) You will find more mature discusions about the upcoming games here at the OS forums.

I'm a 2K fan but I just don't think your statement holds any water. Theres immature Madden fans and immature 2K fans.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #20
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
My statement is directed at your point about 2K fans "having no place to go".... My argument is that 2K fans are more mature... the very fact that 2K5 customers are still find the game more than satisfactory by virtue of the modding... illustrates a mentality diff. (not better) than that of madden.... we don't need 10 other sites for 2K cheerleading....
My point was that, apart from VC's own website, OS is the place where 2k fans are most likely to find like-minded individuals. Madden fans, otoh, can go to MM, Madden Nation, Madden Wars, IGN, Gamespot, etc., etc. and find people of a similar mindset. That's what I meant by saying Madden fans have more options.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
A good point. Would you agree that this vocal minority has made OS an uncomfortable place for the average Madden fan, hence the silent majority's reluctance to post? I say that because it seems like every new thread in the Madden forum gets hijacked at some point by one or more disgruntled 2kers. That's not something the 2k crowd has to worry about in this forum, you rarely if ever see posts ripping the 2k series.
That's true. I agree with the hijacking of topics in that forum. It is annoying. (and I'm not even a Madden fan) But I'm surprised some of those Madden fans don't stick up for there game, if there is so many as was previously brought up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #22
MVP

xrams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
My point was that, apart from VC's own website, OS is the place where 2k fans are most likely to find like-minded individuals. Madden fans, otoh, can go to MM, Madden Nation, Madden Wars, IGN, Gamespot, etc., etc. and find people of a similar mindset. That's what I meant by saying Madden fans have more options.
thanks for the clarification.... to me the madden sites are no more that another part of the EA marketing machine.... and stating 2K fans have no place to go is insulting to say the least.... if you look at the view in the 2K football section they are still the 2nd highest (140K) after 2yrs....

and if EA put more options in there games rather than on PR/contracts I wouldn't be posting... I'd be playing madden.....
Old 08-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #23
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
thanks for the clarification.... to me the madden sites are no more that another part of the EA marketing machine.... and stating 2K fans have no place to go is insulting to say the least.... if you look at the view in the 2K football section they are still the 2nd highest (140K) after 2yrs....

and if EA put more options in there games rather than on PR/contracts I wouldn't be posting... I'd be playing madden.....
No insult was intended, but I apologize for the poor choice of words.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #24
MVP

xrams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
You can't really argue that 2K fans are 'more' mature. True, there are some younger Madden fans out there. I've seen them. But there are a lot of adult Madden fans, like a few on these forums. You will find maybe the younger Madden fans at Maddenmania or whatever the sites are called. (haven't visited one of them in a while) You will find more mature discusions about the upcoming games here at the OS forums.

I'm a 2K fan but I just don't think your statement holds any water. Theres immature Madden fans and immature 2K fans.
then why was one of the big deal about madden '07 dealing with the focus on money plays... and the fact that the PPV madden preview dealt with completing such plays... the fact that you can only play 4-5min quarters online to cater solely to the kiddy fans the don't care about setting up a real NFL game plan.... just go back and throw a bomb..... if thats not a game targeting adolescence's then tell why it's in the game...???

Last edited by xrams; 08-14-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »