Home

Cryptic Message?

This is a discussion on Cryptic Message? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #1169
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Cryptic Message?

2K Sports could even start out small with an XBOX live offering...$5... Two generic teams on a generic field with next gen graphics and 2K5 gameplay.

Allow some costom color schemes/uniforms...and I bet it'd sell....at least they'd see if there was demand...

then they could build off of that... say introduce new teams (charge $2.00 if they were greedy)....No reason why a 1-on-1 online game wouldn't sell... Tons of folks bought Street Fighter...I'm sure tecmo would sell on Xbox live...so why not...
Old 08-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #1170
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: The worst part about the BL incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
The colors aren't protected unless some team invents and copyrights its own unique color. It is also important to note that it didn't have the NFL licence because of a technicality with the contract with the NFL and EA didn't want to pay more to use it, another even more important note is that Madden 64 was the only football game on the system.
I think they had similar colors to the NFL team but changed the hues slightly. I thing by having a profesional football game with a team in Miami that exactly mirrors the Dolfins colors implies infringment , thats probaly why they stayed away from the exact colors.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:22 PM   #1171
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
If you build it, they will come. If 2K put their heart and soul into building a next gen FB title and were actually able to "take it to the next level" in terms of gameplay, graphics, presentation, options, etc. I'm sure people will give it a go. I think the exclusivity deal has left a bad taste in a lot of people mouths... people who are willing to give another game a chance (see Blitz) even w/o the NFL. If the game was THAT good, I could see the word spreading like wildfire, especially with the medium we have today - the internet. Sort of like how Snakes On A Plane or Blair Witch Project blew up. Underground Guerilla marketing.

**man, i was typing up my response on the other thread, next thing i know it was closed. oh well, I'll post my reply here i guess **
You are right, the second VC gives an official hint at a game, the internet will explode. All they have to do on their end is make it where when people look at their teams they think "Now thats cool as sh%$t. !! considering the Buzz BL caused, an official anouncement would bring 10 times that as the word got out.

EDIT: and as much effort as it seems it would take, its really not. their gamplay engine is allready nextgen, any improvements on that is gravy. presentation? same there. jsut polish the glitches, more animations, and put alot of effort into the creative elements (studio personalities, replacing ESPN, teams, ETC.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 08-21-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 PM   #1172
Rookie

OVR: 4

On KFAN (local Minneapolis AM radio sports station) they had a guy that reviews games on talking about madden. He did not give it great reviews and at the end of the interview they talked about the agreement with EA and the NFL and he said that 2k is working on something to do with football but no one knows what.

I know we all kinda know this but it is nice to hear on the radio also.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #1173
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxx
On KFAN (local Minneapolis AM radio sports station) they had a guy that reviews games on talking about madden. He did not give it great reviews and at the end of the interview they talked about the agreement with EA and the NFL and he said that 2k is working on something to do with football but no one knows what.

I know we all kinda know this but it is nice to hear on the radio also.
I know of nothing... Who says 2k is working on something to do with football besides this guy on the radio?

He pro'lly just got wind of BL's "campaign" last week.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #1174
Rookie

im just saying it encouraging to hear. This guy does reviews for games and Im sure he knows more then us.

but who knows, im just sharing what was said.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #1175
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxx
im just saying it encouraging to hear. This guy does reviews for games and Im sure he knows more then us.

but who knows, im just sharing what was said.
Yeah, I don't mean to sound like I'm bustin' you or anything... I'm just a bitter ol' man these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »