Home

What Will Friday Reveal Poll

This is a discussion on What Will Friday Reveal Poll within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you think will be announced this Friday by 2K Sports.
A new 2K Football game to be released this year. 18 11.69%
A new 2K Football game to be released next year. 39 25.32%
They will consider making a football game. 35 22.73%
No game, and no intentions of making one soon. 41 26.62%
The backwards compatibility of NFL2K5 on the 360. 21 13.64%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #17
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What Will Friday Reveal Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
Well remember, that Blue Lightning is saying that HE will make the announcement.

Earlier, he said that he would not announce a new game...

... Therefore, there will be no new game announcement tomorrow.
Well, I haven't really been following all of this too closely, so I missed that.

If 2K Sports doesn't release a new football game at some point within the next year or so, it will be very puzzling to me. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't really understand why they haven't released one already. I guess there's some nuances about the business I don't fully comprehend.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Someone mentioned something about open source over at the 2K forums, I can't help but think that this would be a bad idea. There are so many things that 2k5 does better than madden, why give up your trade secrets.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #19
Rookie

I'm pretty sure BL is going to be the one making the announcement...so in all likeliness we've all wasted our time over something that's just not worth all the excitement and buzz. Disappointing to say the least.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:23 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
Well, I haven't really been following all of this too closely, so I missed that.

If 2K Sports doesn't release a new football game at some point within the next year or so, it will be very puzzling to me. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't really understand why they haven't released one already. I guess there's some nuances about the business I don't fully comprehend.
Apparently there are some "nuances" that NONE of us comprehend. Why they haven't made an "unlicensed" game while Midway jumped right on it with blitz being one reason.--- I guess since blitz is a different type of game (not-sim and had story elements) that makes a big difference.

But the "testing the waters" idea COMPLETELY doesn't make sense to me. They'd have to be the biggest head-stuck-in-the-sand company in the world if they were unaware of the cry for this game and the backlash from the EA/NFL Dec '04 deal.

My only hope is that they've been using these past 2 years to develop something mindblowing and revolutionary and wanted to keep it completely under wraps from EA's slimy mitts.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_secondary
Someone mentioned something about open source over at the 2K forums, I can't help but think that this would be a bad idea. There are so many things that 2k5 does better than madden, why give up your trade secrets.

You mean as in revealing source code to EA's developers so as to get a Madden/2k hybrid?

As in, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"?

**barfs**
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #22
Rookie

I think they're gonna release the old 2K5 engine over XNA for anyone to mess around with.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
This has baffled me from the start as well. They have a solid engine already, and since they no longer have to pay for the NFL licence, they should be able to make a profit selling games at $20. Obviously with much less sales than the evil empire, but much less costs as well.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeAyKay
I think they're gonna release the old 2K5 engine over XNA for anyone to mess around with.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at, and as far as "testing the waters" with all of this stuff to see if there was interest, well that just doesn't make sense. Blitz did all of the testing of the waters for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »