Home

What's everyone going to do if/when EA re-ups with the NFL?

This is a discussion on What's everyone going to do if/when EA re-ups with the NFL? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: What's everyone going to do if/when EA re-ups with the NFL?

I dont intend to buy another EA football title until they surpass 2k5 in all areas, but mainly gameplay. it will not be until they step up to the plate and deliver over and above what was done in 2004 by VC. Its just hard to go backwards once you get use to progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondada30
Well i'm hoping by the time ea re-ups with the NFL (i assume thats going to happen) they'll be making a product that is acceptable to me. I sold my xbox for a 360 and kept 2K5 in hopes of it becoming backwards compatible and that looks like a pipe dream at the moment. So it looks like my only option for the forseeable future in terms of my football fix is Madden and NCAA.

The 1st madden on the 360 i caved in and bought it off of ebay and sold it back on ebay within 2 weeks. There was nothing redeeming about the game sans the stadiums and player models that said next generation to me. It just feels like madden has set the expectation bar so low that improvements/features that should of been in the 1st iteration are going to take several versions before they're included and the game becomes appealing to me. I thought i could overlook it but i'm realizing i've got other games on the 360 to fortunately pass the time. Out of all the last generation FB games madden was my least favorite with 2k5 1st and NCAA second. In other words it needs to improve the most for me to consider buying it.

I have a good buddy of mine that i play sports games online against all the time and he's getting madden even though he thinks he'll be disappointed but he wants his nfl fix and its his only option. I used to think like that but after playing videogame football for the past 19 years and having options (favorites were: madden until '97, gameday until 1999, madden & 2k (2000-2002) and 2k (2003-2005)), i feel like i can wait until there is a next gen football game that at least appears to have built on what last gen football had. I'm talking about better player interaction, presentation, commentary, online options, etc. It looks like i'll be waiting a long time but i hope not too long because i love videogame football. I've realized though that i'm willing to wait longer than i initially thought.

VERY wise decision. Buying a game for the next generation consoles that has next generation graphics but last generation game play is unacceptable.
I hope I am wrong but I do not think EA will ever make a decent football game. If there is ever going to be a next generation football game, it will likely come from some other company. The people who manage EA Sports just do not care. You never innovate unless you are motivated to innovate that is the problem with Electronic Arts.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:31 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx
Then I read the article (thanks operation sports for the heads up) that madden on 360 does not have the ability to edit player ratings and rosters! No 360 and madden for me!
That would kill it for me as well if I ever considered buying Madden, which I haven't.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
VERY wise decision. Buying a game for the next generation consoles that has next generation graphics but last generation game play is unacceptable.
I hope I am wrong but I do not think EA will ever make a decent football game. If there is ever going to be a next generation football game, it will likely come from some other company. The people who manage EA Sports just do not care.
I agree madden will never achieve next-gen gameplay with this supposed new game engine. They'd have to scrap it and start over - and I mean REALLY start over, and not just say they started over.

But I disagree that they don't care. They care about putting out a product that will make them as much money as possible. To do that, they have to appeal to the casual gamer. I'm guessing Madden will become even more arcade over the next few years. EA has no intention of producing a cutting edge, sim representation of football, because they know the majority of consumers don't want it.

Last edited by baa7; 08-18-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:46 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I hope I am wrong but I do not think EA will ever make a decent football game. If there is ever going to be a next generation football game, it will likely come from some other company. The people who manage EA Sports just do not care. You never innovate unless you are motivated to innovate that is the problem with Electronic Arts.

Another good point you made is its more than likley the head brass at EA at the root of thier problems , their programers and engineers hands are tied im sure. They would probably love to take Madden to the next level, but that would mean delayed release dates, more time & money. and the bottom line is sales aint broke, so why fix it..................
Old 08-18-2006, 05:23 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
Another good point you made is its more than likley the head brass at EA at the root of thier problems , their programers and engineers hands are tied im sure. They would probably love to take Madden to the next level, but that would mean delayed release dates, more time & money. and the bottom line is sales aint broke, so why fix it..................

You are so right my friend.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I agree madden will never achieve next-gen gameplay with this supposed new game engine. They'd have to scrap it and start over - and I mean REALLY start over, and not just say they started over.

But I disagree that they don't care. They care about putting out a product that will make them as much money as possible. To do that, they have to appeal to the casual gamer. I'm guessing Madden will become even more arcade over the next few years. EA has no intention of producing a cutting edge, sim representation of football, because they know the majority of consumers don't want it.

I guess I should have been more clear. The people who manage EA do not care about the quality of the product, but they do care if people stop buying the same old game play year after year. If the people who buy Madden become bored and demand innovation, EA is in deep trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 10

I'll keep playing 2K5 with updated rosters and schedules.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »