Home

Does it make sense for 2K Sports to create a generic customizable game??

This is a discussion on Does it make sense for 2K Sports to create a generic customizable game?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:47 PM   #33
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Does it make sense for 2K Sports to create a generic customizable game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
No, because it wasn't 11 on 11, and it wasn't a supposed to be a simulation. What does me buying or not have to do with anything? It sold well enough to make a profit. I didn't buy Madden either.
that's basicaly why I don't buy it... I mean, I want sim... not a seedy story line....
Old 08-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

One last thought and im outta here. But if VC is checking the forums right now. it simple just do what you do, INOVATE. Years back when the thing to do was get credible comentators or personalities. you changed the game by giving us the best comentating a video game has ever had. with two unknowns (at the time). When they thought quality FB gaming online couldnt be accomplished on a console for another year or two. you did it on the dreamcast, I played many games with minimal lag even back then.

Do the same thing with this generic leauge, give it so much polish and effort that it takes on a life of its own , like Dan and Peter. make others envious of the amazing helmets and uni's that come packaged with your game. take the gameplay, animations, & presentation to another level so that nothing comes close. if you are woried about the casual gamer, make it the best looking , best animated football title by a LONG shot. pretty graphics go a long way with the casuals.

dont take this laying down, you have the best game in town, hell a more polished port of 2k5 is still better than we have now on next gen.
Oh well im out,

EDIT: Think marble helmets, air brushed designs, grapghic artist quality logo designs, i can actualy believe people would edit the rosters to have NFl players, but opt. to use your teams to play the game. Even given the option to edit nfl uniforms into the game.

one more EDIT: i dont know why im hung up on that Jacksonville Generals hemet (LOL), but their jersey could have the camofladge on the sleve or just camo accents somewhere, then their alternates would be the diffrent camo colors for diffrent needs, Desert sand(browns, tans), Snow(white, grey), jungle(forest green, brown, tan), woodlands in the fall (burnt orange , red, brown) etc.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 08-19-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:57 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
As a fan, I want another football game from 2k. But if I were a business man working at 2k and it was my call, for the short term at least I would say no 2k football. You have to be able to seperate yourself as a fan from the business side. Which is why 90% of all the posts in these kinds of threads are "they should make this game! it would rock! it would sell well! look at blitz! bla bla bla" when the reality is that no one on this board is sitting on the board of 2k Sports, nor are they investors, producers, developers, etc. Just because you as a fan wants it and thinks it would be a good idea doesnt mean the experts in their company think so. I promise you they have more business sense in thier own company than any of us on this board.
This thread was a question and people answered with explanations of why they answered the way that they did. As for business sense, you nor I, know if there is more in their company than of anyone on this board. Just because they have a big company, doesn't garauntee anything. Look at all the games that get released and are total flops. The company gave it the greenlight and it was crap. How about those crappy football games from Kanomi and Acclaim. They kept pushing them out, year after year. The way that I see it, 2K's football market is a group that wants them to make a game and would buy it regardless of a license. Most of those that wouldn't buy a generic game wouldn't buy a licensed 2K game, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Man, you need a new analogy. I've read that one several times over the past year, and personally I'm sick of both chicks.
There will be a new analogy when you find something better to do than quote other people with smartazz remarks that have no bearing whatsoever on the thread topic. Then again, I guess thats how you get your post count so high.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
There will be a new analogy when you find something better to do than quote other people with smartazz remarks that have no bearing whatsoever on the thread topic. Then again, I guess thats how you get your post count so high.
Now there's a guy with a great sense of humor
Old 08-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #38
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Uh-oh....post count size envy! j/k.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Uh-oh....post count size envy! j/k.
And if he'd once and for all stop with that chick analogy, his would be a lot less than it is now.

j/k and all that for those who don't know that already.

Last edited by baa7; 08-21-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #40
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Since all you guys can do is snap at each other, we're closing this.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »