Home

Turning Off Trades

This is a discussion on Turning Off Trades within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Turning Off Trades

I haven't played this game in quite some time, but is it possible to turn off in-season trades? The CPU really makes a bunch of them, which is not the norm for the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Turning Off Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I haven't played this game in quite some time, but is it possible to turn off in-season trades? The CPU really makes a bunch of them, which is not the norm for the NFL.
No but if you're playing on Xbox and have Finn's editor, you can use it to control the teams that have players on the trading block and remove them.

All CPU trading is done via the trading block which means that you can check the block on a weekly basis and if you see anyone on the block, use Finn's editor to remove that player from the block.

Once week 7 concludes, traded cant be done unless you have the deadline option off.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

How the heck do I use the editor? Do I have to edit the block on my PC or is that something I can do straight from the Xbox?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
How the heck do I use the editor? Do I have to edit the block on my PC or is that something I can do straight from the Xbox?
You need a PC, Finn's editor and an Action Replay in order to transfer the franchise file from your Xbox to your PC and vice versa.

After playing 2k5 on PS2, I must say that I would have given up football video games after the EA/NFL deal was announced if it wasnt for Finn's editor. I spent $150 on a laptop PC off ebay, $150 on Xbox, $20 on 2k5 and $30 on an Action Replay.

Trust me, it was worth every penny. There's so many things that can be done with Finn's editor that in the end, is truly amazing. Plus, Finn continues to work on it trying to find whatever else that we can use. He recently added the ability to change the NFL's salary cap for franchise files and the ability to change any player's contract in roster and franchise files.

Honestly, the only two things that I wish he could be able to do is give us the ability to edit a Head Coach's name and appearance and the ability to change a team's defensive depth chart. For example, my 49ers run a 3-4 defense but run a 4-3 in-game. Sure, I could use a different team's playbook but like I said, im hoping for the ability to change it in the depth chart setup.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Just control every team and make sure trades are set to "player". It's that simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »