Home

Sim Engine

This is a discussion on Sim Engine within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Sim Engine

I am planning on getting the game tonight hopefully, but was wondering from some of you guys who have been playing for quite some time now how the sim engine is, great end of season stats? It has been too long since I played this to remember at all, although I have a feeling they turn out nice.

The other thing I was wondering is how the CPU trade, draft and free agent logic is, once again sorry if these questions come up all the time but hopefully you dont mind answering them for me. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Sim Engine

Trade and Draft logic sucks.
FA logic seems to work OK.
Sim stats are pretty good, minus th rushing yards for scrambling QBs if I remember correctly...

EDIT: Draft Logic doesn't suck, the AI is broken and only takes certain positions in the first round. So if you draft one of thoe positions and don't take advantage of the messed up code, it still comes out pretty fairly.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
Trade and Draft logic sucks.
FA logic seems to work OK.
Sim stats are pretty good, minus th rushing yards for scrambling QBs if I remember correctly...

EDIT: Draft Logic doesn't suck, the AI is broken and only takes certain positions in the first round. So if you draft one of thoe positions and don't take advantage of the messed up code, it still comes out pretty fairly.
You wouldn't happen to know what positions the CPU only drafts do you?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think they only draft QBs, RBs, Ts, and DEs in the first round. They draft all other positions during the rest of the draft.

To me, this kind of ruins what could have been a perfect game. But you can work around it by doing the same as the CPU and limiting yourself in the first round. But otherwise, the draft players generated by the game are great. I've played years into the game and haven't encountered any problems with them.

Hope I was of some help.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #5
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canman
I think they only draft QBs, RBs, Ts, and DEs in the first round. They draft all other positions during the rest of the draft.

To me, this kind of ruins what could have been a perfect game. But you can work around it by doing the same as the CPU and limiting yourself in the first round. But otherwise, the draft players generated by the game are great. I've played years into the game and haven't encountered any problems with them.

Hope I was of some help.
You were, thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

trades are very bad in this game, big starts like M.Vick get traded, thats what i hated about this game. I loved 2k, but the trades were crazy.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-25-2006, 04:30 AM   #7
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
trades are very bad in this game, big starts like M.Vick get traded, thats what i hated about this game. I loved 2k, but the trades were crazy.
Yeah I remember watching Sports Center and I would see Vick getting traded twice a year. A lot of star QBs get traded, not twice but in general.

Also, there would be some weird glitch where starting QBs were kick returners. But I think this was only in fantasy draft.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:56 AM   #8
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
Yeah I remember watching Sports Center and I would see Vick getting traded twice a year. A lot of star QBs get traded, not twice but in general.

Also, there would be some weird glitch where starting QBs were kick returners. But I think this was only in fantasy draft.

What is very cool you can use finns editor and these bugs won't be a problem. With the draft I just took control of every team and choose everyones first round pick, was actually fun. Now, I'm all wondering how these rookies are going to do in the season.

With the trade stuff, if I see something wacky happen I can do one of two things...fix it with finns editor or go back to my last save and make it never happen by taking over the teams involved witht the trade. Though, the trade stuff doesn't really bother me.

So far, so good. Lovin the game as always.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »