Home

I need some info

This is a discussion on I need some info within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I need some info

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDayD1978
Thanks for the heads up on that...even the sideline animations are fun to watch. Watching the QB's on the phone w/the off. coordinator in the booth, coaches coming over to console players on the bench after a bad play. I know I have plenty more left to see, but the best one's I've saw yet are the replay challenge animations and my favorite so far, the cutscene when someone is injured on the field. You actually see trainers/coaches run out onto the field to check the player out. If that wasn't enough, it's all injury specific animations. If it's a leg injury, they check him out, help him up and both guys help him off the field with the players arms around their shoulders. If it's an arm injury, the player is still helped up but favors his arm walking to the sideline. I even heard the crowd applaud as a player was walking off with the trainers. I was like, man, something that subtle, yet pretty awesome!

Everything about this game just really makes you feel like you are not only playing a Sunday afternoon NFL game but it puts you in the frame of mind that you are watching a typical NFL game!
try going into offense only practice mode, and check out all of the taunting into the endzone animations, they are triggered by releasing the analog stick once you cross the 5 yard line. there are a ton of em. very nicely done. my only gripe with them is they are hard to use in an actual game becuse no one can be within 10 yards of you or they will catch you. I think 10 yard should be plenty buffer to safley taunt into the endzone. but when you do get one in its sweet....LOL
Old 08-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
No, you're seeing right. Different player ratings cause different animations. Try lowering D tackle ratings, and you'll see entirely new tackle animations, and a lot less of that clothesline tackle animation that's a bit overdone in the game IMO.
true that tackle happens way too much, i have recently been seeing some roll tackles that should be used way more often, where the defender wraps up the ball carrier around the waist and kinda rolls him to the ground, some times he hangs on sometimes they seperate afted hiting the ground, very nicely done.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 08-27-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:52 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDayD1978
Thanks for the heads up on that...even the sideline animations are fun to watch. Watching the QB's on the phone w/the off. coordinator in the booth, coaches coming over to console players on the bench after a bad play. I know I have plenty more left to see, but the best one's I've saw yet are the replay challenge animations and my favorite so far, the cutscene when someone is injured on the field. You actually see trainers/coaches run out onto the field to check the player out. If that wasn't enough, it's all injury specific animations. If it's a leg injury, they check him out, help him up and both guys help him off the field with the players arms around their shoulders. If it's an arm injury, the player is still helped up but favors his arm walking to the sideline. I even heard the crowd applaud as a player was walking off with the trainers. I was like, man, something that subtle, yet pretty awesome!

Everything about this game just really makes you feel like you are not only playing a Sunday afternoon NFL game but it puts you in the frame of mind that you are watching a typical NFL game!
i saw a cool sideline animation the other day for he first time, i was havin a game where i was blowing out the cpu. they started making a run in the 4th qtr. but i killed it by making an interception, then started runing the ball, once the I got the clock to run down and started kneeling, a player on the sideline kicked over the gaterade cooler in frustrstion...LOL...has anyone else seen this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
i saw a cool sideline animation the other day for he first time, i was havin a game where i was blowing out the cpu. they started making a run in the 4th qtr. but i killed it by making an interception, then started runing the ball, once the I got the clock to run down and started kneeling, a player on the sideline kicked over the gaterade cooler in frustrstion...LOL...has anyone else seen this?
Yeah actually I've found it to be quite common to see that animation. Maybe it's just me.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangles
Yeah actually I've found it to be quite common to see that animation. Maybe it's just me.
interesting.............i have never seen it before
Old 08-27-2006, 11:47 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 13

haven't seen the gatorade move either. But I'm looking forward to making my opponent do that! lol Isn't this game something else? I've played it since it's first day and new stuff is still coming up. this disc is loaded with football to spare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »