Home

can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360

This is a discussion on can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2006, 04:25 AM   #9
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360

One thing I never understood... why people would buy current gen games to play on a next gen console?

I've seen this posted here, other forums, "I wound buy a 360 if MS made NFL2K5 BC." Maybe I am missing something but what is the logic here. Just to run the game in 720p?
Old 09-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Location: Fayetteville, NC....Mostly known for.....well....nothing.

That's not the issue. The thing is people like myself don't want to go out and drop all that money on an "unproven" system, if they'll still have to pull the "old" system out for their favorite game. I like some of the stuff for the 360, but not enough to invest in it yet. Of my limiting video game time, I spend the majority playing 2k5 still. If I could still be playing that until Madden improves, I would think of going the 360 route. However until then, I can't see getting the newer system.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Good point Otrain. I own a 360 and find myself going back to the old black and green box quite often. The 360 has some serious potential and for whatever reason,I've yet to find a game for it that justifies a 60 dollar price tag-except-for Saints Row. I think that when Microsoft gets some stiff competition from Sony and Nintendo,they'll have no choice but to step it up a notch. Or maybe I'm expecting too much from them? anyway... I know I got off subject here so I'll end my rant now,thank you.

Last edited by coffeeholic; 09-11-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 12:24 AM   #12
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeholic
Good point Otrain. I own a 360 and find myself going back to the old black and green box quite often. The 360 has some serious potential and for whatever reason,I've yet to find a game for it that justifies a 60 dollar price tag-except-for Saints Row. I think that when Microsoft gets some stiff competition from Sony and Nintendo,they'll have no choice but to step it up a notch. Or maybe I'm expecting too much from them? anyway... I know I got off subject here so I'll end my rant now,thank you.
I love Saints Row , but thats the only game you like on the 360? Actually there are quite a few games for the system that are really good. Besides this has nothing to do with MS stepping up anything, they made the system, devs need to make the games.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
I love Saints Row , but thats the only game you like on the 360? Actually there are quite a few games for the system that are really good. Besides this has nothing to do with MS stepping up anything, they made the system, devs need to make the games.
Actually-I meant that I haven't yet seen a game that justifies a $60 price tag. I think that when new games come out,such as Madden and NCAA-they strip it down and delete features that the 360 in reality is quite capable of having on the disc. The specs on the 360 are amazing. As for stepping it up. Microsoft CAN tell the devs"this version you are presenting to us is not up to our standards-make it better". I know saying that could get messy. As for good games-well-no-I haven't played alot of them,but the one's I bought or checked out just aren't working out for my liking. Maybe someone could start a thread titled"list your favorite 360 game and why it is"I'd enjoy getting some good titles for the 360.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Actually-I meant that I haven't yet seen a game that justifies a $60 price tag.
Ghost Recon. Game play is top notch. And I've had the game for months now, and haven't even started the campaign, there's so much to do.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
I think that when new games come out,such as Madden and NCAA-they strip it down and delete features that the 360 in reality is quite capable of having on the disc.
C'mon, EA "ran out of time" with Madden. They spent months working hard at discussing and deciding which last gen features would make great next gen downloadable content.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #16
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Actually-I meant that I haven't yet seen a game that justifies a $60 price tag. I think that when new games come out,such as Madden and NCAA-they strip it down and delete features that the 360 in reality is quite capable of having on the disc. The specs on the 360 are amazing. As for stepping it up. Microsoft CAN tell the devs"this version you are presenting to us is not up to our standards-make it better". I know saying that could get messy. As for good games-well-no-I haven't played alot of them,but the one's I bought or checked out just aren't working out for my liking. Maybe someone could start a thread titled"list your favorite 360 game and why it is"I'd enjoy getting some good titles for the 360.
I understand what your saying, although really who your referencing here is EA. MANY other games are not stripped down at all, GRAW as baa has mentioned is one that comes to mind that has a ton of features ...even PGR3 is very good.

As for the idea of MS telling the devs to add more, thats not going to happen, i know Sony nor Nintendo is not or has not done that either. Funny thing is, even if MS bitched ..think about it EA is STILL selling TONS of units on ALL there games so MS sure isnt going to say anything and EA would probably just laugh at them anyway because of the sales they are getting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »