Home

can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360

This is a discussion on can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2006, 11:11 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360

First off-thanks Baa and 49er for your comments. Baa for suggesting Ghost-I value your straight up opinions and will check that one out-haven't played it yet. 49er-I agree that Microsoft won't push EA's buttons too hard. On another note,I think in the days to come it will be interesting to see who will carry the big guns after the dust of the PS3 landing settles. I'm all for competition-bring it on!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
C'mon, EA "ran out of time" with Madden. They spent months working hard at discussing and deciding which last gen features would make great next gen downloadable content.
your post had me LMAO,I had a long day at work,am tired,and that got me going again! thanks
Old 09-17-2006, 01:18 AM   #19
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

If 2k released ESPN NFL2k5 for the 360 and put on a $60 price tag I would buy it. That is how much I want 2k5 to be BC...and I have it for PS2.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:02 AM   #20
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Not in every way. Madden beats the pants off 2K5 in the "new cover" department:

http://www.thebrushback.com/newmadden_full.htm
I am a big fan of your post...!!!! encore....!!!!

Old 09-17-2006, 02:09 AM   #21
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
One thing I never understood... why people would buy current gen games to play on a next gen console?

I've seen this posted here, other forums, "I wound buy a 360 if MS made NFL2K5 BC." Maybe I am missing something but what is the logic here. Just to run the game in 720p?
I think what you fail to understand is... PS2's greatest attribute when released was its ability to play all PS1 games out of the box.... that's why it was such a great selling product (to start)... Prime.. some folks have a large library of current gen games... now that the next gen console is out some folks still would like to play their old games... not start a new library..... furthermore, the 360 touted BC for all games as I understand it.... do you think the 360 would've sold half as well without this promise...??

Last edited by xrams; 09-17-2006 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2006, 05:48 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
furthermore, the 360 touted BC for all games as I understand it.... do you think the 360 would've sold half as well without this promise...??
Anyone who fell for that in the year leading up to the release of the 360, is the same sort of consumer who rushes out and buys a game on its release day, then complains because it's not what they expected.

I could see from reading about the 360 that Microsoft was simply throwing a bone to consumers with their BC talk. If it were up to them, they would have said to heck with it. But Sony's been promising BC for all games, so Microsoft had to make some sort of concession - it was entirely obvious.

Me, I went ahead and purchased a 360, assuming all my Xbox games would be unplayble on the 360. Which is why I kept my Xbox. Anyone who did otherwise... well, I suppose one could and should feel a bit sorry for those poor souls in our society who happen to be born without a brain in their head
Old 09-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #23
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Anyone who did otherwise... well, I suppose one could and should feel a bit sorry for those poor souls in our society who happen to be born without a brain in their head

much like the ones that bought a "next-gen" box for sports gaming
Old 09-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
much like the ones that bought a "next-gen" box for sports gaming
True, although the only next-gen sports games I was anticipating buying for the 360 were MLB 2K and Winning Eleven. I assume WE will be great, so I'm shooting 50% - not bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »