Home

can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360

This is a discussion on can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2006, 09:56 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: can i play nfl2k5 on my xbox 360

I would like for 2k5 to become backwards compatible, and I think most gamers will...A few of the Sega baseball titles have gone BC so maybe there is hope yet. Sad as it sounds, a 2 year old current gen football game might actually cut into sales of Madden for the entire life cycle on the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
furthermore, the 360 touted BC for all games as I understand it....
Not exactly. The 360 touted that it would be BC for the more popular games (obviously that's subjective). They never stated full BC.

Personally I'm not sure why anyone would buy a new system based on their past game library, but that's just me. With a next-gen system and HDTV, those old games are going to look very poor. Of course if someone doesn't have an HDTV, then IMO, they should stick to the current gen. Just an opinion though.

In the end, the PS3 and 360 are both good machines....in the PS3's case, going to be a good machine. According to most developers, the 360 is better to develop for in some regards and the PS3 is better in others. Bottomline is that the console that makes someone happy, is the better console for that person. For me, the 360 is everything that I need/want.

Ok way off tangent there. Enough of my rambling.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:59 AM   #27
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Not exactly. The 360 touted that it would be BC for the more popular games (obviously that's subjective). They never stated full BC.
I apologize Joe... your right they didn't say all... I should have used the word most games.... BTW.. do you know the count/%age of games so far...??!?! they (360) mayhave meet this obligation...
Quote:
Personally I'm not sure why anyone would buy a new system based on their past game library, but that's just me. With a next-gen system and HDTV, those old games are going to look very poor. Of course if someone doesn't have an HDTV, then IMO, they should stick to the current gen. Just an opinion though.
Well on this we agree... when buying NFL2K4 I had 2K3 in my hand for the exchange... same with 2K5...I hold onto very few games after they're played... and I try and get a quick resell on them... but my bother on the other hand has games stacked to the roof... he never buys new.. he wait till they 1/3 the price then buys... B/C does mean something to him... but I don't think he buy next gen console just to play old games... they're more of a buffer till newer games come out that satisfy....

Quote:
In the end, the PS3 and 360 are both good machines....in the PS3's case, going to be a good machine. According to most developers, the 360 is better to develop for in some regards and the PS3 is better in others. Bottomline is that the console that makes someone happy, is the better console for that person. For me, the 360 is everything that I need/want.

Ok way off tangent there. Enough of my rambling.
Joe you know I'm high on the PS3... but, now I'm starting to hear horror stories... bigfnjoe, keeps posting neg info about the PS3... and two items cought my eye...

1) Sony is coding all their media (games, movie, video, music) to be playable only on the (console) you initially play it on.... in other words... when you buy Sony games and finish playing on you PS3... you can't lend it to some1 else to play....

2) Now it's being reported that the B/C capability for PS3.. will not be total... in other words they're now (like 360) saying all previous maynot be playable on the new PS3....

Last edited by xrams; 09-19-2006 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:22 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
bigfnjoe, keeps posting neg info about the PS3... and two items cought my eye...

1) Sony is coding all their media (games, movie, video, music) to be playable only on the (console) you initially play it on.... in other words... when you buy Sony games and finish playing on you PS3... you can't lend it to some1 else to play....
I've been keeping up on the PS3 news, but have never heard that one. My first thought is it's an internet rumor started by Bill Gates Seriously, if true, that'll cut into PS3 sales even further than these PS3 delays and shortages. No selling or trading your games in? People won't go for that. On the other hand, that sort of thing is bound to happen with games and movies at some point anyway given all the piracy problems.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:43 AM   #29
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Quote:
bigfnjoe, keeps posting neg info about the PS3... and two items cought my eye...

I've been keeping up on the PS3 news, but have never heard that one. My first thought is it's an internet rumor started by Bill Gates Seriously, if true, that'll cut into PS3 sales even further than these PS3 delays and shortages. No selling or trading your games in? People won't go for that. On the other hand, that sort of thing is bound to happen with games and movies at some point anyway given all the piracy problems.
your right... most of the stuff is propaganda, and easily discounted... but this time he had a link to the Pat. Pending request... so it looked legit(its only Sony made products/intellectual property) however, this could bring up big issues if this is ultimately true...

1) what happens to movie rentals and Gamefly....??

2) what if I have more than one console or Blueray player in my home....??

Old 09-19-2006, 06:28 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
your right... most of the stuff is propaganda, and easily discounted... but this time he had a link to the Pat. Pending request... so it looked legit(its only Sony made products/intellectual property) however, this could bring up big issues if this is ultimately true...

1) what happens to movie rentals and Gamefly....??

2) what if I have more than one console or Blueray player in my home....??
Okay. Only Sony products makes some sense. Like I said though, it's bound to happen at some point. In fact, Blu Ray is really the start of it. I don't think people realize next gen means more than nice looking games. It means a whole new world as far as gaming goes. Gaming is now a business, first and foremost. And we see that with EA and their downloadable unis and stripped-down games. It's about $$$. Piracy protection and making sure people can't replay games on a different console is also about $$$.

That's why I don't get too uptight about any of it - and why I kept my Xbox. NFL 2K5 is twice the game we're ever going to see from EA, as long as they have the license. I'm resigned to that. I don't have Xbox Live and all that crap. I have no plans on going where next gen gaming is heading: down the corporate toilet.

Last edited by baa7; 09-19-2006 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:58 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
I apologize Joe... your right they didn't say all... I should have used the word most games.... BTW.. do you know the count/%age of games so far...??!?! they (360) mayhave meet this obligation...

Joe you know I'm high on the PS3... but, now I'm starting to hear horror stories... bigfnjoe, keeps posting neg info about the PS3... and two items cought my eye...

2) Now it's being reported that the B/C capability for PS3.. will not be total... in other words they're now (like 360) saying all previous maynot be playable on the new PS3....
No problem. Just wanted to correct that as I didn't know if you knew. I have no idea if MS met the obligation of BC games. All I know is that they haven't done a good job with BC games at all. It's not an issue for me personally, but I see why some might be upset.

I've heard some bad things about the PS3 and some of the things that Sony is doing, but I really don't know what to believe at this point. I'm sure some of it is true, but I'm sure some is not. Too much internet speculation at the moment.

I'll be interested to see how it all turns out though. I'm not getting a PS3 mainly because it doesn't make much sense for me to have 2 console's. There aren't any console specific games that are must have's for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »