Home

Question about transactions

This is a discussion on Question about transactions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Question about transactions

Hey guys,
As a sports gamer, I don't like the game making transactions for the teams that I don't control. I follow the season and make the real-life adjustments as they happen. I know there's a lot of you out there like me who really try to emulate reality.

I was simulating through a season to check out how it works and noticed the game dropping and signing players constantly and taking guys out of the starting lineups and so on. I thought about controlling all the teams but I don't want to have to handle all the weekly chores for each team.

Question:
Is there any way to get the game to NOT make any roster adjustments for CPU controlled teams? Can I get the transactions by the game to not happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Question about transactions

Honestly, the weekly stuff is a waste of time. Progression is pre-programmed, just as it is in all 2K sports games. So the same players are always going to progress or not progress, regardless of what you do. You might see a rating go up a point or two, but that's it. It's in the off-season where you'll see players' ratings either jump several points, or not at all. And that's how you can tell whether a player is going to become a star in 2-3 years, or not.

Past that, the only way to prevent the CPU from making lineup adjustments is to control all teams, I believe. And there is a known issue with the off-season logic, in that the CPU will dump star players. You can then pick and choose from the FA list. IMO, given the many issues with the franchise logic, the only thing that makes sense if you're looking for realism is to control all teams.

Last edited by baa7; 09-07-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

A better solution is to control all teams, but them put all aspects of the franchise on assistant coach control except for rosters. That would let you keep the rosters as close to real life as possible while letting the CPU do other functions. Do you play one game a week or something to simulate the season?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #4
MVP

Well, basically. I've only ever played Madden till now. What I do is I control every team, but then I play the season with my one team and I also play with any of my other favorite teams. By the time I get free time to play at all, I don't usually get more than 3 games in before the next week starts, so it's not like I'm ever trying to kill time. Besides, I have other seasons going on in other games.

This will be my first 2K season though since 2K football on the Dreamcast. I'll tell ya, the last Madden season (2006), I didn't even finish half of it. I got so bored of the commentary and the gameplay after about 6 weeks into the season. I had already decided I was gonna play this year with 2K. But, I tried the new Madden recently to give it that one last chance. And again, it was basically the exact same game. Graphics don't mean anything when the gameplay is off. NHL 2K6 has some of the worst player faces ever! Some of the guys bear NO resemblance to their real-life counterparts, the jerseys look like they're made of plastic. But the gameplay, fluid controls, and realism is the best I've ever seen (after NHL93, of course!). In Madden, even the crowd sounds dead. Just a looped cycle of generic crowd audio that increases and decreases in volume. Anyway, that's why I was asking. Your solution seems like it makes the most sense with what the game gives you for options. It's similar to what I did with Madden. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 09-07-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Hey guys,
As a sports gamer, I don't like the game making transactions for the teams that I don't control. I follow the season and make the real-life adjustments as they happen. I know there's a lot of you out there like me who really try to emulate reality.

I was simulating through a season to check out how it works and noticed the game dropping and signing players constantly and taking guys out of the starting lineups and so on. I thought about controlling all the teams but I don't want to have to handle all the weekly chores for each team.

Question:
Is there any way to get the game to NOT make any roster adjustments for CPU controlled teams? Can I get the transactions by the game to not happen?
when you increase the injury slider up to 25 or 26 the trades do not happen and there is less movement of the teams. it has been a while, but i remember this worked for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
MVP

How would increasing the injury slider cause less trades? And even then, doesn't that just cause more guys to get injured?
Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
How would increasing the injury slider cause less trades? And even then, doesn't that just cause more guys to get injured?
Injury silder @ 25 is high - basically 20+ injuries a week. That's a lot.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #8
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
when you increase the injury slider up to 25 or 26 the trades do not happen and there is less movement of the teams. it has been a while, but i remember this worked for some reason.
I'm going to piggy back on this post. I don't know what it is, but I have never seen the number of trades that folks report seeing. I play with weekly prep off and preseason off, and I average maybe 2/3 trades a year and usually it involves non-starters (the biggest name I have EVER seen traded in two years with the game is Michael Strahan to the Vikings).

I did see some poor roster management during one franchise I was doing in that the CPU was releasing players who were hurt. That was also a franchise that I was using weekly prep with and I think that may cause a lot of problems. Every other franchise I have ever done I see the CPU make smart roster decisions (they use the IR, trades are minimal and make sense, and the FA stuff is actually not bad). I also have injuries at 30 and have never had them below 22 in any of my franchises.

Like I said, I guess I have been lucky, but I just don't see the trades people talk about. On another note, I did see something cool in Free Agency. There was a player on my team who came up for free agency. I made my offer, but ended up being the 3rd best offer overall. To my suprise, the player chose to sign with me. The only thing I could think of was that he wanted to come back to my team. Makes me wonder if they have programmed that kind of logic in there, or it was just a one time glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »