Home

Finn's Editor --- Not liking the 1985 b.d.'s?

This is a discussion on Finn's Editor --- Not liking the 1985 b.d.'s? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Finn's Editor --- Not liking the 1985 b.d.'s?

Anyone working with the editor able to have it accept birthdays 1985 and beyond. Actually, I haven't tried any other years, since '85 coincides with a 21 y.o. I'm getting an error message along the lines of outside a value parameter. Not a big deal this year, but if accurate edits are going to occur beyond this season, it may need to be looked at. Finn?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Finn's Editor --- Not liking the 1985 b.d.'s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Anyone working with the editor able to have it accept birthdays 1985 and beyond. Actually, I haven't tried any other years, since '85 coincides with a 21 y.o. I'm getting an error message along the lines of outside a value parameter. Not a big deal this year, but if accurate edits are going to occur beyond this season, it may need to be looked at. Finn?

I have seen this occur and it scared the crap outta me I thought I crashed the file because I got a error message and tried to figure it out and yep the source was in the editor B.D range, nothing on our end can be done about it and Finn if you're reading this perhaps the B.D. range needs to be expanded because outta all the times using various editors you've provided I've never seen it respond like this...crazy I know but true the B.D. range needs some serious addressing to avoid further incidents and keep the editor functioning to its full capabilitys...which are excellent IMO except for that B.D. issue.

Good lookin' out DBF, I wanted to mention this also bit it slipped my mind until you brought this to light...this could be something minor but then again it could be huge hopefully Finn sees this and responds, thanx Finn do what you can if thats possible it has something to do with 1985 B.D. showing as a "Syntax Error Out Of Bounds" or something to that reference, sounds serious and is seen then at 1985 from my observations!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling
Old 09-21-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

I have had this happen to me as well but there's two ways you can fix it.

1) Enter the D.O.B. last. In other words, after you have edited all the player info, equipment and attributes, enter the D.O.B. Then, click "accept". The D.O.B. will go through as it should.

2) You can enter the D.O.B. in franchise mode after you've loaded the 2006 schedule.

The reason as to why this problem occurs is from advancing the league two years in advance in years pro. The game is programmed to start with the 2004 schedule when starting a franchise. That's what's causing the problem. Enter the same D.O.B. that's giving you that error message in franchise mode with the 2006 schedule. You shouldnt get that error message anymore.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

1) That's a good point....always comes up after you try to mess with something else. Only worry is that if it didn't seem to like it in some way will it cause later freezes?

2) Good fix, but then you're asking for franchise alterations and not base rosters....pros and cons there.

Good suggestions dan.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Anyone still having issues with the salary cap causing freezing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
1) That's a good point....always comes up after you try to mess with something else. Only worry is that if it didn't seem to like it in some way will it cause later freezes?

2) Good fix, but then you're asking for franchise alterations and not base rosters....pros and cons there.

Good suggestions dan.
1) Well, im not sure. I had the problem a month ago when I was just messing around in creating my 2k7 roster. I played a few exhibition games and didnt have any problems. However, I never tested franchise mode. I dont think that their will be any problems because if you edit the D.O.B. in franchise with the 2006 schedule already loaded, that message doesnt pop up when you try to edit something else. Now, I havent tested this either but im guessing the auto advance years pro has something to do with it because if you look at career stats, you'll notice that every player goes back two years if you look at their career stats. Then, it gets fixed when you load the 2006 schedule in franchise.

2) Yeah, I know but sometimes franchise will freeze because of what was done in a base roster and not something that was done in franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »