Home

This Year is one year closer Too NFL 2K11 Football

This is a discussion on This Year is one year closer Too NFL 2K11 Football within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
This Year is one year closer Too NFL 2K11 Football

I put down Madden a few weeks ago, and havent bothered to post anything about it then after watching a Monday Night Football commercial it hit me that we are only 3 years away from the end of EAs exclusive liscensing deal.

God willing they wont pay out another what was it 300 million dollars to keep the liscense and 2K, 989, Microsoft, hell maybe even Tecmo will finnaly get liscense to make NFL games. If a generic 2K8 football game comes out and has sucess then maybe the NFL will look to jump ship. Either way, im not thrilled with the direction MAdden seems to be going in on Next Gen so im crossing my fingers and closing my wallet untill 2K or someone comes out with a football game that caters to a more realistic hardcore gamer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: This Year is one year closer Too NFL 2K11 Football

Don't watch the clock bro.....you'll be pullin' your fingernails out! Just grab a fresh copy of 2K5, your favorite updated/tweaked rosters and sliders and have a blast in the meantime.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
...after watching a Monday Night Football commercial it hit me that we are only 3 years away from the end of EAs exclusive liscensing deal.
LoL. Now here is an optimistic person! I love that!

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 09-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Don't get your hopes up, we would be lucky to get "NFL" football from 2K in 2025. EA WILL NOT let this license go.

Assuming 2K really works out the kinks in their baseball game, 2K sports will probably own the market when it comes to Basketball, Baseball, and Hockey. EA will only have its football title to hang its hat on.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:30 AM   #5
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

If people like me fall for the Ea train every year and they continue to get record sales for madden, Then you can all but forget 2k11. They will have plenty of money to renew the contract. That will be the sad reality. Anyways I can only hope for a generic game in a couple of years because I am done buying NFL madden. IT kills me that I won't have a nfl game to play. But I think madden is close to being a descent game however there are many things that distract me big time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Ea's just going to re-up the deal. We will probably never see another NFL licensed game form another developer.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
If people like me fall for the Ea train every year and they continue to get record sales for madden, Then you can all but forget 2k11. They will have plenty of money to renew the contract. That will be the sad reality. Anyways I can only hope for a generic game in a couple of years because I am done buying NFL madden. IT kills me that I won't have a nfl game to play. But I think madden is close to being a descent game however there are many things that distract me big time.
^^Tim I wanted to reply to your thread... there is always hope... but, folks must realize that buying EA products only helps to destroy comp.... EA doesn't want to compete in the open market... they'd rather stagnate and use marketing ploys to advance there product....

I posted this on another forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
Baa… the most striking aspect of this whole thing is… just one wk after Maddan’07 came out… folks were talking ‘bout ’08… talking ‘bout next yrs ver. will be better… folks had their game for only days and were posting that they could put up with this or that until the next yr… then folks will see how great madden is… EA made all the sports sites wait until the game was out before they could review the game… that right there should tell folks something…. Why do peeps accept being screwed… why do they let big companies rip them off…. Why aren’t folk angry enough by now to stop buying this game…?!?! Knowing that EA isn’t giving all they can only to sell you another ½ azz’d game next yr…. all EA wants you to do is buy the game in wk1… they could care less if you return it…. Don’t buy the dam* thing…..

I’m very skilled at spotting false advertising… I knew when Madden showed the commercials with Shawn Alexander running in slow motion… while the camera circled him 360degrees…. Was to insure you didn’t see that the animation was still the same ugliness as it always had been…. Also my point regarding futility has to do with spreading the word… just like the old Breck commercial… if you tell a friend… they tell two friends an so on… and so on… and so on….

Last edited by xrams; 09-14-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #8
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

The NFL bug is too big to counter though only because people are stuck in their ways with that mindset of having the next Madden to feed their need. A lot of people want to give EA a pass. I just got done reading my Game Informer to see a slightly interesting section in there talking about EA & their exclusive strides. Guess what?? They tried to get the Player's Association of the Hockey League to sign an exclusive deal with them in order to put 2K on their butt. That way only EA would have had the solid players and everything while 2K would have had to use a massive customization engine or something like that. What the heck kind of crap was that?? Good think the NHLPA was smart enough to go the route of basketball. EA use to be a good company back in the day. What the hell happened to them? Like they're a company full of crackheads trying to get their next dollar bill by any means necessary. It's almost like they're leeching out the market by trying to take the puss way out. I hope the consumer gets smarter.

One thing that I am happy for is the access to better technology. More people who are gamers get on the internet and research things. I know that it's taking its time but eventually, more people will make noise against shady practices like that. Honestly, I could only hope that EA learns their lesson eventually. Man, they're trying to take our sports away from us.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »