Home

ea doesn't have guts-but 2k doesn't have nay balls

This is a discussion on ea doesn't have guts-but 2k doesn't have nay balls within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: ea doesn't have guts-but 2k doesn't have nay balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
Have you played it? Or just hatin EA???
I was just talking about sports games that are still being produced. Yeah, I played MVP. Smooth game play, awful graphics and presentation. And I don't hate EA. I despise them.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And I don't hate EA. I despise them.
Why did they do something to your family or loved ones? Or is it the smart business decisions that they make? Sour grapes?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

From playing the NBA demo, it obvious that VC hasn't lost the touch and would no doubt create a ridiculously good football game for next gen, given the chance. It's incredible, that nba game.
They just make the games though, they're not going to convince a major sports league to drop/restructure a videogame contract.

Last edited by RedRooster; 09-15-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #20
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
Why did they do something to your family or loved ones? Or is it the smart business decisions that they make? Sour grapes?

EA doesn't have to do anything to anyones family or loved ones. And its not sour grapes. Its a annoyed truth. They suck.

Smart Business decisions my arse....EA are lazy people who buy their way to the top. If you have to buy up all the rights around the league to ensure your sales. Then it shows truly how much respect they have for the consumer. Its called the cop out...

Amazing Mr. Kelverin, you defend such an ignorant company. I don't call taking consumers freedom of choice as a way of business sense. It's a way of saying now we have to make less efforts and gain a greater profit.

Visual Concepts is the team that made Madden great, they were the designers and developers of Madden back when it was great. Tiburion has been damaging all those memories since they got the series.

Amazing now 2ksports who is Visual Concepts same people who originally did Madden goes off and creates their own football series is now punished by EA's exclusive license. Took them 5 years to beat Madden, only to be punished, not rewarded.

EA gets beat by 2k and they get rewarded with an Exclusive rights contract wow....shows that the NFL has no clue on what the consumer wants either and nor do they care.

Like Baa says, I don't hate EA, but I do dislike them strongly. Mainly because they are ruining football for me.

The NBA 2k7 demo shows us, that Visual Concepts might have beat Madden once and for all during the Next-Gen period. I'm sure EA saw that coming. So they cough up the dough to eliminate that from happening.

Smart Business decision (NO!!!!) A cop out, so they didn't have to improve their game or have competition with a superior NFL football game (YES!!!)

Too bad EA is getting punished in every other catergory. NHL, College basketball, NBA, and Soon to be Boxing.

As the original poster said, if 2k had any ballz..they'd release a football of any kind, showing what could be great even without a NFL License. Its all about the sport, not the license....And I'm sure they can create a football game that is much more superior gameplay and graphic wise to Madden and NCAA...
Old 09-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Amazing Mr. Kelverin, you defend such an ignorant company. I don't call taking consumers freedom of choice as a way of business sense. It's a way of saying now we have to make less efforts and gain a greater profit.
Yup. They go after the NFLPA, the MLBPA, Ubisoft... They have one goal: to take away choice.

I don't think I'll support that, nah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #22
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

As much as I've tried to reframe from posting in such senseless threads this one takes the cake and just doesn't serve any purpose other then going over the same old tired issues I have to somewhat agree with the last two post because the handwriting is not only on the wall but is now fading...its a done deal and is what it is so I see no point in going over the issue again and again except to stimulate an old argument which is long now so tiring and redundant...its over and I along with alot of you have or should moved on I see no practical or even remote reason to keep crying foul...time to move on be a man and let the course of whatever happens happen...I can't change anything thats happen and neither can any of you so whats the point in all of this other then bringing up something that we do not have control over and leaving youself with a bitter taste in your mouths...grow up...move on and deal with it...it is what it is old and I mean really old news it happened and now its time to deal with it and move on its not good news but it is what it is so be a man and let it go.

I hope I'm not pissing anyone off but this is the same old tired stuff from day one when the announcement was made that was quite awhile ago and its "Time" to move on if you feel that strongly about EAs practices don't buy their products and show your dislike that way but to share your grief, pain and discontent with other guys who want to move on is like putting "Salt" in an old wound thats trying to heal..."Let it go, grow up and be a man it is what it is so stop crying foul...we already know and experience it everyday so whats the point!

I have Madden 07 and have no problems with an inanimated object its a Football video game not a way of life if you keep the politics out and just play you'll sleep better at night not worrying or fretting over the guys in the suits who don't worry about you so din't be mad because its the truth, time to move on men this story is old news and don't believe the hype or you'll end up with post and threads represented here, Baa7 and Behindshadows are right and make sense thats why I replied not to cry, wine, beg, plead or whatever it is what it is...a done deal time to let it go and move on men even the fourteen year olds have figured out that much...its been done and its over for now move on!!!

I own Madden 07 so sue me...now what should I be banished geez its a Football game, you don't kill the messenger or the gamer so let it go the suits will figure out the politics and if not too bad don't buy or play it just wait and see what happens there still a life out here ya know!!!

Baa7 and Behindshadows you guys are right to replied to such a non relevant issue and clear the air and this thread make no sense to me but is rather funny!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling

Last edited by Rickster101; 09-15-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I own Madden 07 so sue me...
Okay... you're sued. You now owe me one MIL-LION dollars.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #24
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Okay... you're sued. You now owe me one MIL-LION dollars.

No problem if you'll just contact the "Corporate" offices you should be able to get your just dues...please hold while I connect you to thier friendly customer service....uh hotline I'm sure (Yeah Right) they'll hear your concerns (Not yours Baa7 you don't have any) and take care (Ha,Ha Ha) of your customer needs...Hell their "EA Sports" you can trust em'...right....uh oh gotta go the guys in the "Corporate Suits" are watching me ...look out and save yourself and what ever you do don't believe the hype!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling

Last edited by Rickster101; 09-15-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »