Home

ea doesn't have guts-but 2k doesn't have nay balls

This is a discussion on ea doesn't have guts-but 2k doesn't have nay balls within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:46 AM   #33
*t's * 'B*rgh Th*ng!

OVR: 4
Unhappy Re: ea doesn't have guts-but 2k doesn't have nay balls

Anyone who wants to see what EA's exclusive licensing has done for the quality of their games needs to look no further than NASCAR 07 for the XBox. Wow, what a disappointment. My father-in-law looked at it and asked "That's a NEW game??? That NASCAR game you race on the computer (he was referring to NASCAR Racing 2003 Season, of course) looks SOOOO much better." I discussed the exclusive license deals that EA has cut over the years. He just shook his head and, referring to the grainy, pixilated so-called "graphics" on the screen, simply said "That's a shame.". Truer words never spoken.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:14 AM   #34
*t's * 'B*rgh Th*ng!

OVR: 4
Re: ea doesn't have guts-but 2k doesn't have nay balls

To elaborate on the "exclusive licensing" a bit more...

Yes, unfortunately it IS a dead horse. And, we can do very little about it. However, while I have "moved on", my buying habits have changed DRAMATICALLY.

For example, in 2003, I bought the following games NEW and paid full retail:

Nascar Racing 2003 Season
ASB 2004
High Heat 2004
ESPN MLB Baseball
MVP Baseball 2003
ESPN NFL Football
ESPN NHL Hockey
NFL Fever 2004
NBA Inside Drive 2004
NHL 2004
NCAA Football 2004
Madden 2004

Since the beginning of 2005, I have bought the following games NEW:

MVP Baseball 2005
MLB 2k6
NHL 2k6
NASCAR 07

However, I have spent a lot of time with mods to keep games like NASCAR Racing fresh, MVP Baseball fresh, and updating rosters for MLB 2k4. I still play ASB 2005 with its expansion mode. I still pop in HH 2004 and shake my head at how true to the sport it is. NFL 2k5, with Finn's editor, is simply timeless.

So, how many of you are like me? Have YOUR buying habits changed? I'm a SPORTS gamer. Period. I'm sure there are many others who simply will not spend the money like they used to when there was choice. This, over time I believe, WILL affect the industry. It's a simple fact - the genres with exclusive license deals HAVE suffered. The thing that keeps the NBA and NHL franchises so good is the fact there's STILL competition.

I just have little desire to line the pockets of big business game developers who fail to put their consumers first. In fact, I have no real desire to even buy a next-gen console right now. That's just me. And, sadly, I don't feel I'm missing anything. Hopefully, the spirit of competition will be renewed and the sports gamer will again have real choices. Until then, I'll buy very sporadically, update what I can, and move on.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:44 AM   #35
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffy97
So, how many of you are like me? Have YOUR buying habits changed? I'm a SPORTS gamer. Period. I'm sure there are many others who simply will not spend the money like they used to when there was choice. This, over time I believe, WILL affect the industry. It's a simple fact - the genres with exclusive license deals HAVE suffered. The thing that keeps the NBA and NHL franchises so good is the fact there's STILL competition.

I just have little desire to line the pockets of big business game developers who fail to put their consumers first. In fact, I have no real desire to even buy a next-gen console right now. That's just me. And, sadly, I don't feel I'm missing anything. Hopefully, the spirit of competition will be renewed and the sports gamer will again have real choices. Until then, I'll buy very sporadically, update what I can, and move on.
Yep, i've usually bought 10-15 games per year and any new system shortly after launch. So far in '06 i haven't purchased a single video game and no 360. The last game i bought was NCAA Hoops 2K6, between that ESPN 2K4, ESPN baseball 2K4 and NCAA football '04, in my own little world its been a great year for sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoom
Now, I don't really care about all this one way or the other. However, it does make for good reading. Anyway... to my point here:

I'm not sure where this poster gets his information, but he should really find a new source.

VC used to be the development team for Madden alright. As a matter of fact that dev company was the team responsible for the Madden '96 getting canned on the original PSX because as EA Execs stated: "it didn't meet the quality of product that EA is known for producing".

They were then fired and developer team Tiburon was brought on for 1997 and beyond.
well it looks like they should of keep the people from VC but when VC is able to make sports games again believe me no more madden and i definitely don't buy nba live never did and never will 2ksports rocks
Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdudebob
2ksports rocks
Played MLB2K6?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:09 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffy97

Yes, unfortunately it IS a dead horse. And, we can do very little about it. However, while I have "moved on", my buying habits have changed DRAMATICALLY.

For example, in 2003, I bought the following games NEW and paid full retail:

Nascar Racing 2003 Season
ASB 2004
High Heat 2004
ESPN MLB Baseball
MVP Baseball 2003
ESPN NFL Football
ESPN NHL Hockey
NFL Fever 2004
NBA Inside Drive 2004
NHL 2004
NCAA Football 2004
Madden 2004

Since the beginning of 2005, I have bought the following games NEW:

MVP Baseball 2005
MLB 2k6
NHL 2k6
NASCAR 07

However, I have spent a lot of time with mods to keep games like NASCAR Racing fresh, MVP Baseball fresh, and updating rosters for MLB 2k4. I still play ASB 2005 with its expansion mode. I still pop in HH 2004 and shake my head at how true to the sport it is. NFL 2k5, with Finn's editor, is simply timeless.

Your right in that 2k5 is feeling timeless. we are fortunate that they got that game out. I know alot of people feel that the 2k5 bandwagon is powered by the liscence deal (and that is partialy true). But i realy dont feel the same fanatic following would be here if say the deal happened a year earlier and 2k4 was the last release from VC.
while i enjoyed 2k4, i think 2k5 was a milestone achievment in programing and the only bright spot is, VC got it to that point before the agreement took place.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 09-18-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
Your right in that 2k5 in feeling timeless. we are fortunate that they got that game out. I know alot of people feel that the 2k5 bandwagon in powered by the liscence deal (and that is partialy true). But i realy dont feel the same fanatic following would be here if say the deal happened a year ealier and 2k4 was the last release from VC.
while i enjoyed 2k4, i think 2k5 was a milestone achievment in programing and the only bright spot is, VC got it to that point before the agreement took place.
Totally agree
Old 09-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
both these companies are trash makers...back in the day sports game where made to play good and be fun...then the 3d gen came in and the missing link was introduced the need to reflect realism....

vc came on the scene with the ambition of a teenage sexfiend....but what's funny is they went from making good games like the classics to being a feature junky which in turn brought neglect for bugs and glitches.....

they brought these two young development teams and was teaching them to make games but vc wentwent trying to teach those teams to make decent playing games to pushing them to neglect that and go for the show & flash....these fools can't even produce a good baseball game yet.they can't even get their line-up to be all of the same quality so they can move on to making ncaa representations of their sports line-up..

I think we might be able to appreciate nba2k7..but at the expense that nfl2k5 had to die and all it's time and money was thrown in to nba..2k7 should be an experience not to be forgoten..if it plagued with bugs and glitches then it's not excusible.

ea sucks even more for doing some real b.s....but i don't give them blame cause in a competition point of view they are not losing,they release trash and it still sells a million dollar profit for them so it seems nothing is broken and need fixing to them..

vc needs the balls to challenge ea by finding a way around their football escapade..vc must convince the ncaa to cut it's exlcusive naafb deal..and also step the hell up..their exclusive mlb license is looking the same as ea's nfl just yielding trash....

EA-should have had the balls to challenge vc heads up and go gameplay-for-gameplay.

VC-should now step up and prove they want to fight..by giving the baseball expirence to beat so when ea get the right to make an MLB game they have to sweat & finding a way to make some type of football--ea showed balls by just fliching at vc's efforts and making ncaa baseball in a hurry!!
If you mean EA doesn't have the guts and 2K doesn't have the BIG pockets that EA has then you're right. Anything short of that is dead wrong.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »