Home

Game help

This is a discussion on Game help within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Game help

I started a franchise with new rosters I download from this site and I am having problems with simming the games. The PC scores are outragous. Is there a certain Quarter Length to put for Simming? Does the Sliders have anything to do with the outcomes?? I need help on this cause I can't have scores like 62-47. thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Game help

I know for my rosters that scores can be on the high side for even 3 minute periods. Regardless of what roster set you use, some stat or sub-stat category is going to be skewed. It's just the nature of the beast. Sliders have nothing to do with simming games, unfortunately.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Dafly, I think i have your Speed version rosters but i haven't tried them in the franchise yet. I also have the community rosters that i am using in my franchise. Does the high scores have to do with the players ratings? or is it just the game itself?
Old 10-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Sliders have nothing to do with simming games, unfortunately.
Injury slider does though. 1 click = 1 injury per simmed week, more or less.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez777
Does the high scores have to do with the players ratings? or is it just the game itself?
You mean simmed scores? The fewer the sim minutes, the lower the scores. Many people suggest 5 or 6 minute sim quarters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2006, 11:57 AM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

I can only speak to my rosters. The high QB ratings I'm sure account for the high scores and unrealistic QB stats in simmed games. But I didn't make my rosters for sim score/stats purposes, I made them for better QB in game stats/gameplay, which I think by and large I accomplished. I don't recommend testing any roster in exhibition. It's interesting that the comm. rosters are producing such high scores. It either has to do with some tweak they used or with the a sim time that's too high. You didn't say what you were using, but I would go with 4 or 5 min. quarters. If you're going to use mine, use 3. I've got too many scores that end up in the 40's, but then at times I see games where one team is in the teens.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Ya i was using 10 min sim quarters. Guess that had to be the reason. As far as human play i played my first game in really long time and boy did i suck! lol!!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

It'll come around bro. I play semi-often (about every 2-3 days) and I still try to overtackle with the flying dive move and give up the long run way too many times. It's nice how patience pays off in this game both on defense and on offense in the run game. Would be interested to hear your feedback on how you think my rosters play if you try them in a season. I've recently knocked the running slider down a notch or two and the blocking slider considerably (both cpu) and Gore still ran all over my Chiefs D and I had no sacks, but Smith was held to mid 50% pass completion in the low 200's with 0 TD's and 1 INT. Btw, I'll be doing a mid-season roster update with some individual player tweaks.

Last edited by daflyboys; 10-09-2006 at 12:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »