Home

Aggression Rating and affect on players..

This is a discussion on Aggression Rating and affect on players.. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Aggression Rating and affect on players..

Again i probably beating a dead horse with another topic but I had a few question I wonder if someone who has tested this or know for sure the Answer.

IF a DB (CB,FS,SS) has a high Aggression rating does it make them Cover better or does it make them cover worse due to the fact of biting on the PA pass or taking poor angles? Anyone done any tests or have any opinion on the subject? Guess the same can apply to LB as well since they cover too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 11:43 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Aggression Rating and affect on players..

High agg makes DB's cover worse. They bite too much.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:19 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Aggressive DBs seem to give more support on run coverage and attack on rushing plays. Aggressive DBs also try to make plays on way too many passes (as the poster above me stated)...sometimes they win big, but sometimes they lose big. I think having aggressive safeties is much better than aggressive corners.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm sure many tests have been done on roster edits and ratings affects on players but i am toying with it myself now. I'm sure there have been alot more people more knowledgeable on the subjet then I have done it but I wanted to do the test anyway to see ow they affect for myself.

What I did was d/l the community roster (was first ones i saw) and I did a global edit on the Aggression using the 64/127 model. So now I got all the LB,RB,WR,TE all in the 100's (depending on their original aggr) and all the Safties, QB, OL are in the 60's (again depedning upon original rating for Aggr) the DB I did my own edit for and I left them with the 1-25 range. I used Rickster "zero Slider setting" aswell with preformance EQ off. Now in a franchise I seen when playing a few games the LB and Safties swarm to the Ball carrier on run plays. On pass plays though there are break downs in coverage. Especially when playing Zone coverage. It looks like sometimes the CB kinda forget they are playing zone and the WR just loses them badly also the Safties instead of making a smart play for the ball sometimes stop and jump and the ball goes over their head and the WR burns them. What I am trying to figure out is if it's because of the higher aggr ratings or not.

I know the "sim" stats in a franchise are off alot with modfied rosters and I am trying to get more of a ballance between Sim stats and Game play stats by modifying the Ratings of the positions. Again I know this has probably been done by many people more knowledgeable then me but doesn;t hurt to try I guess. So any input any can give me on the subject would be very helpful.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez777
I know the "sim" stats in a franchise are off alot with modfied rosters and I am trying to get more of a ballance between Sim stats and Game play stats by modifying the Ratings of the positions. Again I know this has probably been done by many people more knowledgeable then me but doesn;t hurt to try I guess. So any input any can give me on the subject would be very helpful.
The Coverage rating is the key IMO. I have all my DB's rated between 90 and 125 coverage. Simply put, any rating below 85-90 or so, and the DB starts making bad plays.

As far as sim stats go, IMO it's not possible to get the game to play right in User games, and still have realistic sim stats. Example: to get the CPU QB's to come close to performing realistically in User games, their ratings all have to bumped up into the 90-125 range as well. And that completely skews the sim stats obviously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

i wish i had some kind of capture device or video-in, so i could back this up, but i play a lot of cover 2 and high aggression CBs just kill me again & again:

I have saved a few (of many) replays where a DB actually broke off his man coverage, got in between the ball and a waiting safety, tipped it OVER the head of the safety (who had a sure INT or tip), DIRECTLY into the hands of the waiting receiver (who was originally HIS man).

Even worst case scenario, had he just stayed on his man while I switch to the safety and manage to screw up the deflection/INT with human error, the corner would at least still bail me out. Instead a receiver just mindlessly running a route and not making an active play on the ball gets an easy catch (often a TD)

Of course, this is supposed to be cover 2's strength. Meanwhile, I am also conceding the soft area underneath the linebackers, so I lose on both fronts. Needless to say, my style of def does not mesh with high aggression
Old 10-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Ya i did a test myself an Def the CB having high AGGR is a bad thing. Also How does the AGGR affect other positions say like WR, TE, and RB, OL?

One thing i am noticing also, is using the zero sliders from rickster the WR are droping ALOT of balls. I mean ya WR do drop balls now and again but man it's alot more then should normally be.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez777
One thing i am noticing also, is using the zero sliders from rickster the WR are droping ALOT of balls. I mean ya WR do drop balls now and again but man it's alot more then should normally be.
The zero sliders thing is a myth IMO. With the catch slider maxed out, players STILL drop too many passes. I ended up bumping receiver catch ratings way up for every player. Don't think one receiver in my game is under 85. And certainly all passing sliders need to be maxed as well, given the QB game play is so bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »