Home

EGM Rumore Mill:Legends...

This is a discussion on EGM Rumore Mill:Legends... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2006, 02:04 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: EGM Rumore Mill:Legends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
this sucks-as bad as i want a 2k football game...old retired farts!!-how much can you get..how many teams can u make.it still won't have the real teams

1.vc needs to just fight a bloody battle for NCAA football rights.

as 2k starved i refuse a legends game..i always will.....GO HARD!!! you CAN get a way to make ncaa football 2k....YOU MUST!!
I'd bet the game wouldn't put you into the position of just playing with legendary football players. Odds are the game would be customizable so people could recreate the NFL, NCAA, XFL, USFL, or whatever the heck they wanted to. The point of signing legends would be to capture more of the casual gamers. Generic football by 2k might not seem exciting to some people...but generic football by 2k featuring Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and John Elway on the cover might catch more people's attention.

On top of being able to play as legends, 2k could always implement legends in other ways...
1. In the tutorial section of the game, have the pro players give pro tips...maybe Dan Marino can give newbies some tips on making their progressions down field or Jerry Rice can give you a lesson in route running.

2. Use the legends in the presentation of the game. Notice how a good portion of analysts for today's football games are ex players? Notice how 2k football doesn't have anyone to really do their pregame, halftime, and postgame show now that ESPN is w/ EA? How about Dan and Peter send the viewers back to the 2k studio for in depth analysis by Dan Marino, Steve Young, Tim Brown, and Deion Sanders? Wouldn't it be cool to have a digitized Troy Aikman analyze your quarterback play at the half?

3. Let some of the legends play and create VIPs for them. The celeb VIPs were horrible in 2k5...who cares if they can beat Steve-O or Carmen Electra in a game of football? But what if you got the chance to match your wits against someone who knew how to play football? Playing a VIP game against Joe Montana seems pretty exciting...would you be able to shut down the west coast offense as he gets the ball to his WRs, TEs, and HB efficiently and effortlessly?

I hardly think that if 2k released a legends game that it would make you just play with legendary players on generic teams. 2k would implement them in better ways, and maintain a high level of customization so you can have the teams and players you want on the field.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:09 AM   #10
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
They can't get NCAA or NFL or Arena. Accept it. It's legends or fake players. At least this way we can recognize the players, and playing with great players of the past can be pretty entertaining.
I'd take fake players, with a great cap feature...sorry, I don't want old farts either....
Old 10-14-2006, 07:39 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25

I hardly think that if 2k released a legends game that it would make you just play with legendary players on generic teams. 2k would implement them in better ways, and maintain a high level of customization so you can have the teams and players you want on the field.
Great post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2006, 11:47 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Guys these "old farts" are just for marketing, there will probably only be a few in the game. (if there ever is a game) The average gamer would pick a game with Barry Saunders or Joe Montana in it over a game with all fake players.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #13
Rookie

Shredder's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
this sucks-as bad as i want a 2k football game...old retired farts!!-how much can you get..how many teams can u make.it still won't have the real teams

This definitely does not suck. I will take anything at this point from 2K sports. As long as the ability to edit players, teams, unis exists. I would gladly edit a thousand players if need be.....just make the game.....we can build a league....or at least I would....
Old 10-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #14
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Maybe they get 30 or so superstar "legends" as the team captains, with generic players around them?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

first of all the we have no other options.if 2k makes another football game just support it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #16
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

I rather legends then some fake players IMO.. We should just be happy that there trying to do a football game for us..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »