Home

Finn Editor handling Salaries

This is a discussion on Finn Editor handling Salaries within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Finn Editor handling Salaries

I am using version 2.0 (build 1.321) of Finn's fine editor. My question is pertaining to salaries and how they are handled when a roster is utilized to make a franchise file.

My scenarios use the Patriots and specifically, Tom Brady. The existing rosters show his salary as $17m, backloaded, with a 10% bonus over 3 years.

Scenario 1:
I make no changes to his salary and start a franchise. I then take the fran file and increase the cap to $102m, update the schedule to the 2006/2007 and then change his salary to reflect his real $60m, backloaded, 40% bonus, 5 year deal.
When I reload the fran file in the game, the salary gets mutated to a $100million 5 year deal. The Contract shows as $60m and the term is correct, but the bonus ends up being $48m. The years show Yr 0 of 3 too. Perplexing.

Scenario 2:
I change the salary in the roster prior to starting the franchise. Save the fran file, change the cap and schedule, go back into the game with the franchise and the same result - $60m contract, but the bonus is not the $24m, it's over $40m again. This time Yr show as -1 or 3. Strange.

The only way I was able to get the combined salary and bonus to equal his $60m was to give him a salary of $36m with a 40% bonus. It appears to do an inverse calculation(the game that is) and give me the proper $24m bonus, thus cap penalty, but the Contract column now is incorrect - $36m instead of the $60m. The contract breakdown screen does add up to $60m though.

Am I doing something incorrect or out of sequence? Is this a known problem? Should I just let the game handle contract revisions?

Thanks for your time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Finn Editor handling Salaries

I dont even touch the salary editor because like Finn has said himself, its not perfected yet. My advice to you is -

1) Contact Finn yourself and email him your franchise file to see if he can fix it.

2) Dont use the salary editor feature whatsoever.

3) Do what I do - when you finish editing a player's attributes and overall rating, release him into free agents and then "assign" him back to your team. The CPU will set his salary, contract type, years and bonus randomly based on his overall rating, position and years pro. This can be done in the team rosters section in the roster manager.

Or you could release them and then re-sign them yourself after you enter franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »