Home

"Better listen to Coach" animation

This is a discussion on "Better listen to Coach" animation within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
"Better listen to Coach" animation

One thing (probably the only thing) i absolutely loath about this game, is that animation- often after you win a challenge- where the involved player or star player for your team is celebrating on the sideline....

Suddenly, it cuts to him listening to the coach (assumingly as he "coaches him). And then, as the player runs out to the field like an excited pop warner kid, he appears to hear his coach is giving him more instructions & does almost a double-take, only to have the head coach wave him out there. As if to say, "Just get out there, junior!" Its the NFL- not father & son little league

This is the most ridiculous thing to see happening to NFL stars & egos. I almost sh&t my pants when I see Brady, Manning or TERRELL OWENS exhibiting this lame subservient behavior. They should limited that animation to rookies or garbage players.

it looks just awful otherwise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: "Better listen to Coach" animation

It'll be ok.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
One thing (probably the only thing) i absolutely loath about this game, is that animation- often after you win a challenge- where the involved player or star player for your team is celebrating on the sideline....

Suddenly, it cuts to him listening to the coach (assumingly as he "coaches him). And then, as the player runs out to the field like an excited pop warner kid, he appears to hear his coach is giving him more instructions & does almost a double-take, only to have the head coach wave him out there. As if to say, "Just get out there, junior!" Its the NFL- not father & son little league

This is the most ridiculous thing to see happening to NFL stars & egos. I almost sh&t my pants when I see Brady, Manning or TERRELL OWENS exhibiting this lame subservient behavior. They should limited that animation to rookies or garbage players.

it looks just awful otherwise
now breathe.......................lol
but realy i always assumed he was using the dead ball opportunity to send in info to the huddle.......................
Old 10-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
They show TERRELL OWENS behaving like that. He's a garbage player. So what's the issue here?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
now breathe.......................lol
but realy i always assumed he was using the dead ball opportunity to send in info to the huddle.......................
ill take that idea. my buddies & i always hated seeing TO do that run-back motion. as if that guy would even look at someone if he thought he was being disrespected
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2006, 01:28 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
They show TERRELL OWENS behaving like that. He's a garbage player. So what's the issue here?
Yep, Owens is such a garbage player that he's one of only five receivers to have 100+ TD's in NFL history.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:45 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Yep, Owens is such a garbage player that he's one of only five receivers to have 100+ TD's in NFL history.
Really? In my game he's rated 53 overall and sitting at the bottom of the FA list. The guy's is definitely not a garbage "football player", for sure. And we of course all know what I was getting at
Old 10-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Really? In my game he's rated 53 overall and sitting at the bottom of the FA list. The guy's is definitely not a garbage "football player", for sure. And we of course all know what I was getting at
I know what you were getting at but there are far worse players attitude-wise in the NFL then Owens.

53 rated? Are you serious? If so, check his health status. The CPU always releases injured players because their rating drops. If he's 100% healthy, did you edit him or something? And what season are you in in your franchise?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »