Home

I don't want to stir up any misconceptions...

This is a discussion on I don't want to stir up any misconceptions... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
Anywho13

OVR:
I don't want to stir up any misconceptions...

Nevermind. I was announcing something I saw on IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/757/757362p3.html) but apparently it's old news. Sorry people

Last edited by Anywho13; 01-22-2007 at 11:42 PM.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2007, 12:21 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: I don't want to stir up any misconceptions...

It is interesting that a second IGN article has come out talking about a 2k football game as more of an inevitability than as a possibility. Hopefully IGN actually has something to base this off of that the public does not know about. If IGN keeps talking about a 2k football game like this and nothing materializes, we might see a bigger outburst than with the BL fiasco.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

That's strange. I would imagine that editors and those responsible for the publishing of any "legitimate" gaming site would not allow rampant personal speculation to be published onto their site. This leads me to believe that the rumors and talk is all more palatable than we may think.
This is however, only my own personal opinion. I just think it'd be bad taste for the IGN editors to allow their writers to post an article touting the most anticipated games of the year which includes a theoretical game.

Any thoughts?

Peace
AM Son

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 01-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #4
Anywho13

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. Son
That's strange. I would imagine that editors and those responsible for the publishing of any "legitimate" gaming site would not allow rampant personal speculation to be published onto their site. This leads me to believe that the rumors and talk is all more palatable than we may think.
This is however, only my own personal opinion. I just think it'd be bad taste for the IGN editors to allow their writers to post an article touting the most anticipated games of the year which includes a theoretical game.

Any thoughts?

Peace
AM Son
That's what I thought as well. As you can see, it has no link on the title of the game, but why would a website like that post stuff if it was just speculation and not anything concrete? I think they know something

Old 01-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

It's just odd that no other game sites are posting the same types of things. Like if GameSpot had articles about a possible game as well as IGN, then I'd totally buy into it, but when it seems to just be IGN it seems strange. I understand they might have some exclusive info, but I'm curious why everyone else is out of the loop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #6

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. Son

Any thoughts?

Peace
AM Son
I agree, and on the other hand, don't you think 2K would approach IGN and say, "Hey guys, there is no football game in production." I'm certain that 2K has seen/is aware of these newsbits on IGN. IGN is probably the largest online gaming news source, I'd say 2K is well aware of these stories, and if they are false, I'd think they'd request that IGN stop.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I agree, and on the other hand, don't you think 2K would approach IGN and say, "Hey guys, there is no football game in production." I'm certain that 2K has seen/is aware of these newsbits on IGN. IGN is probably the largest online gaming news source, I'd say 2K is well aware of these stories, and if they are false, I'd think they'd request that IGN stop.
Yep, I agree man. 2k's gotta know about the rumors, at least on a very low level. And if so, they'd certainly squash them if there was no truth to 'em.
But like the other guy said, why don't any other sources/ sites ever mention anything... hmmm, interesting indeed! :-)

Peace
AM Son

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 01-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 13

I think Take Two doesn't squash rumors like the IGN ones because it's good for business...It keeps an aura and mystique about 2K football going, and as long as people keep talking about their products (even 3 year old ones), it's fine by them. I read nothing into the fact that one guy on one website is postulating that there will be a 2K football game this year, next year, or any year. I'd pre-order right now if I even heard there was a beta-kernel of an engine, but I've given up hope that 2K will ever release another football game, at least during this console lifecycle. The momentum they had from 2K5 is long gone - they simply waited too long. Anything at this point is pure speculation, and nothing more. The day I put a Football 2K8 game in my XBox360, I'll believe it. Until then...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »