Home

I wouldn't expect Natural Motion in All-Pro 2K8

This is a discussion on I wouldn't expect Natural Motion in All-Pro 2K8 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:27 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: I wouldn't expect Natural Motion in All-Pro 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
That one homemade looking video looked real sweet. I could "feel" the hit. Man, I'll admit, if they DON'T use it, I'll be disappointed. I'm waiting for a true "next-gen" sports game to come out before I buy a "next-gen" system. The graphics aren't doing it for me.
The 2K5 game engine was so far ahead of its time that 2K could - and I would guess will - use it for the next few years. And why not?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
The 2K5 game engine was so far ahead of its time that 2K could - and I would guess will - use it for the next few years. And why not?

It was good... even great... but you're dealing with a whole new animal here with the technology of today.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:35 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
It was good... even great... but you're dealing with a whole new animal here with the technology of today.
Apparently 2K/Kush is still using the same game engine for MLB 2K7 that they used for 2K3 etc. Just upgrade the graphics and animations, a few tweaks, and presto.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:37 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Apparently 2K/Kush is still using the same game engine for MLB 2K7 that they used for 2K3 etc. Just upgrade the graphics and animations, a few tweaks, and presto.
Yeah but Kush and VC are two different developers... I hope it's more than graphics and a "few tweaks." Greg Thomas was talkin' "true next-gen". I think to most people that means more than that-- even if it doesn't use the EUPHORIA engine.... as I hope it does...
Old 01-31-2007, 09:45 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Greg Thomas was talkin' "true next-gen".
He said they identified six areas of improvement, and had "rebuilt" probably four of them (as I recall). I'm guessing - and it's just my guess - that they're sticking with the 2K5 engine and "rebuilding" the graphics, animations, presentation, etc. They haven't created a new engine for any of their next/now-gen games as of yet, so I can't see them doing it for this game, especially since the 2K5 engine was and is still miles ahead of Madden even now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #22
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
He said they identified six areas of improvement, and had "rebuilt" probably four of them (as I recall). I'm guessing - and it's just my guess - that they're sticking with the 2K5 engine and "rebuilding" the graphics, animations, presentation, etc. They haven't created a new engine for any of their next/now-gen games as of yet, so I can't see them doing it for this game, especially since the 2K5 engine was and is still miles ahead of Madden even now.
That's interesting insight into the 4/6 comment made by GT- I had no idea where to start but that's a good one.

The NFL 2K5 engine is fine, it just needs a few tweaks (QB spy, DB AI to name a few) but the engine is great.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:02 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
The NFL 2K5 engine is fine, it just needs a few tweaks (QB spy, DB AI to name a few) but the engine is great.
It's also possible to tweak and improve the game engine itself because that's what 2K/Kush has been doing with the MLB engine supposedly - refining it more each year.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:38 AM   #24
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Just about every company making next gen games is doing that right now. There is no need to jump to expensive new engines when the mass public wouldn't even know what a game engine was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »